• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Very promising. This is the kind of thing I was hoping to hear especially after Gears 4 being the same shit again.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it was their marketing strategy to not show off the open world until the last minute.

If they led with this at E3 there would have been a very positive response. Instead they showed off some weird mode.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coalition going semi open world with lite RPG elements and shaking up the formula while preserving what made Gears great and keeping the core multiplayer classic with new interesting modes.....

I really really really hope Coalition and 343 industries have been exchanging notes....

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I understand why Rod wanted to save campaign reveal for last. The changes are shocking and incredible. This will catapult its momentum into launch. Genius. Absolutely genius.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
PlaintiveFlashyAfricanparadiseflycatcher-size_restricted.gif
fuck Me UP!!!!!

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When are reviews hitting? Sorry if thats already been answered.

May 17, 2018
Sounds promising, but, I still kinda hope there's some real gameplay shake up as well as the environments.

Either way, I'm pretty pumped.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
This is my first I'm hearing about that gif being a cutscene lol. We've had a year of people sharing that gif as representative of gameplay and now all of sudden it's cutscene. Okay, how do we explain this then?

SandyFarJackal-size_restricted.gif

ElaborateHardtofindBirdofparadise-size_restricted.gif

Materials and lighting are better in the E3 trailer.

People have been saying that initial ice seen was a cutscene for a long time now... This isn't the first time you've heard that lol.

And I'm not even going to bother with you comparing two completely different locales and saying "Look, they're both red, so downgrade!"

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
From arstechnica

'The Coalition has an ambitious performance profile in mind: 60fps on all versions of Xbox One, in 1080p resolution on standard and 4K on Xbox One X.'

Am I reading this right? Campaign in 60fps on base Xbox One?

Or is this only multiplayer?

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
From arstechnica

'The Coalition has an ambitious performance profile in mind: 60fps on all versions of Xbox One, in 1080p resolution on standard and 4K on Xbox One X.'

Its a error. 1080p/60 for MP modes. 1080p/30 for SP

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
From arstechnica

MP only for base Xbox One it runs at 30fps

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'd love to do this but I have qualms about how health works for the enemies.

I hated in Gears 4 how inconsistent my gnasher gibs were. Seemed like sometimes I'd gib a swarm drone point blank and other times they'd tank the hit.

I tend to like the normal mode because it allows me to do the classic gears shotgun cover to cover wall bouncing, but in campaign. If heroic mode makes the enemies beefier it won't feel as fun.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not going to watch any footage, but these changes sound great. Coalition going to pull a God of War and give the series the refresh it needed.

Rainemane

Oct 27, 2017
Completely dropped Gears 4 after a few hours but got gamepass ultimate to try Gears 5 so I'd love to be back in love with gears like I was with Gears 1 and 2. never cared for the campaign but i like what I'm reading.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the marketing campaign for this was strange and wouldn't pay off, but here am I feeling super excited now, 10 days before release.