• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Borderlands port for Switch makes sense since graphics wise, it never looked
Intensive? Big question is can you do couch co-op with two profiles?

Plum

May 31, 2018
So if this is Borderlands' debut on Switch then this is what we can expect:
- Only 2, No Pre-Sequel
- Full Priced
- 30fps with drops
- 900p Docked/600p Handheld
- No gyro aiming
- No voice chat for co-op
- Icon that's literally just the guy shooting himself in the head
I'd be shocked if even half of those were wrong.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Borderlands 2 on switch is a good thing, but just give me Borderlands 3 info. I am not going back to 2 again.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So what is the deal with the borderlands games? I've never played them but I'd they are coming to switch I might be interested

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the deal with the borderlands games? I've never played them but I'd they are coming to switch I might be interested

They are looter shooters expect they aren't online only like Destiny, Anthem, etc. In bl2 there are 6 different classes with different skills and abilities. Most of the skills are passive bonuses to your character expect for the action ability or ult.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
I'm not going to admit how long I stared at OP waiting for the image to finish loading...👀

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Forgot that there's been a rumor going around that BL2 is getting DLC soon. I guess on Steam the Handsome Collection has been getting a bunch of updates lately. this could maybe be it too.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
FPS/RPG series that's like Halo campaigns by way of Diablo. Character classes and randomly generated loot—guns, primarily—but with fixed maps and a fairly heavy emphasis on story. Can be played solo or up to 4P co-op.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Should be the Handsome Collection so all 3 games eventually come to Switch.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Never played borderlands but switch port? Count me in

Edit : it's a looter shooter?
Nvermind ._.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
- Only 2, No Pre-Sequel
- Full Priced
- 30fps with drops
- No gyro aiming
The game ran at 25ish FPS on an Intel HD 4000 chipset.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
The Vita Port of BL2 was by a Sony Studio right?
So we can't really look at that in terms of features.
(Apart from the fact that the Vita just wasn't powerful enoigh for the game)
- Only 2, No Pre-Sequel
- Full Priced
- 30fps with drops
- No gyro aiming
Borderlands 2 is a PS3 gen title, half of those being right would be ridiculous

Plum

May 31, 2018
The game ran at 25ish FPS on an Intel HD 4000 chipset.

That doesn't mean there's no chance that it could run at 30fps on Switch.

Note that these aren't my expectations based on what the Switch can/can't do, but what my expectations are based on the kind of porting job I believe Gearbox (or whoever ports it) can do.

The only things that BL2's age has any bearing on are the tech specs part, and considering BL2 does get very intense at points I'd argue that 30fps with drops is possible if whoever's porting it fail to optimise it correctly.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA

Vita port was paid for by Sony, but it was developed by Iron Galaxy.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017

Note that these aren't my expectations based on what the Switch can/can't do, but what my expectations are based on the kind of porting job I believe Gearbox (or whoever ports it) can do.

The only things that BL2's age has any bearing on are the tech specs part, and considering BL2 does get very intense at points I'd argue that 30fps with drops is possible if whoever's porting it fail to optimise it correctly.
I mean BL2 runs fine on Shield right? i know it was a marketed title for it and thats basically the switch. only issue might be Unreal 3 support?

Iron Galaxy handled the port iirc. which is funny because thats where Adam Boyes works now.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
If it has all the DLC I'll get it.

Would personally prefer the remaster of 1 to come, but I'll take some quality portable Borderlands.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Handsome Jack Collection seems like a logical move.

Then they could tease Borderlands 3

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017

Realistically I could see it running native at 30 undocked and 60 docked at 1080p. I would love multi-account co-op as well.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I'm Trying to think if i would want this or not. I have the game on the PC since launch and i already put in 141 hours into the game. The redeeming factor could be handheld mode and some added gyro, but im not sure.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it is Switch, a big meh. Announce whatever new Borderlands game you're working on for the console (with a day and date release, price and support parity) and you might earn my money.

Älg

Banned
May 13, 2018
What they're not telling you is that that is actually the resolution it will be running at.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
- Only 2, No Pre-Sequel
- Full Priced
- 30fps with drops
- No gyro aiming

If they don't at least bump the texture quality and AF I'll be livid

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! To this day, BL2 is the best looter shooter out there. If this comes to switch and you haven't played it, get it. So much fun.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
- Only 2, No Pre-Sequel
- Full Priced
- 30fps with drops
- No gyro aiming

This list looks wrong.

I expect

- BL2
- 50-60 bucks w/ ALL DLC
- 1080p 60fps docked/720p 30fps handheld

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
1080p? Who is talking about an X patch that's 1080p? The X could run the game at 4k 60fps locked with no issues at all, the pro likely could as well.
Game is already 1080p/60fps, only thing an X patch is bringing to the table is 4k. Which isn't worth hyping when the game runs plenty well as is.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Gearbox set to re-release Borderlands 2 for a third time without any sort of work done to improve upon the trash-levels of exponential level scaling that cause the endgame to be a miserable grind every single level.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Do you mean OP levels?
Everything past level 61, really. The difference between levels 70, 71, and 72 are already extreme as-is. OP levels just made it even more extreme.

Mods have since made the level scaling a lot more tolerable, and Slag a lot less of a requirement to enjoy the endgame combat, but Gearbox didn't do a damn thing to Borderlands 2 VR, so I'm not confident they'll try to do anything new here, either.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Everything past level 61, really. The difference between levels 70, 71, and 72 are already extreme as-is. OP levels just made it even more extreme.

Mods have since made the level scaling a lot more tolerable, and Slag a lot less of a requirement to enjoy the endgame combat, but Gearbox didn't do a damn thing to Borderlands 2 VR, so I'm not confident they'll try to do anything new here, either.
They have said they didn't like OP levels turned out which is why pre-sequel didn't have them and I thought the scaling for non OP levels was fine given how silly your damage was with a lot of the legendary/pearl/seraph stuff. I don't expect them to spend millions to rebalance OP levels either