• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I really hope the same percentage of items are universal as the original Mario maker and it's just trailer trickery that makes it seem like theres so many exlusive objects

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
What's the ratio assumptions/theorizing/distractions vs actual analysis? These used to be solid and to the point, but an hour and a half sounds like a ton of filler.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can tell that the people who are most critical of Gamexplains output are the ones who have never really watched them.

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Nintendo giving Toadette so much love lately and I for one ain't complaining

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible analysis! I learned so much new stuff.

Can't wait for the next SMM2 trailer to see what else the game has to reveal @.@

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Lots of great stuff that I would had never seen from the trailer, and I'm only 40 minutes into the video.
There's a shit ton of content in this game.
Great work Andre.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
This was basically Andre's life since the Direct and it really shows, there's so much to learn about Mario Maker 2 in here

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I hope that instead om top of new themes they actually add alternates. The SMB3 ice theme is awful and I'll be crushed if they legit stick to that. Please have something more like the all stars version in there as well. Backgrounds are not a hard thing to add.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Quiet a bit of new stuff or interesting speculation that nobody else has caught, and I've watched several analysis.

Things Andre mentioned that nobody else did

- slopes in smb
- a much better break down of what is exclusive to the 3d world theme
- enemies acting with properties new to mario maker like the porcupuffer
- a zoomed in setting
- fish act differently in smw water then they do in smw

Aong with really smart speculation like

- that the car is either a yoshi replacement or a clown car replacement in 3d world
- that the one carnival 3d world theme could be that games version of an air ship

Overall Andre's efforts didn't go to waste, of course I've not watched EVERY Smm2 analysis video out there, but a lot of the little things were new to me.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
In this case they weren't even the first to analyze so much from so little.

This is only an hour long but this was posted only a couple of days after the announcement not a couple of weeks.

Gamexplain video was much better at pointing out details tbh while the Kotaku video was mostly dumb ramblings about cat mario.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
I couldn't watch the Kotaku video because they just kept veering off-topic. You can't say your video is "taking apart the SMM2 trailer" and then not talk about it for like at least half the video.
yup, I like Tim Rogers "scripted" content usually but the way he will ramble about the same shit for 20 minutes in unedited videos is sleep inducing.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well that was intense. game looks amazing

also lmao at them finding something on the date reveal at the very end of the trailer

great stuff

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Outstanding video. Lots of stuff I never thought of.

I would say that I think(hope?) the "blue" ghost house is the day version, and day/night versions of all themes is a thing.

Also you could in theory call SMB1 8-3 its own theme (with that one weird platform on the castle to boot) lol

Deleted member 24540

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I love the video but the "oh man there is SO MUCH to cover!!" and "OMG I'm almost done with the video, FINALLY!!" type of comments make it seem like he is doing this out of obligation.

At the end where he argues for why this game most likely has more vertical space than the original was absolutely brilliant stuff.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Andre was finally freed from the dungeon!

Watching it now; though I don't know how many new things he could've found that no one else on the internet has.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Great stuff. This game will be the game of the forever. It looks like you can create a huge amount of different kind of challenges and levels. I hope there is some kind of world editor in there. They said they have more to reveal at a later date so I expect some more surprises.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Considering the Pokemon analysis was full of "there's a plant here and to the right is wheelbarrow and more plants" I'm not entirely surprised this is so ungodly long, but...yeah. I'm somehow still surprised.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit.

Andre, we're going to get you the help you need, man. Its going to be okay.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
They also just had about 54 minutes for the Sword and Shield reveal across two vids. I will have to watch this when I can later.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I like how there was this long back and forth about how it's uncertain whether clear pipes act as a surface, and then immediately afterward it points to Ant Troopers walking on clear pipes in the art to show they can walk on surfaces