• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Antagonizing another member
Found the actual problem:
zmntRGN.png

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
I see the weird dithering-type effect in the second image pretty clearly. I wonder if it's a temporal issue or upscaling issue, are you playing with dynamic res on?

completey shuttered dynamic off, i actually tried things with normal res and also downsampling too, i also tweaked ini files with ini tweaks i know from ue4 games.

i know to some it might be nitpicky etc but i tend to take alot of screens in games i love game art and posting screens and i notice stuff like this and its frustrating

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't tried the game but it doesn't look bad to me. Sure artifacts aren't nice but at least the effect isn't set to some high strength and floating over everything in the scene... almost like it's bleeding around edges.

I get people not being bothered by it, but if it is broken, I'm sure The Coalition would like to know so they can fix it.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Was this really deserving of its own thread? Why not just post it in the OT?

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Lmao. And to think we've got all these Jim Sterling threads where people keep insisting that AA budgets are all we need in gaming.

Now people are zooming in 10x into leaves to complain about stuff.

#leafgate

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Does look off but not that big of a deal from the looks of it. I will know when I get my hands on it when it officially releases.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
vestan that helps a bit, I can see it in...maybe one or two of the circles? I'm not getting why there are so many circled areas that don't clearly exhibit the behavior. Like, this is from the A-to-B scene they showed to highlight it, and if anything, this makes me think it's another rendering interaction. It's certainly not affecting much of the scene at all in the AO coverage.

comparisonbfjn4.gif

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
yea the ao is really dithered. Have to find the perfect sweet spot where it isn't too noticable but there's still good ao

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Was this really deserving of its own thread? Why not just post it in the OT?
Guess that settles it then, gears 5 looks like trash
Lmao. And to think we've got all these Jim Sterling threads where people keep insisting that AA budgets are all we need in gaming.

Now people are zooming in 10x into leaves to complain about stuff.

#leafgate

What exactly is wrong with someone pointing this out?

Literally, this is a reasonable and justified criticism and uncertainty over a particular graphical implementation.
At no point is anyone saying "OMG, its worst game ever" - like the nonsense of "grassgate"; a symptom of a performance differential

How do you people notice this stuff

I think the OP has a perfectly innocent question. Considering all the fawning and dick waving in every DF thread, I don't see why such a question shouldn't be asked. Particularly so for enthusiasts who may spot these thing far more easily

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm not sure what's going on with some of the posters in this thread. The issue Queen pointed out exists. She's not telling you that the game is suddenly horrible looking, she's just trying to see if others had the same issue (and hopefully raise awareness to see if it can be fixed). Instead, people here seem to think it was a console warring thread or something of the sort, going from their reactions. And it is a bigger deal for some people, since (as Queen already pointed out in this thread) they prefer to take nice screenshots while they play, or enjoy games more if they don't have visual bugs. I'm not one of these people, but I can understand it, surely others can as well...

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Why are people mocking the op?
He said a specific effect is horrid and from what i see there is something to talk about, he didn't say anything bad about the game or the graphics in general.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Like... how do you even notice that, or even think it's a big enough issue for a thread. Like that is so innocuous.

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
Like... how do you even notice that, or even think it's a big enough issue for a thread. Like that is so innocuous.

i spend alot of time taking screens of games and at times have actually had my screens used by the publisher ?

like this isnt something new lol, the game is decent looking but it has AO implemntation issues that im suprised not many others have clearly noticied and at end of day wanted to raise awareness in hope it may get fixed (it can never seen this in other ue4 games) and then make the screens even sexier

Status
Not open for further replies.