• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Really thrilled I'm gonna get to play this for free with my free months of game pass. Thanks AMD

Jun 10, 2018
I definitely can't wait for Gears 5. Looks like it should be really good. And hopefully there are several of those massive bosses shown in the trailer. I am kind of glad they have shown very little of the campaign. Better to be surprised then to have most locations and set-pieces spoiled.

swimming

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
man both trailers have had shit music. actually both trailers were wack af lol. how did we go from mad world to this

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Wow did that suck.
Guess we know why they kept that under wraps.

TangibleScientificAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

Yeah what was going on there the snow looks a bit better the lightning fire is soooo bad

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
This is what should have been at e3 rather than whatever the hell that was.

Looks cool. Hopefully they learned their lesson and I won't be killing robots for the first 1/3 of the campaign. A solid campaign is all I need. I'll keep coming back for the MP which they have proven they know that they are doing.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm out. I miss the og gears. I really liked the gritty horror vibes way better. Now it feels more like a Pacific Rim meets Fast and Furious.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
I'm not really feeling their marketing for this game. It says it's a story trailer, but it's basically just a bunch of shit exploding with a few lines of dialogue thrown in. I can't say I know anything more about the story after watching the trailer than I did before. I'm sure I'll still get it for some co-op for the campaign, but it's kind of infuriating that they are holding so much back this close to release. I'm talking strictly about the campaign, which is the main reason I buy these games (crazy I know)

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty excited for this, hope they took some of the Gears 4 critique to heart.

AKA please don't only fight robots for two acts, lol. The prone shooting section with JD still shows him with hair so I wonder if that'll be an early section showing how he gets all messed up.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
I'm not really feeling their marketing for this game. It says it's a story trailer, but it's basically just a bunch of shit exploding with a few lines of dialogue thrown in. I can't say I know anything more about the story after watching the trailer than I did before. I'm sure I'll still get it for some co-op for the campaign, but it's kind of infuriating that they are holding so much back this close to release. I'm talking strictly about the campaign, which is the main reason I buy these games (crazy I know)
Holding story beats back is what I want all of these damned games to do. I feel like I know half of the story before I even have a chance to play it if I watch a trailer or two.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone complaining about the song choice is going on my ignore list lol.

I'm kidding but seriously. What's wrong with ya'll?

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I cant wait, was already in day one, but yea the music choices are a little meh. Game looks fantastic, the fleeing in the vehicle with the giant monster giving chase immediately gave me and my wife old school Gears vibes. Man between Gears 5, FF8, Borderlands 3, and then Destiny Shadowkeep right at the beginning of October, I am done for the rest of the year and then some.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
Holding story beats back is what I want all of these damned games to do. I feel like I know half of the story before I even have a chance to play it if I watch a trailer or two.

I guess I disagree. I don't want all of the story beats spoiled, but it would be nice if they gave us the basic premise and very simple character motivations (revenge, discovery, etc.). I don't need the plot spelled out beat by beat, but it would be nice to at least give us a taste of what to expect. It's just a personal preference.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Got this pre-ordered on Steam. Even now it blows my mind that Microsoft is putting their games on Steam. Not only that, but they're putting them on Steam day and date with the Xbox and Windows 10 releases.

Very excited to play through the story with my co-op buddy. I might try multiplayer but I never did get into it in the previous games.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
TIL a lot of people consider Nine Inch Nails horrible music. Not sure I want to know their definition of good music.
Pretty Hate Machine is such a goddamned awesome album too.

That said, the editing didn't do it justice, which is a shame, since NiN trailers for things are typically their best ones (Terminator Salvation even looked awesome set to NiN).

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
I guess I disagree. I don't want all of the story beats spoiled, but it would be nice if they gave us the basic premise and very simple character motivations (revenge, discovery, etc.). I don't need the plot spelled out beat by beat, but it would be nice to at least give us a taste of what to expect. It's just a personal preference.
Feels kinda obvious to me where Kait's journey is starting from.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
This is actually the first Gears 5 trailer to get me interested. Looks like the campaign has a few really cool set pieces.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why they're showing so little of it. It's visually stunning, and the CG (I assume that's CG) looks fantastic, so is something wrong with it in other areas or are they wanting people to be surprised?

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the Gears campaigns, so I have high hopes for it.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand why they're showing so little of it. It's visually stunning, and the CG (I assume that's CG) looks fantastic, so is something wrong with it in other areas or are they wanting people to be surprised?

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the Gears campaigns, so I have high hopes for it.

I think they just want people to experience the game without spoiling what happens. I don't even think we would have gotten this trailer if there wasn't such backlash to what was shown at E3.

I'm pretty sure this game is going to be special

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like you would have already been out since 2.

I've played then all since then minus judgement. 3 was still pretty fun. But yes the original two were great!

Really not a fan of the direction the series has taken. 4 was not for me. Disliked the intro and the ending. Most likely going to pass on this if not just a quick sub in gamepass, play it and cancel it.

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
OMG, I cannot recommend that 4k/60fps trailer enough. The graphics are flipping incredible, and the sound quality/mix is much better than the live stream was. Sound never completely disappears over and over again like with the live show either.

Last edited:

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Awesome, definitely gonna play the campaign for 1$ on PC Game Pass, if by then i'll be already done with Astral Chain and Control

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
I'm just not all that interested in Kait as a character, or her backstory that they're hanging this whole game on.

Game sure looks nice, though. Some of the keyframe animation looked stiff amongst all of the mocap, though. Otherwise, 4K/60 with these visuals should be amazing.

Still looking forward to it, but they've still not given me anything to be really hyped for.
Your loss, the campaign looks interesting and the multiplayer is vastly improved from Gears 4 judging by my time in the tech test.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
User Banned (1 Day) - Antagonizing another user
The game reveal of gears 5 was exactly like that.

You know what is interesting about you is I like to think for fun if there is anything MS could do that you wouldn't feel like it was your job to defend or be hyped over. Like I love Kojima but the DS gameplay reveal was definitely not for me. In fact none of the gameplay elements of that title look interesting to me at all but I would be willing to bet if that was a game from Cliffy as a new exclusive series on X1 you might personally think "man that doesn't look good" but publicly you have to toe the company line. Just seems boring to me.

kung-fu-owl

Alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
You know what is interesting about you is I like to think for fun if there is anything MS could do that you wouldn't feel like it was your job to defend or be hyped over. Like I love Kojima but the DS gameplay reveal was definitely not for me. In fact none of the gameplay elements of that title look interesting to me at all but I would be willing to bet if that was a game from Cliffy as a new exclusive series on X1 you might personally think "man that doesn't look good" but publicly you have to toe the company line. Just seems boring to me.

What's your deal?

First post in thread is shitting on a game you're evidently not interested in, now it's implying Theorry is some kind of shill.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe you should have read abit further and i said thought he was talking about the reveal part. As we were before.
I criticized MS yesterday for the steam price of Gears 5 btw. But i guess some people want to see what they want to see. Seems boring tho.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yikes.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm not the biggest gears fan - but I do think this looks absolutely brilliant. I enjoyed the arcade mode in the tech test. Will be a gamepass for me as I'm not invested enough to buy.

However, I find all these Xbox game threads being filled with console war nonsense incredibly draining. Just stop. The game clearly looks really good. We don't know how it will play. But please there is no need to talk down a game you aren't ever going to play.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
I keep going outside to check my street name and address, after reading some of the comments in this thread. I just wanna make sure I haven't been abducted by aliens and they've got me in some Matrix simulation or some shit...

*checks Address and street name*

Yep! Still WTF street.

I thought I was in crazy land but WTF street or the matrix works too

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I can understand people being underwhelmed, that's how I feel about Death Stranding, but in the end we know shit about either game. This is still to me just a game trailer without any gameplay shown. I like the environment that seems to be included in this campaign and it looks like a fun ride. I liked this trailer.

People sure do like pissing on games still not out for various odd reasons without knowing how the game will end up being. Hey! If you like to piss then do I know a game for y'all :)

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can't believe I get to play this in two weeks. I really enjoyed Gears 4 and this looks like it's going to be straight up great shooting fun. Let's do it!

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I'm still shocked that The Coallition has not demoed any SP segment yet, the game will release in 3 weeks.

For the trailer it seems that they will try to emulate the campaign progression that Gears 2 had, more epic setpieces, bigger enemies... which is fine, but I want to see more. I wonder why they decided to keep the SP content as a secret this time.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

Where's the hostility coming from?

You doing okay fam?

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Do they even need to demo anything? Pretty much everyone can get a gamepass sub trial for free and play it thencancel. Barely any risk with this game in terms of getting it