• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Me: oh lol Gearbox's stream is weird and having trailer trouble, I won't watch it since I'm not that into Borderlands

Also Me: *watches Borderlands trailer 5 times in the 10 minutes it's been on Youtube*

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
As much as I'm excited for this, I can't help but wonder about the graphics...looks like they didn't make use of pbr AT ALL? Every material looks the same, skin looks like rocks which look like metal and so on. Weird.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Can't watch the trailer yet, but the screenshots look nice. Really makes me want to get back to finishing TftB.

Oct 25, 2017
That was such a weird trailer. Why the complete lack of dialog? Where's Axton, Gaige, Athena, Sal and Krieg?

I'm assuming Lilith is gonna die based on that. The graphics look ok but it doesn't look like a generational leap from 2 unless the zones are much bigger. Which means we're also not even gonna get stable 30fps on consoles.

The character designs are also hit or miss as always. Loader bot and rhys look great, the villains not so much.

I doubt death.

More like steal her powers

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Vaughn was on the statue in the teaser, and that character with the coat appears to be Loaderbot
I want to believe the coat one is Loaderbot, the thing is though that Loaderbot has a red eye. Will have to see though, if it is Loaderbot, I have found my main character!
93937789DCEF1D10850F5346E9E8FB660A759494

And yeah, I completely missed that. :o
efeda2ff-f693-42d8-8892-8d8dc25b6e36.png

Now that I look, that is definetly Vaughns weirdly well toned abs.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this looks bad (visually) by any means, but it seems like it could scale really well to the Switch at least.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You know it kind of bums me out how many people are willing to give Randy a pass on all the gross ass shit he's been a part of because he has a flashy new game trailer to show you. But whatever.
I'm with you, but a while dev team worked on this. It isn't their fault a creep like Randy is in charge.

But I get it, it does feel glossed over.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
With more worlds, I hope there is less back tracking. Goddamn do these games get tedious with that shit

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Announcing the game only to say "full info next week!" feels... odd.

Like, I get that they probably have a GI cover or something like that. But it sort of knocks the wind out of the sales to build up all this buzz for a live announcement event - then announce exactly what everyone knew you were going to announce - and walk away without any huge extra tidbits.

I suppose the character reveals in the trailer do enough for fans to get them talking - but I think at least a date would've made this announcement feel more significant. Or announce it's playable at the show.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I think yall are asking for too much from the series. It looks much the same, sure, but brought back the flava which is exactly what Borderlands is all about.

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I doesn't blow me away graphically.

I wonder if it is because of the art style...

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I think the graphics are fine. I don't mind it because it can get away with it due to its style, but I do think it can do a lot better with its materials than what we are seeing here, while still maintaining the cel shaded look. Hopefully it improves over time.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem much different from BL2 graphically, but still great. That new city environment looked cool.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing the Tales Of cast show up is really neat. Was hoping they would ditch the whole 4 character classes thing. Don't think I can do another one.

Wumbo64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just did a run through of Borderlands 2 on PC last night with some modifications, tweaks, and reshade. This looks several magnitudes better, immediately. I can see why some of the character designs don't excite, but that's about it.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
As much as I'm excited for this, I can't help but wonder about the graphics...looks like they didn't make use of pbr AT ALL? Every material looks the same, skin looks like rocks which look like metal and so on. Weird.
Did you not watch their GDC tech demo from 2017? All the materials are physically-based and they made it a big part of the keynote.

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
I will pay infinite amounts of money to play as the BL2 characters. Zer0 and Maya look so SLICK.

If not, will probably play as the old dude followed by the titanfall-copy lady depending on their abilities.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Announcing the game only to say "full info next week!" feels... odd.

Like, I get that they probably have a GI cover or something like that. But it sort of knocks the wind out of the sales to build up all this buzz for a live announcement event - then announce exactly what everyone knew you were going to announce - and walk away without any huge extra tidbits.

I suppose the character reveals in the trailer do enough for fans to get them talking - but I think at least a date would've made this announcement feel more significant. Or announce it's playable at the show.
Yeah all we know is there are 4 new classes and new vehicle types. Which was always happening.

Have they changed ffyl at all? Are action skills different? Is the loot system more like 1 or 2? New weapon types?

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tales from the Borderlands is the only game in the series that I really like so it was nice seeing Rhys in the trailer!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If you are playing solo does that mean the mech user can drive the mech? That would be reall sucky if they can't