• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets see the bots do that.

boston-d.gif

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
And this is why I once again reiterate that large-scale Scalping operations need to be under the investigatory microscope.

It's fairly obvious that some of these scalpers with such a large supply did not acquire their stock through legitimate means.
Only trying to feed their families dude since Covid made them lose their jobs.

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
The same news story comes out every time a PlayStation comes out, I don't know if it's real or if it's just a Pr thing

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's funny to think that DVD players were once such a hot, expense commodity they were the item being stolen in Fast and the Furios

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it. Like any part of it.

It seems the most impractical, inefficient and dangerous way possible to steal something. Even in heist films, they have to explicitly explain why such elaborate schemes are the only possible way to pull off the job.

Honestly, seems much more like an insurance scam.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only trying to feed their families dude since Covid made them lose their Jon's.
I know, right? Lucky for them, they had 1.8 million liquid lying around to buy those PS5s.

Though I actually heard they were paying $100 over msrp to have others buy for them, then they sold for even more. So, if that's accurate, 2.2 million. I'm just glad they were able to at least double their money so they could afford food. Had to be tough.
I don't get it. Like any part of it.

It seems the most impractical, inefficient and dangerous way possible to steal something. Even in heist films, they have to explicitly explain why such elaborate schemes are the only possible way to pull off the job.

Honestly, seems much more like an insurance scam.
It's kinda badass though. Gotta give them that even though they're awful people.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I heard a gang did this once and inside were copies of F&F Crossroads.

They let the truck go.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harry the Hook died trying to do a mobile B&E on a van carrying PS5s. Bless him. Had 41 Platinum trophies, absolute legend. 100%. He was a true player. You know that tagline, "For The Players?" Harry had an uncle that worked at PlayStation, based that tagline off Harry. *weeps* He had a PS5 in-hand, but as he was exiting the lorry, the bungie cord snapped off the sunroof and, in an instant, he was dashed under my imported NISMO Skyline GT-R.

What do you mean, "why didn't you just ask Harry's uncle for a PS5?"

vrcsix

Oct 29, 2017
Correct. The demand is so insane that they are stealing them to sell for crazy prices.

I mean yeah, they're probably making a good buck on these new consoles. But considering how they've been stealing other wares in a similar manner for quite some time, it doesn't seem extraordinary. It feels like we hear stories like these during every console launch.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Risk/reward seems terrible. They'd be better off trying to rip people off online.

Funny thing is, in some places that would probably put the truck driver in jail instead of the other way around.

It's weird some places frown on intentionally causing car crashes, I mean, what could go wrong?

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Small brain: F&F1
Big brain: Fast Five

B4NZ.gif

These guys ain't shit until they're stealing bank vaults filled with PS5s and using them as a battering ram on cops.