• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
SphericalBlackandwhiteAmericancrayfish-size_restricted.gif

Most people here aren't going to give ProJared support after this and he's been losing subs ever since the news broke. Like I'm not seeing your point here

It's those damn millennials! What with their hula-hoops and Uberwhatsitz....

bixio

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
I've never watched a ProJared or Logan Paul video in my life.

This is the kind of YouTube personality on enjoy:

That dude is creepy too tbh,
SphericalBlackandwhiteAmericancrayfish-size_restricted.gif

Most people here aren't going to give ProJared support after this and he's been losing subs ever since the news broke. Like I'm not seeing your point here
more talking about Logan Paul and Pewdiepie who continue to grow and be monetized despite being pieces of shit

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Mike Mattei.

He is a brutal piece of racist shit.

It's been almost 2 years since all of that blew up and james never made a statement of his situation in Cinemassacre or if he share his points of views.

Mike Mattei still works in Cinemassacre (also as a face of the channel because he made like 90% of channel monthly content)

We can legit doubt if james thinks like Mike too.

In a recent video about the 3 stooges James spoke out about racist stereotypes portrayed in some of the shorts and how they were not okay then or now as a warning to people who may look into the stooges. So I feel like he isn't a problem here.

I think Mike manages everything and James is so busy that I don't think he's so much complicit, as that he's oblivious to concerns people have about Mike.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
I was never a super big fan of jared or anything, but i enjoyed his videos every now and then for years.

I got wind of this story last night and thought it was only about the cheating. That was enough to sour my opinion of the guy, but I wouldn't have imagined that it went as far as fishing for underage nudes.

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
You're saying that we're supposed to assume that someone is a pedophile because they make let's play style videos and are nerds?

I already ignored the guy (bixit, was it?), but if you're responding to their garbage, they're probably either convinced that all YouTubers are garbage so that they don't get attached to any of them (only to learn that they're awful), or they're just enjoying confusing people with their overly rigid views. They aren't worth anyone's time.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've literally never heard of this "ProJared" guy until this thread (I don't do Youtube and I have an addon that removes all recommendations/suggestions from its pages)

but I just did a google image search on his name... and let's just say I'm not surprised, lol

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. Haven't seen many videos by this dude but his Bravely Default review is the reason I bought a 2DS and picked that game up. Solidly in my top 5 jRPGs. To be fair, I assume any and everyone associated with NormalBoots is garbage and I avoid all of their channels actively since the entire GG debacle, but I still wasn't expecting this dude in particular to be doing shit like this (soliciting pictures of fans and/or minors that is, couldn't care less about peoples' private lives in regards to cheating). Men collectively need to shape the fuck up and stop raising other men into pieces of shit already.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Define morals for me please. The underage stuff aside what goes on in a person's marriage is none of our fucking business up to a point. Marriage is just a word. It is a construct you are ascribing value. So many people here really have no idea what marriage is like and project your values on other people so whilly nilly. I have never cheated but I don't judge other people's marriages who take weird and sad turns.

This wannabe woke shit is in really poor taste.

Jared's whole issue is he had an affair, hid it, lied about hiding it, and then lied about how he was gonna come clean. Amidst this he has a lewd Tumblr page when he welcomed nudes of fans, lied to the wife again saying it was about body positivity, and secretly sending out pictures of his own body, and this includes at least two 16 year olds.

Nobody is going after him because he fucked up his marriage. They're going after him because he's a manipulative shitheel. "A weird and sad turn" is blaming the wife for him texting messages about how he wants to use his "yaoi cock" on strangers? Or how he's used friends for years in order to benefit himself?

Come on, son.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was never a super big fan of jared or anything, but i enjoyed his videos every now and then for years.

I got wind of this story last night and thought it was only about the cheating. That was enough to sour my opinion of the guy, but I wouldn't have imagined that it went as far as fishing for underage nudes.
Dude kind of introduced me to Monster Hunter or at least got me to understand it with his guides and I kind of liked his E3 press conference videos that he made just after they aired. Gonna kind of miss those but not enough to stick with the guy.

If nothing else his low output in the past year or so made it much easier to cut him off.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It's not surprising that so many of these youtubers/streamers are creeps, or become creeps at some point in their career. I mean they are achieve fame/popularity with no oversight, with a direct connection to fans that they can then exploit.

At least his wife is getting away from him.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
User Banned (1 week): Inflammatory commentary surrounding mental illness
No opinions on ProJared as I don't follow his work, but I feel gross that I once had sympathy for Holly Conrad. She really seemed to have a lot of psychological problems for some time, battling depression and other similar issues, but now as far as I'm concerned that was all an act to gain said sympathy.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, them! They were in some DnD videos I watched a while back. Huh.

I wish the wife well, and really hope she doesn't get a ton of shit from certain groups.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Why in 2019 are people still sending nudes and dick pics? Whose body is that special that they feel like they need to let you know what's happening?

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
As someone that didn't know who he was, Twitter has been a mixed bag today.

It went from "ha, someone said he looks like Momo and did a side by side" to "well that's a penis" within seconds.

Oct 25, 2017
ProJared's videos about MH3U were great.
Shame he turned out to be a total shit head.
Apparently Holly is getting shit thrown her way heavily on her social media.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Oh Jared ... I used to watch some of his videos over the years (watched some of his reactions to E3 conferences) and was still subbed, just unsubbed.

And yes, like some already said he mostly uploads to his gaming channel ProJared Plays! which seems to be also loosing subs.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
It's wild to me. There's no takebacks on something that can be circulated to billions of people in an instant.
There's generally a level of trust involved (if we're talking consentual nudes). But honestly its a culture that is vastly more accepting of nudes than any before. Speaking from experience.

And not to sound rude, but its wild to me that there are folks against the idea, but that shows a cultural gap between us.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Why in 2019 are people still sending nudes and dick pics? Whose body is that special that they feel like they need to let you know what's happening?
Eh, is REALLY not my thing (Lord knows that I wouldn't ever take a picture of myself naked, let alone let it circulate around the internet) but as long as the people involved are okay with it, that's fine for them.

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
Oh wow. When I first saw this, the only thing that I knew about was that he cheated on his wife. But all of this? Disgusting and awful.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
There's generally a level of trust involved (if we're talking consentual nudes). But honestly its a culture that is vastly more accepting of nudes than any before. Speaking from experience.

And not to sound rude, but its wild to me that there are folks against the idea, but that shows a cultural gap between us.

I don't care in general - at 38 I've seen more than my share of naked people. I guess I just don't trust people to not be assholes - case in point this clown.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's not hard to understand.

It's a combo of Young people without life experience can make dumb mistakes.
+
Horny people sometimes do dumb shit.

I am forever thankful my horny teenage years where before the era of the modern smart phone.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I've never understood it either. Not once have I ever sent anyone a pic of myself. Not even to girlfriends that have asked me to. It just seems like common sense to me not to allow something so personal to potentially get misused if the person on the receiving end decides to do something malicious with it. In this YouTubers case who knows how many times these nudes were circulated and to what extent. It's really shitty that social media created a really dark and depressing outlet of human behavior for predators to abuse.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
As somebody who's been cheated on and had significant psychological hangups thanks to it, cheating is definitely a bigger deal than some people in this thread are making it out to be.

Er, if it's between two consensual grown adults who cares? Some people like that sort of thing you know? In fact there are whole industries that revolve around seeing consenting adults naked.

The fact that he was requesting them from fans and minors and abusing his power is the shit that people should be disgusted by and he should be judged for.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
It's not hard to understand.

It's a combo of Young people without life experience can make dumb mistakes.
+
Horny people sometimes do dumb shit

I figured by now there was a strong information campaign to let teens know this could be a problem. Do they still have after school specials? Because this would have totally been an after school special back in the day.

For minors especially, basically every time you send a nude you're automatically sending a prison sentence.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I used to love Holly on Grumps, what a goddamn shame. Im glad my gut hasn't really failed me yet though, as every piece of shit who's gotten blown out over the years has been someone I've already either disliked from the get go or had reservations about.

Clearly, you don't read yaoi (I don't, but I have plenty of friends who do). Rape is a common theme in most of them. And I'm gonna assume "yaoi dick" refers to how they're generally drawn to be unrealistically "muscley" and HUGE.
That's not even a yaoi thing, all dicks in anime are largely giant/veiny

When will God let Yaoi die

Oct 25, 2017
No opinions on ProJared as I don't follow his work, but I feel gross that I once had sympathy for Holly Conrad. She really seemed to have a lot of psychological problems for some time, battling depression and other similar issues, but now as far as I'm concerned that was all an act to gain said sympathy.

Even if she fucked up, and she did, that isn't cause to assume that her mental illness isn't real. Mentally ill people can fuck up and be shit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.