• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

D_S5EJ2XkAEjRi-.jpg

D_S-qVvW4AESlFY.png

Because there's nothing less political then muzzling you for speaking out about vulnerable groups targeted by mass media.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many people are interested in reviewing Nintedo games anyway, I've never heard of them

Mike Rambo

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
Wow, I can't believe One Angry Gamer is starting a gaming media outlet to totally own the libs! Finally, a site that respects my sub-sentient intelligence.

EDIT: I really love how "politics" is just used instead of "stuff we hate". It reminds me of those posts of people bombastically championing Metal Gear as a politics-free series. It's just baffling to me, but also really, really funny watching the idiot parade in full swing. Ah, the simple joys of life.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Good look for a brand new site to immediately alienate a great big chunk of people. Hope they fail, and it clearly couldn't happen to someone more deserving.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
These guys don't understand how reviews function on the most fundamental level.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
" Gaming Instincts, where the only discussion about videogames we care for is that of carefree 15-year-old boys, because we went through life so unchallenged by any of the conditions of our upbringing that we never had to fight or grow up for anything, and our entertainment products are everything we identify with! Our only struggle is the virtual struggle! Welcome! "

" Except you, SJWs. "

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I am sick and tired of little dipshits "crying and bitching" about identity politics in video games.....but I don't think it's the side they're thinking of.

Essentially this outlet is crying and bitching right in their description there. Funny how that works.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Guess they can't ever cover games like Death Stranding then since "no politics allowed period"

Oh who am I kidding, they still will.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do they actually say they will pay the freelancers or is this a "exposure" gig?

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
This stance doesn't even make sense, there are plenty of games you wouldn't even be talk about....like how the hell is someone supposed to talk about Metal Gear Solid games without anything political? Or Wolfenstein? The very nature of some narratives [because their writers & the companies who made them aren't afraid of backlash] would make this an impossible task while also trying to complete the goal of talking about games.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
This stance doesn't even make sense, there are plenty of games you wouldn't even be talk about....like how the hell is someone supposed to talk about Metal Gear Solid games without anything political? Or Wolfenstein? The very nature of some narratives [because their writers & the companies who made them aren't afraid of backlash] would make this an impossible task while also trying to complete the goal of talking about games.
I'm going to suggest that they will do it by not having even a rudimentary understanding of those games.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I wonder if this "no agenda" includes BOTH right and left ideas, homophobe and LGBT opinion pieces...

It's their site and they can do and ask whatever they want to their writers if they want a certain style, but i would be stupid for asking to stay totally neutral and to the point of reviewing a game with "no politics".

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
A primal beast and a legend among men. The person that started it all, if it weren't for him, Gaming Instincts wouldn't have come into existence. This ferocious beast worked in the Gaming Industry for over three years and decided to begin his true primal journey here. A very experienced Dark Souls/Bloodborne player, trophy/achievement hunter, professional game critique and hardcore gamer at heart. This aggressive beast has conducted over 40 interviews with some of the biggest studios in the world such as 343 Industries, Turn 10, Rare, Lionhead Studios, Naughty Dog, Ready at Dawn, Bungie, Activision, EA, Epic and many more. Does this man have what it takes to embrace gaming's most powerful and epic experiences in the future? Only Gaming Instincts will unfold his mysterious journey.
Good grief.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
76Tgoh4.png

"What do i put in the bio? Uhh, let's just put in the application I wrote when I was twelve."

DDtM04d.png

This guy plays Dark Souls/Bloodborne so don't even THINK of fucking with this badass.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Why even give them the time of day? This type of news and exposure is exactly what they're looking for. Let them die in obscurity where they belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.