• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
If there was one thing I didn't think I'd see today....

It was Projared's penis.

::Sigh:: gonna be a long fucking day.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Was this the guy on that Google Stadia presentation?

If so, Google's probably looking for a new spokesperson from the "YouTuber community"

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Now r/ProJared is debating over what will the subreddit transform, into a Scott The Woz or James Rolfe subreddit.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
That gamer culture is toxic trash and these people need to stop being worshipped to avoid disappointment. I feel like there's a thread like this at least once per month.

I like AVGN, Jim Sterling and Arlo (along with a few others).

If they turned out to be trash, I'd be disappointed. Not because I "worship" them, but because I'm a fan. Unless you're literally not a fan of anyone's work (books, movies, music, etc...), why is being disappointed an unreasonable reaction?

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
That gamer culture is toxic trash and these people need to stop being worshipped to avoid disappointment. I feel like there's a thread like this at least once per month.

I think in this case it's less a gaming thing and more of a toxic masculinity thing similar to the MeToo movement.

The day people stop idolizing celebrities is the day there stops being celebrities.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Very gross to see. It ironically always ends up being the people YouTube seems to push the most, too.

A thread on this got locked last night, I wonder why the new one has survived.

I think it's because that initial thread focused on the cheating, which while a Bad Look was a very personal matter that didn't really need a bunch of internet randos giving their ten cents. All this nudes stuff makes it a much bigger, wider-reaching deal though, and to top it off there's underage people involved. I think of it as a PSA, because he's basically a threat to his own audience now.

Oct 25, 2017
That feel when you browse the ProJared subreddit... and you see nudes Jared sent to people.

I've seen his penis

2ba.gif

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now r/ProJared is debating over what will the subreddit transform, into a Scott The Woz or James Rolfe subreddit.
I read some of the stuff on there, and apparently the etika subreddit tried to do something similar, and Scott said he'd prefer to distance himself from internet drama like that unless it's in good fun.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Why is everyone's shitty business on the Internet anyway?

Sad to hear about all of this though. Thought the guy was legit but I honestly shouldn't judge because I don't know what either or them were going through in that relationship.

Doesn't excuse any of the underage stuff if it's really true.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I went to sleep last night thinking this YouTuber was a cheater but shouldn't have been posting his drama all over the internet. Now I see it's much, much, much worse than that. This piece of shit is a sexual deviant. The internet fame obviously allowed him to get away with it and as far as I'm concerned soliciting nudes is sexual abuse. If he convinced or coersed nudes from anyone underage this piece of shit needs to go to prison. This projared guy is the type of person that shouldn't be allowed to have a soap box online and who knows how many lives he's fucked up at this point. It's truly disgusting and I pray YouTube and all businesses cut all ties to him immediately. This is so fucking gross and disturbing to me. I really hope his YouTube career is completely over now so he can't effect anyone else's lives going forward.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I am late to this whole thing. Disappointing to see Jared like this, I was a fan for a while...not going near his stuff anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Man... Jared was pretty cool. Now he's gross.
Don't write off gamers on YouTube. Take the time to find ones that could use more exposure. Not everyone is a JonTron level racist, a Boogie level shithead, or a sex pervert.

I just remembered, Jared had a cameo in the Nickelodeon show Game Shakers. A show created by Dan Schneider. ... Uh oh.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I never watch his videos but I have a friend that loved watching his stuff. Sucks for her but people really are shitty. This is also beyond disgusting....

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone's shitty business on the Internet anyway?

Sad to hear about all of this though. Thought the guy was legit but I honestly shouldn't judge because I don't know what either or them were going through in that relationship.

Doesn't excuse any of the underage stuff if it's really true.

The public deserves to know if a popular YouTuber used his fame to groom underage fans into sending him nude photographs.

Jul 10, 2018
User Banned (3 Days) - Inappropriate Commentary
I feel like if Heidi was my wife, I'd have no time to tweet other people, I'd just stay home all day.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Still don't see why marriage drama/infedelity would be at all anyone else's business but the couple involved (and apparently marriage counselor) BUT the minor picture requests seems disgusting AF.

Sigh. I hate the internet.

WTF is this
Just because it's not a crime does not make it ok, it's extremely reprehensible morally

Define morals for me please. The underage stuff aside what goes on in a person's marriage is none of our fucking business up to a point. Marriage is just a word. It is a construct you are ascribing value. So many people here really have no idea what marriage is like and project your values on other people so whilly nilly. I have never cheated but I don't judge other people's marriages who take weird and sad turns.

Nord501

Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm shocked by this. While I have never been subbed or even really watched Jared, I am a fan of Jirard The Completionist and his Super Beard Bros channel and I know they're friends so I'm curious if Jirard will respond to this. At the very least I may have to unsub from Normal Boots if they defend him.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Jared, no...

His FireRed Nuzlocke was legendary. Sad that I'll have to stop recommending it to people.

Praise Nuptup, one last time.
Nuptup is a beautiful innocent baby and has nothing to do with this. She deserves better :(
How does ProJared have over 1 million subs?

I subscribed to him thanks to his E3 reviews.

But then I noticed he literally makes like 8 videos a year.
So why the popularity?
Jared got into the YouTube gaming scene pretty early on and as a result was able to gain a sizable following. If he were to start today he'd never be able to stand out from the competition because his content isn't really all that special. He'd be a niche channel at best.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I'm gonna be transparent here-- I've cheated on someone before. And someone has cheated on me. It's not often so simple as someone being an "asshole," though it certainly happens. I'm by no means defending ProJared here, nor Holly, but one does not simply look at another person and think "oh it appears as though you have the capacity for cheating let us make fuck" as if they have some form of ESP. ProJared and Holly made a conscious decision to enter into an affair that had complex factors involved which we'll probably never know.

If anything, given everything else that's come out in light of all this, I'm inclined to believe that ProJared is likely skilled at emotional manipulation and is well aware of the power dynamics involved in relationships when you're a minor celebrity. But as a result of that, you have to take his brand into account here. No one's fucking ProJared without knowing who he is and what he does. And, uh, wow. What a cool and good brand.
Oh I know. Things develop, things just happen, things evolve. I have been cheated on twice with two different partners. Both times it was kept from me for months, and both had different reactions--one ending it suddenly and the other trying to maintain the relationship. So I tend to approach cheating with a very specific view.

I do agree that ProJared had to be pretty skilled at emotional manipulation for the severity of what he ended up doing.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I doubt it. He'll lose a few thousand subscribers and pretend nothing happened when most never hear about it, or swing alt-right to get his numbers back up. The rule of the modern era is unfortunately "post through the controversy".
ProJared has been an "outspoken" liberal/leftist; the alt right don't like him. He and PGB went against JonTron back in 2017.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
I for one am shocked that someone on the internet turned out to be more than just their forward-facing faux personality.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I doubt it. He'll lose a few thousand subscribers and pretend nothing happened when most never hear about it, or swing alt-right to get his numbers back up. The rule of the modern era is unfortunately "post through the controversy".

The alt right dont like him now because he insulted and called out jontron back when his stuff was happening. So he can't even pander to them now.

Used to watch jared alot back in 2013-14. When you're a scumbag and on the internet, you eventually leave too big a bread trail

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Still don't see why marriage drama/infedelity would be at all anyone else's business but the couple involved (and apparently marriage counselor) BUT the minor picture requests seems disgusting AF.

Sigh. I hate the internet.

Define morals for me please. The underage stuff aside what goes on in a person's marriage is none of our fucking business up to a point. Marriage is just a word. It is a construct you are ascribing value. So many people here really have no idea what marriage is like and project your values on other people so whilly nilly. I have never cheated but I don't judge other people's marriages who take weird and sad turns.

He's a well-known personality who used his fame and fake stances on things like being a feminist to deceive fans (adults and otherwise) while ruining his marriage.

Jared made it our business.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ProJared has been an "outspoken" liberal/leftist; the alt right don't like him. He and PGB went against JonTron back in 2017.
Y'know as much as I hate to say it that may explain why alot more people were willing to throw him and PBG under the bus compared to most Youtubers.

Honestly looking back the most shocking thing about this entire situation is how easily people are willing to let Jared go compared to most exposed Youtube stars.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The alt right dont like him now because he insulted and called out jontron back when his stuff was happening. So he can't even pander to them now.
JonTron largely left gaming videos after the backlash, and was lucky enough to go viral with the FlexTape video. I don't see the same happening for Jared.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
If it turns out that this was happening when ross and holly were together then it wd just be terrible for ross
Very likely the case. Ross and Holly divorced in September I believe, and Holly moved to Washington shortly after. Probably not drama for this thread though, so I'll leave it at that.
Unfortunately, there are solid reasons that many feminists are wary of men who are... for lack of a better term, a little "overexuberant" about their feminism. Having been involved in many feminist spaces, I can attest to bad men using it as a way to snake in and exploit people.

Tough situation, honestly. Because at the same time, vocal male feminists are necessary to proliferating the ideals.

At the end of the idea, though, it's worth noting that people have fatal flaws regardless of the virtue of their beliefs, however.
This all makes sense. Thank you. Honestly I think I've found myself in the past trying to limit my "exuberance" on feminist issues due to my own limited education and understanding because I don't want to give the wrong impression about my knowledge or intent...I tend to ask others more than make any sort of authoritative statements. My posts in the sexualized character design thread are probably a good example of this. That wariness makes sense though, especially when such exuberance is coming from someone like a gaming YouTuber.

Status
Not open for further replies.