• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rad vs ganon

• Ganon

Votes: 69 24.7%
  • Radahn

Votes: 184 65.9%
  • Link the true tarnished

Votes: 36 12.9%

• Total voters

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
couldnt help but notice some minor similarities
im thinking ganon has enough tricks up his sleeve to overcome rad's brute force and his
lil horse

lock if its not the weekend

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Has Ganon ever had a fight considered as difficult as Radahn's? I wouldn't think so.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It is written, "only Link can defeat Ganon"

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
Radahn was holding back back falling stars while being horribly damaged beyond repair by scarlet rot. I think Radahn is stronger.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Radahn is holding up the stars lol. He was definitely inspired by hyrule warriors ganon though

rude

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder how powerful the tri-force is in comparison to the elden ring

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Radahn was holding back back falling stars while being horribly damaged beyond repair by scarlet rot. I think Radahn is stronger.

He also uses gravity magic to keep himself propped up on his tiny horse because he's so attached to horsey even as they're both rotting and becoming deformed 😭

Oct 27, 2017
Someone who has never known defeat couldn't even defeat Radahn and had to get carried back up north by one of her knights. It was a standstill.

Radahn wins.

Stath

Mar 4, 2022
I think Ganon's supposed to be canonically more powerful, at least in some ways (vulnerable only to specific weaponry, macguffin-fueled, immortal-adjacent) but since these are Zelda games, his battles are mostly quite simple and easy. As far as in-game fights the Radahn one though is obviously magnitudes more threatening than any attempt Ganon has ever put up. Makes me imagine an ambitious Ocarina of Time remake with a similar final Ganon fight.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
i wonder how powerful the tri-force is in comparison to the elden ring
I don't know anything about Elden Ring, but for reference, the Triforce seems to be truly omnipotent. It seems to be able to grant any wish, period. Anything from killing gods to creating more Triforces is fair game.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ganon, unless Radahn used the Master Sword I guess, which I understand would be an impossibility for Radahn for various reasons.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
I think Ganon's supposed to be canonically more powerful, at least in some ways (vulnerable only to specific weaponry, macguffin-fueled, immortal-adjacent) but since these are Zelda games, his battles are mostly quite simple and easy. As far as in-game fights the Radahn one though is obviously magnitudes more threatening than any attempt Ganon has ever put up. Makes me imagine an ambitious Ocarina of Time remake with a similar final Ganon fight.

are you willing into existance a FromSoft Zelda Game?

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Found if funny how the Elden Ring story made Malenia and Radahn as the most powerful warriors whose duel ended in a draw, yet one is just a mid game boss and the other the endgame optional superboss.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Radahn would one-shot Ganon from a mile away with one of his stupid purple homing arrows. No, I'm not bitter.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Found if funny how the Elden Ring story made Malenia and Radahn as the most powerful warriors whose duel ended in a draw, yet one is just a mid game boss and the other the endgame optional superboss.
Radahn is also basically zombified when you fight him so he's already massively weakened as a result of having lost his mind forever ago. So it makes sense.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

That and her power clearly left him a mindless zombie incapable of doing anything but consuming and fighting, she still has her faculties and skills intact.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i mean you're encouraged to fight radahn with like 5 other npcs

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Radahn is holding whole-ass stars in place while afflicted with scarlet rot

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

Radahn is a shell of his former self and is still holding back stars and tough as hell and you are still supposed to fight him with NPC summons. Imagine him before the rot.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I think Ganon wins, by virtue of his story being simpler and less detailed.

Ganon *cannot* be defeated except by the Hero with the Master Sword.

Meanwhile I threw three or four swordsmen and a piece of possessed pottery at Radahn and then breathed garlic breath on him and he caved like Gollum.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
are you willing into existance a FromSoft Zelda Game?
I'd love a FromSoft Metroid game, personally. Hell, the series already has some stuff in common with their games. An isolated, lonesome setting with few NPCs, and a ton of hostility. Large, expansive levels with various shortcuts, connected by elevators. Poison swamps.

Just imagine Samus exploring a FromSoft-designed planet, with their environmental, enemy, and boss designs. Kinda makes me sad this will never manifest.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lore wise, Ganondorf has only a single Achilles Heel that Radahn probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
If Radahn can truly hold back stars that's pretty impressive and probably stronger than Ganon.

Him being a mindless zombie though is a oretty huge boon in Ganon's favor though. His whole thing is being a warlock, including mind manipulation and puppetry. It'd probably be easy for him to just take over Radahn's mind.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I mean Malenia had to resort to essentially nuking all of Caelid with Scarlet Rot just to end the fight in a draw. Radahn was that strong pre Scarlet Rot.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, I assume people, in general, summon a legion to fight Radahn

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Melania pretty much poisoned the whole region in hope to not die after getting impaled by him so although it's considered a draw and the poison later ate his brain, Rhadan was strong as fuck. That said depend on which Ganon, I don't think Rhadan could destroy the world while some form of Ganon could