• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
IDF would and do shoot and bomb children regardless of whether they are used as shields anyway so it's not really a compelling argument in the first place.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Sucks to read about this and nothing is realistically ever going to change. Can anyone explain what land is being occupied?
The Palestinian people own land, and that land is basically being taken away by Israelis ?? If so, why is that just allowed?

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): trolling in a sensitive thread
Ah it's one of those threads (bookmarked for the collection). Israel the child murderer state *wink wink*. Glad to see moderation is already on board. /s

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Ah it's one of those threads (bookmarked for the collection). Israel the child murderer state *wink wink*. Glad to see moderation is already on board. /s
Lol. What do you call states that are actively ethnic cleansing their populations? We lambast Turkey for doing pretty much the same to Armenians, but Israel gets a pass? And don't blame moderators. God you sound like Trump and his cries of fake news.

MarioLuigi

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Sucks to read about this and nothing is realistically ever going to change. Can anyone explain what land is being occupied?
The Palestinian people own land, and that land is basically being taken away by Israelis ?? If so, why is that just allowed?

Because the Israelis/AIPAC have the world's only super power in their pocket.

Oct 27, 2017

Even if there is contention about borders, there's the fact that Palestinian fields and properties are being demolished to build Israeli settlements. And in case you missed the thread, the US is considering this legal.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh were playing that game again. This might come as a shock to you, but calling out your country for murdering children, again, as it's a regular practice at this point, is not anti semitism.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is an IDF reserve classified as a "civilian"? A civilian is "a person not in the armed services or the police force." An IDF reserve like you would not fit that definition of civilian.....

Besides, there's only one side that actually has the capacity to cause wide spread civilian death, and constantly does....
Nice to hear you're cool with me dying as I sit at home eating dinner cuz I was drafted a decade ago.

Wasn't your original argument that this is somehow legal under international law?

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
These threads are always the same, very much like the conflict itself. Many posts criticizing Israel for their occupation, almost zero critic against Hamas using children as human shields. This whole conflict is a geopolitical struggle yet people treat it like some moral dilemma of ethically justifiable murdering. The leaders on both sides don't want peace, because conflict holds them in power, that's why this meat grind won't stop, ever. We will have people on Mars and this shit will continue with no end in sight unless both sides are obliterated enough, just like the European countries were after WW2, and there is no other choice left than breaking up the endless spiral of violence.
I agree great post. Im Muslim myself and ive been to pro-Palestine demonstrations myself to show some solidarity, but on god a lot of these pro-Palestinians are as delusional about the conflict like the Israelis. It's sickening. As you pointed as well, leadership on both sides dont want peace that's is very true. But personally, now I don't even bother with this issue as much as I did. Not even from that region so no putting any time and effort on a never ending cycle.

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
All things being equal, sure. But the fact is Israel and the IDF are the occupying oppressing force so I'm placing the responsibility squarely on them. They hold all the cards, they have the power to stop the conflict if they choose to.
Israelis can stop the occupation right now and it wouldn't solve anything if Hamas is still in power and has influence in the region.

photonblack

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Do not invoke Nazi comparisons in this topic.
Some Israelis are so blind that they are turning into their oppressors. They have become literal Nazis.

Oct 27, 2017
Israelis can stop the occupation right now and it wouldn't solve anything if Hamas is still in power and has influence in the region.

Most Palestinians don't want violence, I'm sure. I see Hamas as a reaction to the occupation, so if it's over then nobody would need/want Hamas in power anymore. And if they keep at it then retaliation is justified.

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Most Palestinians don't want violence, I'm sure. I see Hamas as a reaction to the occupation, so if it's over then nobody would need/want Hamas in power anymore. And if they keep at it then retaliation is justified.
I think any reasonable person on both sides don't want conflict. Whether they live in that area or abroad. Hamas does react to Israeli aggression but sometimes they indiscriminately fire missiles and then hide in hospitals, schools, etc deliberately putting innocent people in harms way. Like I said, let Israel stop the aggression and violence today and problems will still persist.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
I think any reasonable person on both sides don't want conflict. Whether they live in that area or abroad. Hamas does react to Israeli aggression but sometimes they indiscriminately fire missiles and then hide in hospitals, schools, etc deliberately putting innocent people in harms way. Like I said, let Israel stop the aggression and violence today and problems will still persist.
Hamas is a by product of Isreali oppression and occupation.

Isreal often is the cause of outbreaks of violence (ie: assassinations, bombings, and most of all the blockade of Gaza that is a slow death sentence to the Gazan population)

The ball is on Isreal's court.
Also, Isreal is making sure there are no incentives for a peaceful option, it is oppressing and stealing land on the West Bank where where isn't violent resistance, to Palestinians it just proves the non violence option isn't viable which it self brings armed resistance.

Isreal has the military might and control to make the difference, it chooses not to.

Last edited:

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Hamas is a by product of Isreali oppression and occupation.

Isreal often is the cause of outbreaks of violence (ie: assassinations, bombings, and most of all the blockade of Gaza that is a slow death sentence to the Gazan population)

The ball is on Isreal's court.
Also, Isreal is making sure there are no incentives for a peaceful option, it is oppressing and stealing land on the West Bank where where isn't violent resistance, it Palestinians just proves the non violence option isn't viable which it self brings armed resistance.

Isreal has the military might and control to make the difference, it chooses not to.
And like I said to the other poster, you're telling things I already know.

Oct 27, 2017

But who's actually pulling the trigger on those innocent people, then? And anyway, this isn't just about the military force. It's about land theft and ethnic cleansing. It's still violence even without the force. If the IDF stopped their shootings and air strikes and nothing else changes, Gazans would still be living in almost-uninhabitable land. Israel wants "peace" in a way that allows them their settlements and their control over the area, and you can't really call that peace. If they keep it up, and if they're not amenable to any othet solution, then rocket attacks from Hamas is what they'll get because it's the only option left.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the threads where factual information about the state of Israel murdering children is provided? Yes, it certainly is one of those threads. What's the problem with that exactly?

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what isn't a good solution to the problem of Hamas hiding in hospitals or schools? Blowing up said hospital or school

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
And like I said to the other poster, you're telling things I already know.
You said " let Israel stop the aggression and violence today and problems will still persist."
And I say otherwise, Isreal often antagonizes Hamas (or Jihad) into conflicts, it was an assassination on their part that led to the conflict that got these people getting killed.

If Isreal stops antagonizing, stops oppressing, stops the blockade on Gaza, stops stealing land, treats Palestinians according to human rights, those are all massive steps for peace that Isreal could do along with not bombing one of the most populated areas on the planet.

Isreal doesn't though, as I said ball is in their court, they are the side with the overwhelming amount of control, there are many positive steps they can take but won't.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
anyone who tries to both-sides this shit is doing an enormous favor to Israel. Israel has all the power and bears the overwhelming majority of responsibility for the perpetuation of the status quo, period.