• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Concern about the safety of Israelis in a thread about 21 Palestinian deaths caused by Israelis? That'll do it.
Yeah. Dude also said 'A lot of Israeli's are well off and could just move elsewhere'. The fuck? There was so much offensive shit in that post and in this thread. Dismiss the death of Palestinian children, and repeat a dangerous, completely incorrect trope.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I love apartheid ethno states and their various stans.

Reminds me of the "well daca recipients are not angels" shit

If you want to cry about israeli govt being maligned maybe they should not have such inhuman policy that in part creates the actual conflicts they face.

Similar with us foreign policy

I mean some ppl are mad about not giving israel benefit of a doubt with how media is reported when the track record is hilariously biased in favor of their narrative over the people suffering

Last edited:

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Talking the Israeli/Palestinian conflict in ERA is like trying to punch through a safe. I don't know why I even try.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Israeli Jews are human beings, Palestinians are an uncivilized, undifferentiated mass of seething, irrational Jew-hatred. that's always the subtext of these "bad neighborhood" Israel apologia

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
User Banned (1 Month): Whataboutism, dismissing concerns of civilian casualties, inflammatory community generalizations, and history of similar behaviour
Israeli Jews are human beings, Palestinians are an uncivilized, undifferentiated mass of seething, irrational Jew-hatred. that's always the subtext of these "bad neighborhood" Israel apologia
Exactly my point, that's ERA folks.

What you mean is that Israelis are evil creatures that don't resemble any other human-being in the world. All they do is crave blood, Palestinian blood, children if possible, to feed their Zionist machine that runs on blood. Then they laugh and celebrate some Jewish holiday or something. Right?

This week's events and the way this thread has been covering them is a microcosmos for the whole thing.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly my point, that's ERA folks.

What you mean is that Israelis are evil creatures that don't resemble any other human-being in the world. All they do is crave blood, Palestinian blood, children if possible, to feed their Zionist machine that runs on blood. Then they laugh and celebrate some Jewish holiday or something. Right?

This week's events and the way this thread has been covering them is a microcosmos for the whole thing.
Stop playing the victim and creating strawmen. You might have a point if the death and economic toll wasn't so heavily skewed to one side.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Stop playing the victim and creating strawmen. You might have a point if the death and economic toll wasn't so heavily skewed to one side.
LOL, I'm the one creating strawmen, sure. Just take a look:

Just look at the timeline:
- Islamic Jihad fires rockets into Israel a month ago.
- Israel greenlit an attack on one of the Islamic Jihad leaders.
- Israel waits a month in order to kill him without collateral damage.
- Israel strikes, his wife is also in the car.
- Islamic Jihad fires 400+ rockets into Israel, the IDF attacks Islamic Jihad targets.
- 25 Islamic Jihad militants die during the fighting.
- 9 civilians die, 8 were family members Islamic Jihad militants who've died with them while they were attacked by drones.
- A ceasefire is announced.
- Islamic Jihad fires rockets again into Israel after the ceasefire was signed and announced.
- Israel doesn't respond.
I'm the only one actually talking facts relevant to this thread. You keep reciting "21 dead, Isreal is a monster" even AFTER you are told that almost all of them were Islamic Jihad militants and the civilians were militants family members that got accidentally killed while the militants were attacked. But still you see users post as if Israel just marched in and murdered 34 children in their sleep for the heck of it. That's 95% of the posts here, ignoring the facts. Posting graphs about how many Palestinian died vs Israelies died, that's a strawman.

If you want to comment regarding what I've just quoted, if I made a mistake or I was misinformed or you want to actually talk about it, be my guest. If you want to make another "fuck Israel" post or call me names, please spare me.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017

I'm the only one actually talking facts relevant to this thread. You keep reciting "21 dead, Isreal is a monster" even AFTER you are told that almost all of them were Islamic Jihad militants and the civilians were militants family members that got accidentally killed while the militants were attacked. But still you see users post as if Israel just marched in and murdered 34 children in their sleep for the heck of it. That's 95% of the posts here, ignoring the facts. Posting graphs about how many Palestinian died vs Israelies died, that's a strawman.

If you want to comment regarding what I've just quoted, if I made a mistake or I was misinformed or you want to actually talk about it, be my guest. If you want to make another "fuck Israel" post or call me names, please spare me.

Your timeline also ignores 50+ years of occupation, air/sea blockade, constant bombardment, and sanctions by way of Israel as the first bullet point.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Posting graphs about how many Palestinian died vs Israelies died, that's a strawman.
You told the poster who said in the conflict damage is heavily skewed to one side that he was spreading misinformation.

Proving you wrong isnt a strawman and actual numbers weigh much more heavily than your cobbled together "timeline" that ignores what you like to ignore.

You're arguing in bad faith. The moment people bring up things you cant refute you jump to "cant discuss Israel on ERA" and "ERA thinks Israelis are monsters" instead of actually commenting on the contents of peoples arguments.

shotopunx

Nov 21, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I am terrified of posting in this thread, because I took a questionable ban the last time I participated in one of these discussions.

So first, let me say, any criticism of Israel I am about to put forward is EXPLICITLY ABOUT THE STATE OF ISRAEL AND NOT THE CIVILIAN POPULATION.

I am genuinely saddened that people still think the behaviour of the Israeli state can be justified in any way.

I ask what would you do if you and your family lived under an endless blockade, denied BASIC human rights?

Policed by indoctrinated storm troopers who repeatedly murder innocent people with no consequences?

Whose system controls you while you get no voice in that system?

When the world repeatedly reaffirms that their constant encroachment into your land is illegal, but equally REFUSE to do anything about it?

And let's not forget that the horrific state of Israel extends it's disgusting bigotry beyond Palestinians.

A home for all Jews.......as long as you're white.

I will never support Israel. I will never buy their goods. Not until they show even a morsel of genuine will to remedy their actions.

Always side with the oppressed against the oppressor.

FREE PALESTINE

Oct 25, 2017
I am terrified of posting in this thread, because I took a questionable ban the last time I participated in one of these discussions.

So first, let me say, any criticism of Israel I am about to put forward is EXPLICITLY ABOUT THE STATE OF ISRAEL AND NOT THE CIVILIAN POPULATION.

I am genuinely saddened that people still think the behaviour of the Israeli state can be justified in any way.

I ask what would you do if you and your family lived under an endless blockade, denied BASIC human rights?

Policed by indoctrinated storm troopers who repeatedly murder innocent people with no consequences?

When the world repeatedly reaffirms that their constant encroachment into your land is illegal, but equally REFUSE to do anything about it?

And let's not forget that the horrific state of Israel extends it's disgusting bigotry beyond Palestinians.

I will never support Israel. I will never buy their goods. Not until they show even a morsel of genuine will to remedy their actions.

FREE PALESTINE

All facts. Those who support Israel are complicit.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018

FREE PALESTINE

If you take a ban for a post like this then at least you know that your going out with my respect.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Oh so the little kids who got vaporized had terrorist parents so it's actually not that bad. Jfc.

Also not surprised by Mayor Pete's response. He volunteered to go halfway around the world to kick down doors.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's hilarious how you think dead civilians are okay. Disgusting post.

Also it's funny how it's fair game for you to kill those you deem terrorists but it's not okay for the other side to kill those they deem to be terrorists. I still remember the last war against Lebanon because a SOLDIER (i.e. a legitimate target in a war) was captured and the Israelis thought that was a good enough reason to inflict thousands of civilian casualties on the Lebanese.

shotopunx

Nov 21, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
It's hilarious how you think dead civilians are okay. Disgusting post.

Also it's funny how it's fair game for you to kill those you deem terrorists but it's not okay for the other side to kill those they deem to be terrorists. I still remember the last war against Lebanon because a SOLDIER (i.e. a legitimate target in a war) was captured and the Israelis thought that was a good enough reason to inflict thousands of civilian casualties on the Lebanese.

Agreed, perhaps Dr. Keo could answer why Islamic militants are worse than Zionist militants. The IDF are as much a terrorist organisation as Hamas.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Hey look at that, Israel fake news about the murders they committed:

As Palestinian social media was reporting about the murder of an entire Palestinian family in Gaza by an Israeli strike yesterday, the Israeli military's Arabic language propagandist took to twitter to lie that the strike targeted & killed a militant.

The Israeli military admitted on Thursday that it made a mistake in targeting a Gaza building Wednesday night which housed a family of eight, all of whom died in the strike.

The Israeli army said it assessed that the building in the Deir al-Balah neighborhood was empty, not realizing it was populated by a family. The Israel Defense Forces are investigating the strike, which took place a few hours before a cease-fire came into effect, and its consequences.

"We are aware of the claim that non-combatants were injured in the central Gaza Strip, and we are investigating it," the IDF said in a statement, adding that that "we undertake great intelligence and operational efforts not to harm non-combatants over the course of thwarting terror activities."

The Palestinian Health Ministry identified the dead as Rasmi Abu Malhous of the Asouarka tribe, 45; his son Mohand, 12; Miriam Asoarka, 45; Moad Mohamed Asoarka, 7; Sim Mohamed Asoarka, 13; Yoseri Asoarka, 39; and two toddlers whose bodies were dug up from the debris on Thursday morning and whose names have not been released.

Following the strike, the Israeli military's Arabic-language spokesperson announced that the target had been Rasmi Abu Malhous, the Islamic Jihad commander of a rocket squadron in the center of the Strip. He published a picture of Abu Malhous, but residents of Deir al-Balah say the man in the picture isn't the one who was killed on Wednesday night.

So people in the back can hear me:
FUCK IDF and fuck their apologists

Oct 25, 2017
That's their usual.
Also the defenders are twisted af, trying to put the victims on the same level as the oppressor.
I wish the worst on these people.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
EI: No justifying Israel's bloodshed in Gaza

A truce was declared by Israel and Islamic Jihad early Thursday, bringing an end to 48 hours of violence across the Gaza-Israel boundary that teetered on the brink of a full-blown war.

Gaza's health ministry stated that Israeli forces killed 34 Palestinians during the fighting, nearly half of them civilians, including eight children and three women. No Israeli fatalities were reported.

Three members of the Ayyad family, among them a 7-year-old child, were killed as they were on a motorcycle in front of their Gaza City home on Wednesday, 13 November.

They were targeted as they were rushing to a hospital after a relative had been injured in a separate attack.

Israeli forces killed two boys in a strike on a carpentry shop in Gaza City that same day. Their father, who owned the shop, and two other men affiliated with Islamic Jihad's military wing were also killed.

The deadliest single incident in the 48 hours of bombardment occurred soon before the truce took effect on Thursday. Eight persons from the al-Sawarka family – five of them children – were killed and 13 injured when Israel fired four missiles at a pair of tin-roofed shacks in central Gaza.

Israel initially claimed that one of those killed was a commander of an Islamic Jihad rocket unit who was "hiding ammunition and military infrastructure" in his home.

An Israeli military spokesperson "had no information about the airstrike," the Associated Press reported, "but he said Islamic Jihad commanders store weapons in their homes, making them legitimate targets."

Reports later emerged indicating that the Israeli military had mistakenly targeted the home of a different man with the same name as the Islamic Jihad commander.

Even if it wasn't a case of mistaken identity, and weapons were present at the al-Sawarka homes, the laws of armed conflict would forbid Israel from striking them while civilians were present.

Israel triggered this latest voluntary confrontation in Gaza by firing a missile into the home of an Islamic Jihad military commander early Tuesday, killing him and his wife.

Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel's prime minister, claimed that the targeted man, Baha Abu al-Ata, was a "ticking time bomb," using the same phrase that Israel has used to justify its torture of Palestinian detainees.

While Israel supposedly outlawed torture 20 years ago, its high court ruled that the country's domestic intelligence agency can use torture in supposedly "ticking time bomb" circumstances to investigate Palestinian prisoners.

"Since then, Shin Bet interrogators have tortured hundreds of Palestinians, citing the 'ticking bomb' plea, and not one of them has been prosecuted," according to Amnesty International.

Similarly, Israel has no death penalty on the books. But extrajudicial executions have been a cornerstone of Israel's efforts to repress all Palestinian resistance in the territories it occupies and beyond.

The "ticking time bomb" loophole has no basis in international law, whether concerning the use of torture and ill-treatment of detainees or extrajudicial executions.
---
Netanyahu's "ticking time bomb" justification for executing Abu al-Ata was deflated by reports in the Israeli press that his assassination was approved two years ago.

"That he was killed now, defense officials said, wasn't because he had suddenly become more dangerous; it was mainly a question of opportunity," the Israeli daily Haaretz reported.

Another Israeli narrative took hold: that Abu al-Ata is the primary party responsible for instability along the Gaza-Israel boundary.

Not Israel's siege, now in its 12th year, plunging Gaza into poverty, despair and hopelessness. And not the thousands of bullets Israeli army snipers have fired at the bodies of unarmed Palestinians protesting these conditions and asserting their right to return to their homeland.

Israeli forces have killed more than 200 men, women and children during Gaza's Great March of Return protests since their launch in early 2018.

Israel even resorted to invoking the 11 September 2001 attacks in the US to justify its execution of Abu al-Ata.

It's all a ploy to obscure reality: Abu al-Ata and Palestinian fighters in Gaza like him are resisting a cruel and illegal siege, a half-century of military occupation, and more than 70 years of forced displacement and dispossession.

There will be no enduring security without justice for these wrongs endured for so long by Palestinians in Gaza, where every two in three persons is a refugee.

As this writer stated after the previous military escalation six months ago: without any meaningful change to the status quo in Gaza, a resumption of the deadly fighting is only a matter of time.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
US tax dollars at work, folks.

Joe Biden also had something to say. Please don't let this man anywhere near the White House.

MarioLuigi

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
It's also worth mentioning that the person assassinated had conducted rocket attacks on Israel a month ago, Israel didn't react and his assassination was greenlit over two weeks ago. IDF had waited for an opportunity to do it with zero civilian casualties (which actually failed because of false intel, his wife was in the car too) so it had happened a full months after the Islamist Jihad attack.

What is a largely ineffective terrorist attack? If someone tries to do a school shooting and his gun jams, should he not be trialed and jailed just because his means failed? Did you ever had to run to a bomb shelter 20 times a day? Are you blaming the Israeli citizens who spend money on shelters (because every house built in Israel for the past 25 years has to have a bomb shelter by law)? Are they not dying enough for you? Should the Israeli government issue an apology for building a high-tech rocket defense system that has to shoot down 400+ rockets shot randomly on civilians in a 48 hours period?

Just look at the timeline:
- Islamic Jihad fires rockets into Israel a month ago.
- Israel greenlit an attack on one of the Islamic Jihad leaders.
- Israel waits a month in order to kill him without collateral damage.
- Israel strikes, his wife is also in the car.
- Islamic Jihad fires 400+ rockets into Israel, the IDF attacks Islamic Jihad targets.
- 25 Islamic Jihad militants die during the fighting.
- 9 civilians die, 8 were family members Islamic Jihad militants who've died with them while they were attacked by drones.
- A ceasefire is announced.
- Islamic Jihad fires rockets again into Israel after the ceasefire was signed and announced.
- Israel doesn't respond.

Take what you will from that timeline, Gaza is in a shit situation but that's mostly Hamas's "wonderful" handy work.

I'm not a victim, I only had to run once into a bomb shelter because I live in Tel Aviv, but you guys are bringing misinformation in order to spread hate.

Gaza is a literal prison, where half the population is children, and that 90% of the water is unfit for human consumption. Even the amount of pasta that can enter Gaza is controlled by Israel.

In this context, what any sane person would want to do is escape it's walls, for their sake and their family's sake! But here is the problem, Israel controls the sea, the land and the air border around gaza. Anyone who tries to escape is deemed a "terrorist" by the Israelis and killed (again, a large proportion of those killed are children).

And then we act shocked that they launch "rockets" (more like fireworks). Remember when Israel was trying to convince the world that "kites" were this worlds equivalent of "Metal Gear".

It truly is a reprehensible country, a reprehensible government, that looks to have the support of a majority of it's people.

Yes, the Israelis truly are the vitcims here/s.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And then we act shocked that they launch "rockets" (more like fireworks). Remember when Israel was trying to convince the world that "kites" were this worlds equivalent of "Metal Gear".
There would be significant more damage done by rockets if Israel didn't intercept the overwhelming majority of them. I do not think it's fair to claim that that makes it okay for an organization to fire rockets on a civilian population.

I think it's somewhat interesting to note that this round of fighting was rather different as it was done exclusively against Islamic Jihad while Hamas did nothing except try to calm them down. This further deepens the unspoken relationship that Israel and Hamas has. Whether you think that's good or bad is on you.

Mar 16, 2019
There would be significant more damage done by rockets if Israel didn't intercept the overwhelming majority of them. I do not think it's fair to claim that that makes it okay for an organization to fire rockets on a civilian population.

I think it's somewhat interesting to note that this round of fighting was rather different as it was done exclusively against Islamic Jihad while Hamas did nothing except try to calm them down. This further deepens the unspoken relationship that Israel and Hamas has. Whether you think that's good or bad is on you.
Was the family of eight all part of Islamic Jihad?

MarioLuigi

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
User Banned (permanent): Supporting violence against civilians, account in junior phase

The palestinians have every right UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW, to fight for the self-detemination against an occupying force, INCLUDING VIOLENCE.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Against "civilians" who serve in the IDF and constantly vote for your ethnic genocide? Sure.
What? Rockets don't ask who you voted for or whether you served in the IDF, or whether you're a tourist. That's what indiscriminatory means.

I served in the IDF (you can find my posts about if you wanna dig through my history). It's nice to know you'll be A-OK with me or my family being hit by a rocket.

I know you'll take this as justifying the Israeli response or something, but it's not. Just because you don't like what one side is doing doesn't make the other side immune to criticism.

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
People don't get that you have to hold both Hamas and Israel responsible. This will be a never ending conflict.

MarioLuigi

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
What? Rockets don't ask who you voted for or whether you served in the IDF, or whether you're a tourist. That's what indiscriminatory means.

I served in the IDF (you can find my posts about if you wanna dig through my history). It's nice to know you'll be A-OK with me or my family being hit by a rocket.

I know you'll take this as justifying the Israeli response or something, but it's not. Just because you don't like what one side is doing doesn't make the other side immune to criticism.

How is an IDF reserve classified as a "civilian"? A civilian is "a person not in the armed services or the police force." An IDF reserve like you would not fit that definition of civilian.....

Besides, there's only one side that actually has the capacity to cause wide spread civilian death, and constantly does....

Oct 27, 2017
People don't get that you have to hold both Hamas and Israel responsible. This will be a never ending conflict.

All things being equal, sure. But the fact is Israel and the IDF are the occupying oppressing force so I'm placing the responsibility squarely on them. They hold all the cards, they have the power to stop the conflict if they choose to.

pretzel

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 9, 2019
Germany

These threads are always the same, very much like the conflict itself. Many posts criticizing Israel for their occupation, almost zero critic against Hamas using children as human shields. This whole conflict is a geopolitical struggle yet people treat it like some moral dilemma of ethically justifiable murdering. The leaders on both sides don't want peace, because conflict holds them in power, that's why this meat grind won't stop, ever. We will have people on Mars and this shit will continue with no end in sight unless both sides are obliterated enough, just like the European countries were after WW2, and there is no other choice left than breaking up the endless spiral of violence.

MarioLuigi

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
These threads are always the same, very much like the conflict itself. Many posts criticizing Israel for their occupation, almost zero critic against Hamas using children as human shields. This whole conflict is a geopolitical struggle yet people treat it like some moral dilemma of ethically justifiable murdering. The leaders on both sides don't want peace, because conflict holds them in power, that's why this meat grind won't stop, ever. We will have people on Mars and this shit will continue with no end in sight unless both sides are obliterated enough, just like the European countries were after WW2, and there is no other choice left than breaking up the endless spiral of violence.

Hamas using "children as human shields" has been proven to be IDF propaganda. But you know who does use Palestinian children as human shields? .....

So get the fuck outta here with that dehumanising bullshit.

"Hey guys, those palestinians don't even have the basic human instinct of trying to protect their children! They use them as human shields! They're just animals!"

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Hamas using "children as human shields" has been proven to be IDF propaganda. But you know who does use Palestinian children as human shields? .....

"Hey guys, those palestinians don't even have the basic human instinct of trying to protect their children! They use them as human shields! They're just animals!"
Holy fuck, those articles.

Thank you for bringing those to my attention.

Fuck Isreal.

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately you're looking at a struggle of people who want their land back. When a rocket or two is met with an even greater force leading to 100s of dead Palestinians, how the hell can you even equate them?It is not the same, the power scale is not the same.
No matter how much you want to believe it. Hamas's actions shouldn't be condoned, sure. But they're absolutely not equally responsible to Israel and IDF.
To suggest that Hamas and the IDF are on equal footing is some bullshit, some of you have to know this?

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Ultimately you're looking at a struggle of people who want their land back. When a rocket or two is met with an even greater force leading to 100s of dead Palestinians, how the hell can you even equate them?It is not the same, the power scale is not the same.
No matter how much you want to believe it. Hamas's actions shouldn't be condoned, sure. But they're absolutely not equally responsible to Israel and IDF.
To suggest that Hamas and the IDF are on equal footing is some bullshit, some of you have to know this?
Isreal has control over all Palestinian land, it builds the walls and borders Palestinians drive through, it steals that land and gives it to Isreali settlers, Isreali forces exert control on occupied lands.

In Gaza it's even worse, millions of people are blockaded in a piece land that is the worlds largest open air prison, not that the people are convicted criminals, no that name is attributed due to the dire conditions these people face.
Reminder: Gaza is set to be uninhabitable by 2020.
When they protested, they were shot.

Isreal is an occupier that is armed to the teeth with the backing and immunity from a world power, it daily oppresses Palestinians and regularly inflicts atrocities to them.

To anyone who acts like the two sides are even somewhat comparable, please stop posting and never come back, I am done with your shit.

pretzel

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 9, 2019
Germany

Your rhetoric is misleading, contra productive and very dangerous. Those are the typical lines, I would rather call them slurs though, that do the most harm because they radicalize people. On this very side, post #56, someone already tried the same thing as you but on the opposite direction. Look what happened.

Regarding the "human shields" claim here is more balanced article.

Long story short...it's complicated and hate mongering won't bring anyone a step nearer to justice or even peace.

MarioLuigi

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Your rhetoric is misleading, contra productive and very dangerous. Those are the typical lines, I would rather call them slurs though, that do the most harm because they radicalize people. On this very side, post #56, someone already tried the same thing as you but on the opposite direction. Look what happened.

Regarding the "human shields" claim here is more balanced article.

Long story short...it's complicated and hate mongering won't bring anyone a step nearer to justice or even peace.

Saying that Palestinians use their own children as human slaves is propaganda designed to dehumanise them and to make it easier to ethnically cleanse them.
That's just a fact.