• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
gears_1280x512_HEADERXxXX.jpg

Teams-Format-Final.jpg

ELEAGUE Gears Summer Series Invitational powered by Truth to Feature First Look at Gears 5's "Escalation" Multiplayer, Saturday, July 13, at Noon ET on Twitch

ELEAGUE Arena will be the scene of the world's first esports tournament for Xbox Game Studios' upcoming Gears 5, as eight of the world's best professional teams land at Turner Studios in Atlanta to compete for the game's first professional championship. The ELEAGUE Gears Summer Series Invitational will begin Saturday, July 13, at Noon ET, with live coverage available via ELEAGUE's Twitch channel. The Invitational will pick back up Sunday, July 14, at Noon and continue live until a winner is crowned.

Livestream link

Day 1

t1563033600z1.png

Day 2

t1563120000z1.png

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
I'm definitely down to watch some of this.

I'm more excited for the Arcade Versus Mode reveal, though.

A few weeks after launch and I doubt I'll have the ability to keep up with most Escalation players haha.

srylain

Jun 15, 2018
I'm more excited for the Arcade Versus Mode reveal, though.

Arcade sounds like it's taking some cues from CS:GO, and having purchasable weapons during the match. If true (which it could be, since they want Arcade to be a mode that isn't all Gnashers and bouncing), that definitely sounds different enough.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Arcade sounds like it's taking some cues from CS:GO, and having purchasable weapons during the match. If true (which it could be, since they want Arcade to be a mode that isn't all Gnashers and bouncing), that definitely sounds different enough.
Never played CSGO but that sounds kinda similar to Warzone in Halo 5, only without the energy levels

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Will try to catch this. Will they show off Arcade mode as well? Like between matches?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Sure but not with 'ELeague' on the front haha, but I get what you're saying

Terminator tho hurts me, even though it kinda fits in

I feel ya.

I actually think Terminator fits really well, specially with the coalition redesign.
Linda Hamilton will likely just look like casual Anya from Gears 3 so she will fit okay.

The only good thing about the really out there skins is they are always either super rare, or so many people get them (Ice-T) that people just stop using them because having a whole team of the same character is boring.

Though a whole team of Onyx Guard is one of the coolest things ive seen in a Gears match.
Got our ass beat, but didnt even feel bad.

What actually kills my immersion is a whole team of the same character in different outfits...dont ask me why seeing Kait in a Thrashball outfit with Optic Gaming print is fine, but seeing Marcus armored and Marcus Tomorrow on the same team irks me to death.

I actively will change my character to a skin I dont even like if I see the same character on my team.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Those skins are smokin hot. 😏
Nah, but honestly, ima watch it to see if it looks fun to me. Never really been into Gears MP like that.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Nice, thanks for the thread. Had no idea this was about to start.

Let's see if a thread with actual gameplay and things relevant to the game can have more discussion than a thread about friggen smoking.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
God dang loving the lighting system and reflections off surfaces! You can see all metallic surfaces reflecting in real time when players move around them. It's looking substantially better over Gears 4 O.o can't wait to see campaign

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I really don't like spectating gears lol. Looking forward to playing the game though.