• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's a nice thing for completionists...unlike Forza 2's Auction House years ago...

The Map Builder she tells you not to worry about:

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even realize Gears 5 had a map maker...

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Gears 5 had a map making tool?

But nice of them to unlock the achievement for all. Should be the standard for achievements/trophies becoming unavailable...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I never really got the impression that making and sharing Escape maps was a big thing for the community. It was one of those features that I thought sounded amazing when they announced it and then never ever looked at it once the game came out. The official rotation of maps was plenty frequent enough. Didn't need thousands of others.

I didn't even realize Gears 5 had a map maker...

It was for the Escape mode. You could make your own Escape maps for PvE and share them for others to play on.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot about this.
Good on them for the achievements. Should be standard in case of online mode closure.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot about user made Escape maps. Kind of felt like that mode died out pretty quick in general.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Remember that you don't need to redownload/update all 5 million GB or whatever Gears 5 is these days.

Just load up the Xbox Cloud Streaming version and they should pop (once this is live).

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who mastered all the escape maps, I spent like 5 minutes on that mode just to get the achievements, imo it was too hidden and it was hard to see which maps were good and which weren't

Kroze

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised they are flat out removing a feature like this from the game itself. Was it reliant on servers completely? It's a shame custom community content is being jettisoned just due to the mode not being showcased in a way where people knew about it.

I feel like it would make more sense if they kept the building your own maps and took the server uploads offline… but even that kinda sucks too

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
So how does this work exactly? We just boot up the game and they pop up? What if we've never touched the mode before?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that you don't need to redownload/update all 5 million GB or whatever Gears 5 is these days.

Just load up the Xbox Cloud Streaming version and they should pop (once this is live).
That's not an option for everyone, sadly. Your first sentence gave me hope and the second one took it away......

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
Bit weird to remove it after a short period of time but from the replies clearly not many knew of its existence in the first place. Great that they're handing out achievements and I wish that all games that had unobtainable achievements/trophies due to removal of online or a portion of the game being changed after launch did the same.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Guess this will take care of one of my daily 50 reward point quests to get an achievement. Thanks OP. Wouldnt have known otherwise

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I remember a friend being really mad when that Hellboy game on 360 had an incomplete achievement list, like only 800 points or something, because the game was unfinished and there was supposed to be DLC to add the last few levels.

The thing flopped and, as far as I'm aware, they never put that stuff out, so the base 1000 points were literally never able to be obtained.

This was back when he was obsessed with getting "S Ranks" on Giant Bomb's achievement tracking system and he ranted about it for a year.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
love free achievements
You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference and that Dino Crisis will never receive a remake.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
It's the main reason I posted.

Some of us need a daily achievement for Rewards sometimes!

Yeah! I just ran the game on cloud and an achievement popped up as soon as the game loaded my cloud save. Only one though, I suppose I already got others. How many, and which ones, are supposed to be granted automatically now?

Jan 4, 2018
Damn, I liked making Escape maps with it. I also enjoyed Snapmap in DOOM but these kinds of things don't seem to get much traction

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Played Gears 5 more than 6 full days and didn't even know that something like a map builder even existed. Crazy stuff.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If you have Game Pass Ultimate and don't feel like going to your console/PC and downloading the game, just boot it up on xCloud, and the achievements will unlock.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I wish all games did this. The FFXV Comrades trophies are mocking me rn

The dumbass lengths I had to go to in order to get those trophies after they removed Comrades from the FFXV app... seriously fucked up that Square would do that to a mainline title so close to launch

Good on the Coalition, this really should be how all devs do it