• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
That's not at all what people were saying. Many expressed concerns that maybe it wasn't such a reinvention after all and was more of the same. No one thought it was "horrible".
This is false. Many thought the campaign was probably not very good and why TC was afraid to show the SP in all its glory.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is false. Many thought the campaign was probably not very good and why TC was afraid to show the SP in all its glory.

I don't think anyone was saying that the lack of footage was definitive proof the campaign was not very good, rather that it was simply a possibility, or that The Coalition were simply behind schedule on the campaign side of things, or that the vision for it may have changed.

The concerns were valid based on the lack of campaign footage though, concerns that were shared by even the most ardent Xbox YouTube enthusiasts, channels and fans, all over forums and social media, just not by some of the most ardent enthusiasts on here who quite literally have a level of blind and unflinching optimism or faith.

Even now, the way the campaign has been shown is still strange and not exactly confidence inspiring, so if it does end up being incredible, the way they've marketed and (not) shown it is going to seem even more perplexing.

Last edited:

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

No, what you are saying is false. Please, show me those posts that were saying the campaign was probably "not very good" or "horrible" as the other poster said. That is not at all what was happening.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
So the cinematics in the game are all confirmed real-time now.. no more low res video at low fps.

That's a huge step forward for the series. Everything will feel much more cohesive.. and I just want to say... the cutscene at the end of the video I just saw made me question if it was really real-time or not. Wow.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
No, what you are saying is false. Please, show me those posts that were saying the campaign was probably "not very good" or "horrible" as the other poster said. That is not at all what was happening.
There were posts during E3 that were speculating that the campaign was in trouble. That Rod and the team can't deliver on their promises of an evolution of the Gears formula.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There were posts during E3 that were speculating that the campaign was in trouble. That Rod and the team can't deliver on their promises of an evolution of the Gears formula.

Absolutely, I'm not denying that at all. As I said, there was concern it would be more of the same and not a reinvention. People weren't saying it would be bad...that is what I was responding to.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Man I still need to beat Gears 4. But I don't want to deal with the MS Store and download the game. ugh.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
For future reference how do we go about requesting to make threads?

www.resetera.com

The |OT| |OT|: Index, Volunteer, Coordinate, & Collaborate [Read OP!] OT

The index is up-to-date as of post #4440 on March 6, 2024 The latest update to the index was made 2024-03-06 17:58:55 Europe/Amsterdam ago. (all claims posted are valid whether they're listed in the index or not, as long as they adhere to the criteria outlined below) Skip to the Claim Index...

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

The |OT| |OT|: Index, Volunteer, Coordinate, & Collaborate [Read OP!] OT

The index is up-to-date as of post #4440 on March 6, 2024 The latest update to the index was made 2024-03-06 17:58:55 Europe/Amsterdam ago. (all claims posted are valid whether they're listed in the index or not, as long as they adhere to the criteria outlined below) Skip to the Claim Index...
Thanks guys.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
JFC. That video is a prime example of why sometimes it's better to play games yourself. The game looks great but the person playing is fucking awful. Long pauses for no reason, terrible accuracy, kills melee range enemies with ADS lancer then revs the chainsaw at no-one, gets given a GL lancer and doesn't fire a single grenade. Kill me now.
Not to mention trying to kill enemies from long distane with the gnasher and overkill. I wish I had watched that footage cus it just made me mad when I should have been drowning in hype.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played either of those yet but more incentive for me to finally play Titanfall 2. Admittedly I only had third person shooters in mind.
To be fair with Destiny it's only one faction, but Tif2 has mech combat so of course they would get the on the ground robots to feel fun to fight as well.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
This looks good but I miss the days when Gears games used to set new visual benchmarks

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
User Banned (Permanent): Hostility and Sending Inappropriate PMs; Numerous Prior Bans for Hostility, Trolling, and Inflammatory Behavior
I don't think anyone was saying that the lack of footage was definitive proof the campaign was not very good, rather that it was simply a possibility, or that The Coalition were simply behind schedule on the campaign side of things, or that the vision for it may have changed.

The concerns were valid based on the lack of campaign footage though, concerns that were shared by even the most ardent Xbox YouTube enthusiasts, channels and fans, all over forums and social media, just not by some of the most ardent enthusiasts on here who quite literally have a level of blind and unflinching optimism or faith.

Even now, the way the campaign has been shown is still strange and not exactly confidence inspiring, so if it does end up being incredible, the way they've marketed and (not) shown it is going to seem even more perplexing.
Are you going to be OK if this scores above 90 on MC? I worry about your well being. God forbid this outscores a title on your desired platform......the horror!!!

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who dared to even question Rod?

dkg6qam6o6n01.png

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Because we have a slew of multiplayer games with three player split screen coop, and is targeting 4k/60fps across all modes. Heck, most single player games are not even targeting that frame rate.
I would have preferred if they cranked up the visuals and gave us a major leap as I'm fine with 30 FPS instead of going to 60

Sterba

Oct 25, 2017
Curious what its called. As there is a theme to the latest trailers. Kait "Broken" at E3, Kait "Unleashed" at Gamescom

Kait "Ascended" to go with book lol?

I'm deadly serious. We were talking about games a few days ago, I brought up Gears 5 was coming out soon and he responded that yeah, he's seen all the multiplayer videos on YT and he's surprised they decided to make it multiplayer only.

Smart enough to find Gears 5 gameplay, not smart enough to Google Gears 5 campaign, etc? I have my doubts, but ok.

MS is sadly the last company that should be pulling this kind of marketing this after the CD3 fiasco

Comparing a game that went through several delays and whenever it was shown looked rough to a game that had a few solid showings of gameplay from other modes, and had a tech test that people got to play and had solid impressions even with server issues the first weekend. One game gave us all solid reasons to be concerned while the other showed off quality polished MP.