• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
First thing I noticed on the trailer was how the graphics have barely improved. Granted, the game was always focused more on style than pure polygon count, so I wasn't too bothered... Until halfway through when they started showing the environments and I legit thought that we were going to revisit the old places, because everything seemed the same as the former maps.

Hopefully they can catch my attention in April, cause the trailer left me kind of disappointed.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like we're finally going to see some Maliwan presence. There is a shot of some fancy ass robots in that giant city that have the same style of their guns.

They also have a giant ass 'M' on them, so.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Easiest/Quickest comparison I could make. This assumes the cut scene model is the same as the in-game.

5EeRJvo.jpg
People who say it looks the same as B2 or not a big upgrade are obviously wearing rose tinted B2-sponsored glasses.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i'm curious about the leaks though since they say bandit/scav is the only manufacturer not returning. who the hell is making hyperion weaponry now? vaughn?

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks like it was designed for fans of the series and you really can't ask for more than that.

Miss me with whining over whether it looks like a big enough upgrade over BL2.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Brick and Rhys having moustaches is some kind of elaborate goof. Like they both lost a bet or something.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
After seeing that all the characters are coming back (thus implying a story heavy side game such as Tales will be relevant), and having finally found a group of friends to properly play with BL2 with me, I just might now.
If you're gonna play BL2, I'd recommend playing that first since TftB does take place after the events of that game. Also, BL2 is excellent, some of the most fun I've ever had in multiplayer.

But trust me, you're in for a wild ride with Tales from the Borderlands. It might just be the funniest game ever, all without sacrificing any heart or plot levity.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many sirens are left, 2?

Also rip short haired Maya

Pretty sure the lore is that there's always 6 sirens in the universe. One dies, a new is "born"

I spot at least 4 sirens in the trailer. The villain lady, Lilith, Maya, new player character Siren. And I think the girl with Maya is also a Siren, but that's mostly a guess

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At the same time
When Steele and Angel died new ones were born

Its the best on gameplay and the worst in plot/writing. So id say its fairly rated by being not rated at all

Well I don't know how many years it has been for any newly birthed sirens to be relevant to the story. Unless I'm missing something from the Tales game I never played

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Well I don't know how many years it has been for any newly birthed sirens to be relevant to the story. Unless I'm missing something from the Tales game I never played

We just saw a kid with maya which could be a siren. I'd say chances are high. Would be in line with the timeline for BL1 (if this game is 5 years after BL2 when angel dies and BL2 was roughly this same amount of time after BL1)

Plus we dont truly know if "a new one is born" literally means a new siren baby being born or the powers awakening on someone else

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We just saw a kid with maya which could be a siren. I'd say chances are high. Would be in line with the timeline for BL1 (if this game is 5 years after BL2 when angel dies and BL2 was roughly this same amount of time after BL1)

Plus we dont truly know if "a new one is born" literally means a new siren baby being born or the powers awakening on someone else

All true points.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
oof just had the chance to watch it and yeah it does not look like a generational leap over borderlands 2 at all

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here's another quick and dirty comparison that I did. Wish the time of day was synced, but oh well. Lighting and effects are definitely a generational leap.
I know there's YouTube compression, but if not for the HUD in the first pic, I would have assumed the first pic was from Borderlands 3, and the second was from Borderlands 2...

Is it possible to take that first pic again without the hud? Should be a basic console command "togglehud". Or is that not your pic?

Yea just watch the reveal.
lmao

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
i feel like it's under rated. I really enjoyed the pre-sequel and it's DLC content.

I agree with this, but then again I didn't burn myself out on Borderlands before it came out. I was new to the series and just finished Borderlands 2 and wanted more Borderlands, so I played Pre-Sequel and loved it.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Too much to ask for cross-platform co-op still? Im fine playing with my wife in split screen, but id love to play on our separate tvs with xb1 and ps4

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
i see ppl complaining about the visual or the art style etc etc

if top graphics, visuals and art style was so damn important, Anthem should be one of the most played games this year and not this failure that all we witnessed.

I'm happy with the graphics and art style of borderlands, thats what make this game unique, bring a good gameplay, a good story and lots of loot and i ll be happy.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i see ppl complaining about the visual or the art style etc etc

if top graphics, visuals and art style was so damn important, Anthem should be one of the most played games this year and not this failure that all we witnessed.

I'm happy with the graphics and art style of borderlands, thats what make this game unique, bring a good gameplay, a good story and lots of loot and i ll be happy.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...h-above-average-digital-download-rate.106895/

Also, Borderlands has never been the best example of a good first-person shooter. At the time of its release, it just happened to be the only looter shooter. Now it's not, and they need to show that they've done something to improve gunplay, driving, questing, loot, endgame, etc... Otherwise it's just incredibly outdated compared to its competition.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
BL2 is 75% off on Steam right now(like 5.50$ canadian), if some people don't have it there already or want to convince some friend to join them now that there is some BL3 hype.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...h-above-average-digital-download-rate.106895/

Also, Borderlands has never been the best example of a good first-person shooter. At the time of its release, it just happened to be the only looter shooter. Now it's not, and they need to show that they've done something to improve gunplay, driving, questing, loot, endgame, etc... Otherwise it's just incredibly outdated compared to its competition.

Funny, cause i dont think the first game got surpassed yet. Destiny, Division and other "looter shooters" were shinier but nowhere as satisfying and rewarding to play. I couldnt be happier if this was literally just Borderlands 1.5 - four different vault hunters and new maps

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Funny, cause i dont think the first game got surpassed yet. Destiny, Division and other "looter shooters" were shinier but nowhere as satisfying and rewarding to play. I couldnt be happier if this was literally just Borderlands 1.5 - four different vault hunters and new maps
I'm absolutely amazed by people who actually think the shooting in Borderlands is okay.

But clearly there's an audience for this stuff, so whatever I guess.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

Yep. Lots of games tried but to this day and age, no one surpassed Borderlands.
Borderlands gameplay has some type of satisfaction to it that I've never seen in another FPS.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Looks dated and just as janky as ever, but I'm excited to see what they've got. If they can find a new tone for the writing that isn't the worst thing ever this could be really fun.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
I'm absolutely amazed by people who actually think the shooting in Borderlands is okay.

But clearly there's an audience for this stuff, so whatever I guess.

I know, i'm also amazed people think Division 2 is a good game. Played it and literally uninstalled out of boredom. Nothing feels fun. This is the magic about opinions

Borderlands is not the best shooter out there but being a "looter shooter" entices more than just the shooting. The loot part of borderlands is still unmatched.

Jan 4, 2018
I know there's YouTube compression, but if not for the HUD in the first pic, I would have assumed the first pic was from Borderlands 3, and the second was from Borderlands 2...

Is it possible to take that first pic again without the hud? Should be a basic console command "togglehud". Or is that not your pic?

lmao

Settings didn't have toggle hud option and I didn't think about console commands. I can't take another pic at the moment, but personally I think it looks a lot better than Borderlands 2. Weapon models are slick when considering their highly modular nature, and fx are nicer with more detailed environments and higher detail character models.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
A lot of people here are confusing artstyle and graphics.

The artstyle looks similar. Yes. So initially it looks "the same"

Graphically, it's on another level.