• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo Infinite OST is a masterpiece. Coker is up there or fast becoming one of greats like Kirkhope. What a team!

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gareth Coker's Ori soundtrack is one of my top 5 of all time. Yoko Shimomura always pops out massive banger tracks. This is gonna be amazing.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
only recognized Coker due to his tracks on Infinite, but the achievements I learned over from the other two are very impressive

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
That's some god tier level of talent. I have extremely high expectations for the OST now.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Coker is outstanding. I hope 343 keeps him around for Halo aswell

Noriea

Nov 8, 2017
This sold me on the game. I liked the first one but didn't finish it. Kirkhope is a legend but Coker is one of my favorite artist lately. I regularly listen to his music in games I haven't even played. Vaguely familiar with Shimomura.

Plover

Oct 27, 2017
That high quality ost for a Rabbids game?? Am I missing something, are those games actually that good?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That high quality ost for a Rabbids game?? Am I missing something, are those games actually that good?
The original Mario + Rabbids is one of the best third party exclusives on Switch. The game turned out way better than it had any right to be, it practically redeemed the Rabbids franchise for people.

Plover

Oct 27, 2017
The original Mario + Rabbids is one of the best third party exclusives on Switch. The game turned out way better than it had any right to be, it practically redeemed the Rabbids franchise for people.

Mario + Rabbids is stupid good, and stupid fun. Plus, the OST for the original was already stellar. It's a great time all around.
That's bananas. I only remember Rabbids being annoying and being everywhere in their early days. I wrote these games off as some weird sellout idea, so it's funny to hear they turned out so well! Maybe I'll give them a go then.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's bananas. I only remember Rabbids being annoying and being everywhere in their early days. I wrote these games off as some weird sellout idea, so it's funny to hear they turned out so well! Maybe I'll give them a go then.
Everybody did that back when the game leaked before E3. "Mario and rabbids? What the fuck is that shit." Then when came E3, the game was revealed to be Mario XCOM and we all regretted our words and deeds.

Oct 31, 2017
Yoko being part of this isn't that surprising when you think about it: she worked on so many Mario RPGs till now!

The OST is gonna be amazing.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah this game is gonna kick all kinds of ass. The first game was such an unexpected delight. Only thing they really need to improve is making a slightly less straightforwardly linear map design, which hopefully they can given this sequel's obviously increased budget.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody did that back when the game leaked before E3. "Mario and rabbids? What the fuck is that shit." Then when came E3, the game was revealed to be Mario XCOM and we all regretted our words and deeds.
Nah, if I look at my post history on the old forum, I always believed in this project, but I'm a guy that like weird games in general and that collab sounded really weird, haha.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I would have preferred it be just a Kirkhope affair (to maintain stylistic consistency) but maybe the game requires too much music for one composer. I like Shimomura and Coker (when he's not in epic Ark mode) so we'll see.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Holy fuck goddamn

This and Xenoblade 3 fighting for OST of the year:
images

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018
Still pretty sad knowing the story about how the team became demoralized due to the leak reactions, the good thing is that people loved the game in the end

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome! From the presentation, it seems like the budget/production values of Sparks of Hope have been increased over the original.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Not picking up the game anytime soon since Ubisoft sucks, but i'll at least find a way to listen to the soundtrack. Really talented trio there.

This and Xenoblade 3 fighting for OST of the year:
images
Shimomura could end up playing both sides if she did a few tracks for Xenoblade 3. She wasn't on 2 but I don't think the posibility is totally ruled out?