• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Nope

pst0297reddead_large.jpg

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Yes it is. But Kait's face (protag) is what puts this game still under RDR2,
They should have tried to replicate Laura Bailey's face, just like they did in Halo 5
latest

Or they should have tried to make her face like in the Broken trailer
maxresdefault.jpg

Real Kait looks very gamey, she doesnt fit so well with the whole graphic package
gears-5-kait-diaz-uhdpaper.com-4K-8.jpg

Fhaz, JD, Del, Marcus, everyone looks so damn good, but she doesnt

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
It's impressive for sure (especially the X version), but no. Red Dead Redemption 2 looks a lot better, I'd say it's on par with Uncharted 4 and GOW.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
From what I've seen of videos of the PC version, it does indeed look great, but I'd personally give that title to RDR2 so far this gen.

That could change next year though with new releases hitting.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
There is absolutely no way that this thesis statement will age poorly. None whatsoever.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
RDR 2 on xbox one x is (maybe) objectively the greatest graphical game of all time, i'm not afraid to say that

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Yes it is. But Kait's face (protag) is what puts this game still under RDR2,
They should have tried to replicate Laura Bailey's face, just like they did in Halo 5
latest

Or they should have tried to make her face like in the Broken trailer
maxresdefault.jpg

Real Kait looks very gamey, she doesnt fit so well with the whole graphic package
gears-5-kait-diaz-uhdpaper.com-4K-8.jpg

Fhaz, JD, Del, Marcus, everyone looks so damn good, but she doesnt
You're crazy, her model is excellent in this game.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'll reserve judgment for when I see the PC version running at ultra settings on my TV.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
It looks pretty and runs at 60fps on console, but the best looking game of all time? LOOOOOL no.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Will play tomorrow and find out, game looks very fluid and good tho. Currently at number 1 for me is RDR2. After that, games like God of War, Forza Horizon 4, etc.

May 17, 2018
It looks great, but, character wise, they all look the same to me.

Just big old, blockhead lookin motherfuckers.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"gears 4 on the X was patched and ran at 4K 60 frames" yeah okay, the game was 60 frames but only 1080p AFAIK.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
"Arguably" is the key word here; they're not saying it's bonafide. But I'm definitely curious to see comparisons.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Imagine thinking the best looking video game is the most recent one that spends the money to try to look the most like an Avengers movie.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Considering I haven't seen the game's campaign with my own eyes via my own gameplay I am just gonna wait to judge it till then. I imagine the work done to get it to run at 60FPS was not easy though.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Strictly from an environment art standpoint it's basically impossible to beat RDR2 this generation, it's insane.

I'm sure Gears 5 has some incredible impressive areas, due to them being incredibly familiar with UE4 and the ability to adjust things to their liking.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's your take? Because there are lots of shit posters above making claims without even having played it. I agree with you 100% regarding beauty being in the eye of the beholder btw.
I think it is incredibly polished at times and when you are in some locations the various effects equal some of the best games environments this gen when you are in them. However artistically it does have some issues including some wonky design on a couple of the characters and some issues with shadows. NO game, NONE are the best to me. There is always some caveat that has to be added in these discussions.
Also the fact that the thing is insanely optimized helps. The FPS in some of the busiest environments is legit impressive.