• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao. Close this thread mods!
OP sure loves to start up threads like these..and they always end up getting shut down.
www.resetera.com

Fable Progress Slow Due to Playground’s Lack of RPG Experience and Frugal Ethos Says Dev

Game designer Juan Fernandez, who had worked at Tequila Works, Ninja Theory, and recently Playground, gave an interview with popular Spanish gaming site Vandal and shed some light on the situation at Playground. Keep in mind that the interview is in Spanish so the following is a Google...

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
Didn't playground develop forzatech?

Haven't they created a bunch of gigantic open worlds with the horizon series?

And now they're having trouble using their own engine to create an open world game?

Taking with a huge grain of salt.

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
This sounds troublesome. Game development is hard I assume this is still years away considering they are still hiring for important positions.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
OP sure loves to start up threads like these.
www.resetera.com

Fable Progress Slow Due to Playground’s Lack of RPG Experience and Frugal Ethos Says Dev

Game designer Juan Fernandez, who had worked at Tequila Works, Ninja Theory, and recently Playground, gave an interview with popular Spanish gaming site Vandal and shed some light on the situation at Playground. Keep in mind that the interview is in Spanish so the following is a Google...

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
We're talking about a game here that seemingly started development 4 years ago and announced 2 years ago. I don't think it's an insignificant figure considering these circumstances.
It's completely irrelevant without much more information, hiring for positions is not on its own indicative of the current state of development of a project. Especially for a team that will presumably be making other projects in that series afterwards.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't playground develop forzatech?

Haven't they created a bunch of gigantic open worlds with the horizon series?

And now they're having trouble using their own engine to create an open world game?

Taking with a huge grain of salt.
Turn10 made ForzaTech, but Playground is co-developing it with them. They've been working with a version of ForzaTech since 2010.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
Breaking news. Normal game development is underway.

Seriously. This really isn't news.

- We've had to change some pre production plans.
- We've had to hire in skills we were missing.
- We've had to add / remove features from our engine to support an open world RPG.

All normal processes.

PunkSxE

Banned
Apr 9, 2020
OP sure loves to start up threads like these..and they always end up getting shut down.
www.resetera.com

Yep

www.resetera.com

Rumor: 343i struggled with Halo Infinite development, rebooted project in 2018

I say rumor because there's no article about it, but rather this is based on insights from another Era member who has been vetted. This user knows their Microsoft stuff, and has been deemed reliable by Transistor and the mod team: Pretty interesting takeaway imo. Thoughts? EDIT: As we know...

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I just want it to live up to Fable 2 at the very least. My most anticipated MS exclusive by far.

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
www.resetera.com

I think this is from a different source? No need to attack the OP.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
So every one and their mother is an Xbox insider these days, all with random different rumours of "development issues." After the Starfield one a week or more ago from a random person on twitter, now one from someone who's previous rumours are as unreliable and fake as it gets. Like come on OP 🤣

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Yep

www.resetera.com

I say rumor because there's no article about it, but rather this is based on insights from another Era member who has been vetted. This user knows their Microsoft stuff, and has been deemed reliable by Transistor and the mod team: Pretty interesting takeaway imo. Thoughts? EDIT: As we know...
To be fair this one seems correct?

I guess we'll find out before long if this one is true. If Fable gets a release window/date at the Xbox showcase then this can easily be dismissed as being wrong.

Liquid

Banned
Sep 13, 2021
Yep

www.resetera.com

Well, considering the launch state of Halo, wouldn't label this thread as rumor.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Not surprised, unfortunately. A game company moving from producing racing games to an action RPG is a pretty big leap. Despite this being an existing IP, pretty obvious it needs a lot of work to make it compelling today. Disappointing though, this was one of the main games I was looking forward to on GP. I am not sure if I will still have GP by the time it comes out.

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
To be fair this one seems correct?

I guess we'll find out before long if this one is true. If Fable gets a release window/date at the Xbox showcase then this can easily be dismissed as being wrong.

Yeah that thread seems like it's correct. Maybe mods can put "rumour" into the thread title.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Edit : Nevermind

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
"Possibly downscaled from original gameplay mechanics" feels like a fairly meaningless statement, for fans, when we know literally nothing about the game yet.

Basically had plans during pre-production that they're not ultimately able to achieve. We'll never know any different, not like they've released a lot of information and have to walk it back.

Game development.

Basically.
The reasonable take.

0xe0x

Banned
Dec 23, 2021
The problem with leaks like these is that a lot of AAA games gets scaled down, let alone have issues with the engine.

Not everything has to be leaked, especially when it comes to things that affects most AAA games.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Wonder why they are still using forzatech, also I wonder if it's the current version being used by the current Motorsport game.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Idk why developers choose to use engines not suited to the task when there are numerous engines (namely UE but there are others) that are robust enough to handle anything they can throw at it.
Because UE4 in particular isn't suited for open world games. Fable started in 2017-2018 with UE5 not in sight. Besides NO engine is robust enough to throw anything at it. ACC was done in UE4 and for Asseto Corsa 2 the devs switched back to their own engine. Here are two devs talking about UE:

OP
OP
Neat

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Feels like some folks are trying to steer the conversation away from the game and are choosing to attack the OP? Pretty weird.

He sure has a history of creating threads based on unverified, unreliable, or unknown sources.
Except they are quite clearly labeled as rumors and not framed as facts. Even this thread you're posting in has the "rumor" tag and even starts with "take with a grain of salt". But feel free to report me if you think it was made in bad faith, champ.

SteveByDesign

Sep 11, 2019
Game development takes time.

This.

And has hurdles to overcome.

Something that is a sad trend is people expecting developers to know not just how to build everything they want to create but also the best way to do it.

A lot of game development is creators trying new things that interest them but that they haven't actually implemented before. It is the unknown most of the time.

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
Except they are quite clearly labeled as rumors and not framed as facts. Even this thread you're posting in has the "rumor" tag and even starts with "take with a grain of salt". But feel free to report me if you think it was made in bad faith, champ.

I don't know how rumour threads work around here but maybe putting the word rumour in the thread title would help.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
This seems like second hand information from a content creator that has historical had poorly sourced takes and is impossible to verify. File this under 'we don't need threads from random sources'.

Status
Not open for further replies.