• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
THREE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN CO-OP
Battle alongside your friends in three-player online or split-screen co-op.

VISUAL SHOWCASE
Play every mode in 4K and HDR at a smooth 60 frames per second on Xbox One X.

Rod says it also at 1 hour and 14.

Splitscreen will be 4k/30. No info yet on the Xbox One S. But it probably will aim for 60 also even for campaign

PLAY AS JACK
Play as Jack, your personal flying support bot that can protect allies and damage enemies – perfect for players new to Gears.

CAMPAIGN
The world is crumbling. The Swarm has corrupted the Coalition's robot army and is descending upon human cities. With danger closing in, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera – herself.

explore-campaign-5cfc0983ce4d1-1024x576.jpg

gears-5-ultimate-5cf96777df61b-717x1024.png

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the SP trailer tomorrow.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
In spite of the rough-looking reveals today, I'm still very optimistic for Gears 5, especially given how good Gears 4 was.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
well, in the sea of disappointment at least it's nice to hear that campaign is more than 2 player this time around.

Nov 8, 2017
Not to be negative, but 4k60 in every mode strikes me the kind of thing where it's going to turn out to be reconstructed or dynamic (and not hitting the upper bounds most of the time).

I'm very confident that it will be gorgeous, regardless.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Asymmetrical coop. Interesting.
It better be fun enough for 3 players with similar skill levels.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
This Gears better still exist.

PinkSilverIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

I'm prepping myself for major disappointment. I sincerely hope the single player they showed in 2018 has remained intact and they've actually improved on it, but the way they are hiding the campaign has me seriously worried something's gone wrong and they are in crunch mode to try and fix it. I really hope I'm wrong and they've just decided on an odd media schedule, but I can't take another crushing disappointment like Crackdown 3. My heart just can't do it any more.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I love Gears and Rod and the studio are really great, but they deserve every bit of criticism for this abysmal showing. This was absolutely embarrassing.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I'm prepping myself for major disappointment. I sincerely hope the single player they showed in 2018 has remained intact and they've actually improved on it, but the way they are hiding the campaign has me seriously worried something's gone wrong and they are in crunch mode to try and fix it. I really hope I'm wrong and they've just decided on an odd media schedule, but I can't take another crushing disappointment like Crackdown 3. My heart just can't do it any more.
Should be fine, Coalition isn't Square Enix.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Or.. They're talking up coop because of gamepass implications. It's pretty natural to push that angle at this time.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Wait a minute why is that cover saying Gears 5! Isn't this franchise called Gears of War?
It was destined to become "Gears" eventually. I didn't know anyone who made an effort to call the series by its full name. It was always "wanna play Gears 2?" or "have you tried the Gears 3 beta?" The fact that Gears of War 4 was originally revealed as Gears 4 shows that this is a change that they've wanted to take the series in for a while now. By that point, my friends were calling it "Gears of Four" as a joke.

yCkCYKT.png

They should give 1080p/120fps option
CPU limitations would definitely be a factor there.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
4K60 for the campaign is a surprise, they must be being pretty conservative to hit that on console.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
So the focus is on Kait doesn't the campaign co-op goes against it?

You playing as Jack... as one of the three characters tells me they included it just because it part of the gears series.

What I'm trying to say is co-op in the campaign necessary sins if you want to play with you're friends you have,

Multiplayer, Horde mode and the new escape mode all being possible by playing together, so maybe the campaign would have been better by not having it.

Or maybe what I'm really saying is that I don't want to revive my dumb as AI ever again.

So maybe fix that and co-op would be less of an issue

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Is it 3 players each of them playing a character that isnt Jack ? Also can we mix online and local coop ?

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
Not to be negative, but 4k60 in every mode strikes me the kind of thing where it's going to turn out to be reconstructed or dynamic (and not hitting the upper bounds most of the time).

I'm very confident that it will be gorgeous, regardless.
Wasn't Gears 4 also in native 4K60 at least in multiplayer? Maybe they optimized the singleplayer to hit that goal this time around.

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
I wonder how it will look on splitscreen with the three players. Or maybe the player who plays with Jack will only do it through a UI, picking up who to support at any time.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't Gears 4 also in native 4K60 at least in multiplayer? Maybe they optimized the singleplayer to hit that goal this time around.
Difficult to say. But people must realize how Unreal 4 got better in the last 3 years. I mean Gears 4 was the first real AAA game with UE4 this gen. Since then the engine is improved like crazy.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to getting back to my Gears of War routes.