• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
Can't wait.

BL2 got played to hell and back, this will too. One of my favourite series for just chilling with mates and blasting things.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Yessss finally, Borderlands 3! I enjoyed the trailer, these environments beg to be looted and explored! Not sure who'll I'll play as this time around, my first playthrough have always been siren but that totally-not-loaderbot beastmaster is tempting. >_>

Also man, Maya I wish you had those hair waaay back in BL2, looks super good on her.

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
How could one actually think the gunplay in Borderlands is better than the gunplay in Destiny?
at the and of the day it is all about having fun, i have destiny 2 and the first seasson pass, the game just didnt click for me, I simply did not like the characters, the npcs, the story and the gameplay are oks, but it was not fun, so I left the game shortly after osiris dlc.

on the other hand I have 700 hours of BL2, so how i said, at the end of the day its all about fun and i m sure that i ll have a blast with BL3

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because it's not Call of Duty. Even so you're gonna' shoot at bullet sponges. With RPG systems protecting and aiding the player. But people rather shoot like COD. Because it's all about homogamy. Because fuck real-time dice rolling for them.

Is this in response to people saying the shooting isn't that good? Destiny doesn't feel like CoD and it feels miles better than Borderlands.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Because it's not Call of Duty. Even so you're gonna' shoot at bullet sponges. With RPG systems protecting and aiding the player. But people rather shoot like COD. Because it's all about homogamy. Because fuck real-time dice rolling for them.

And even then, the bullet sponges only really come in in the endgame NG+ modes, where they're supposed to exist like with many games of its kind as it is.

If you're experiencing bullet sponges on the first playthrough, you ain't doing something right.

A very odd thing to complain about, and not really a constructive complaint either given the nature of the game.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Never played a BLtitle before.. do you recommend me to start with the handsome edition??

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Looks fantastic, I'm excited. Also bought the Handsome collection on PS4 since the enhancement comes out next week and its on sale until tomorrow.

Deffinetly a 2019 game right?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a MASSIVE Borderlands fan, but people here saying the gunplay is great are in denial. The guns are great, yes. But the gunplay (the feel of the guns, the precision of the aiming, the responsiveness, etc.) have always been wonky at best. This hasn't hindered my fun by any stretch of the imagination, but it's definitely an area of improvement that I hope to see for BL3.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Really excited. I consumed all of the BL2 DLC with friends as they came out and had so much fun.

The downer discussion from some in the media is unfortunate. I think it looks way better than 2, and they've mentioned features that differentiate it from its predecessors. I don't know what some of these people were expecting. Gearbox wasn't going to almost completely reinvent their game ala God of War or something like that. It always going to be a better-looking BL with some new hunters and abilities - just more.

Plus from the looks of it (leeks) guns/loot are completely reworked as are action abilities and Skill trees. It sounds like gearbox are doing everything right with BL3

Adam802

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
This is the 1st GBX game in a long time that will probably do well just off the name alone, but man, I just dont like/trust GBX as a company at all. Theyve made some real stinkers over the last 5-6 years or so and Randy really rubs me the wrong way. More power to those who will surely enjoy this but im gonna have to pass. Which is a shame to me since I liked BL1 and 2, but the "shlooter"(man I hate that term lol) has really soured on me as a genre over time, and although BL probably does it better than most, I still just dont have an interest for it anymore.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Really liked the trailer,some amazing scenes

This is the 1st GBX game in a long time that will probably do well just off the name alone, but man, I just dont like/trust GBX as a company at all. Theyve made some real stinkers over the last 5-6 years or so and Randy really rubs me the wrong way. More power to those who will surely enjoy this but im gonna have to pass. Which is a shame to me since I liked BL1 and 2, but the "shlooter"(man I hate that term lol) has really soured on me as a genre over time, and although BL probably does it better than most, I still just dont have an interest for it anymore.

possibly because they focused on their main project which was Borderlands franchise and let the other projects more of a side/experimental status. Like FROM did with Sekiro and Deracine.

Also you thank Destiny,Division and Anthem for making a "meh" name for shooter looters

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It took me like 30 seconds until I realized they were not showing footage of BL1 and BL2.

I had a lot of fun with BL1. BL2 felt like a slog tbh, and this seems like the same thing.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
New render tech is doing wonders for textures and more. Everything is fucking crisp while still having that bl style. Also has better self shadowing and guns seem to have dynamic lighting on muzzle flashes. Also huge improvements to hair and cloth physics. Can't wait to see more. Also some tessellation in play?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that we got a jacked female character is already badass, the fact that she's the siren of the group is ACES.

I need this game NOW. Those abs! Wow wee wow!
And she's melee too. I don't know if you ever played a melee Zer0 in 2 but this is the most fun you could have. Clearing entire room while still in your action skill never got old.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It took me like 30 seconds until I realized they were not showing footage of BL1 and BL2.

I had a lot of fun with BL1. BL2 felt like a slog tbh, and this seems like the same thing.
Then you must be blind like the dozens of other posters, and also ignoring all the clearly posted evidence to the contrary, and the tech demo vid posted just prior to your post clearly states it's URE4 and they have some pretty neat tech. The arty direction is similar but this is leaps above BL1, 2, or TPS.

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
I think the trailer would have went over more if there were more humor and wit on display.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Looks great. Hope it won't take too long until they release it but polishing will be a good thing (frame rate and stuff)

WeAreVenumb

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably in the minority here, but compared to the old characters and their new designs, the 4 new playable characters look bland as fuck. Like barely memorable background characters and vendors from previous games whose names you cant seem to remember. It's not even that they look bad or ugly or anything, they're just completely unremarkable.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Graphic wise, I'm disappointed. I was hoping for more effects, physics, destruction, particles. I was hoping the environment would look more alive, more interactive. Seems the same as BL2.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
We will see. Will there be loot boxes? Micro transactions? I won't play if it has either of these. I'm ok with DLC. I'm fine with knowing what content I'm playing for up front.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
We will see. Will there be loot boxes? Micro transactions? I won't play if it has either of these. I'm ok with DLC. I'm fine with knowing what content I'm playing for up front.
Didn't Borderlands basically invent literally "loot boxes"? So the game won't probably be for you.
borderlands_weapon_chest.jpg

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean we all knew tales from the borderlands was going to be Canon but actually seeing characters in here is so fucking awesome

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I want this so
I see that the humor hasn't changed since the first game out all those years ago. I dropped BL2 because it's humor was bad and made the story a chore to play. Guess I'll be skipping this one if the trailer is an indication that the humor hasn't evolved.
Oddly I loved the humor in the first game hated it's over the top dick punch humor in the second. This seems to be leaning closer to the first.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
I mean we all knew tales from the borderlands was going to be Canon but actually seeing characters in here is so fucking awesome
Right? I feel like in the back of our minds we know they could have easily retconned the entire series if they wanted. So gratifying to see the characters in a main line game. Wonder if they'll have the same voice actors/writers from Tales.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Right? I feel like in the back of our minds we know they could have easily retconned the entire series if they wanted. So gratifying to see the characters in a main line game. Wonder if they'll have the same voice actors/writers from Tales.
Man if gearbox managed to snag some of the writers involved in tales and they're working on this, I'll lose it. The writing and humor in tales is like miles miles better than the mainline games.