• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouf

May 17, 2018
This would have been perfect in a PlayStation event.
I feel like kickstarters tend not to play all that well in publisher presentations as far as the audience is concerned. Shenmue 3 got away with it mostly but had some mild controversy. I think with The Wonderful 101 people would just be wondering why Sony wouldn't just fund the port if they had the gall to highlight it at one of their State of Plays or whatever.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
No announcement yet, eh? Though I'm surprised they're opting for PS4 instead of PC because it's going to flop harder on the PS4 than the Wii U version.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
hopefully this doesn't mean the relationship between platinum and Nintendo is facins issues
At least until the completion of Bayo3 I hope they can still work together properly

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Last edited:

tohlew

Oct 25, 2017
Arrrhg¡¡¡

Just paid top dollar for the Wii U version. Classic.

Not to say the dual screen features of the game can't and won't be implemented well into whatever consoles this port comes to, but the Wii U version will certainly feel more "natural" in that sense. I think you made a solid decision.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Not to say the dual screen features of the game can't and won't be implemented well into whatever consoles this port comes to, but the Wii U version will certainly feel more "natural" in that sense. I think you made a solid decision.
I'd definitely take 1080p+, stable 60fps+, way faster load times and maybe some new content/m+kb support/QoL changes for probably 30$ over slightly better dual screen segments at full price personally.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Never played it, but I'm always down for a challenge. I play DMCV on Hell or Hell just for giggles but I actually beat some of the hardest difficulties. Is it that type of gsme?

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Apparently deciding not to burn money on ports of games that sold like 200k copies worldwide is a "bad look" - I'm so confused. Some of y'all must think that companies are charities or something.
Have you seen the kickstarter? It apears to already reached it's goal for a Steam version and PS4. Looks like charity worked.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen the kickstarter? It apears to already reached it's goal for a Steam version and PS4. Looks like charity worked.
...I don't understand how that is relevant to my post. I'm happy the Kickstarter was successful! That doesn't somehow change the fact that Nintendo not funding the game isn't a "bad look."

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, today from the video I found out that PlatinumGames are headquartered at the Umeda Sky Building next to Osaka Station. Great views from up there.

I wonder what their rent is because I'm assuming it wouldn't be cheap.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
...I don't understand how that is relevant to my post. I'm happy the Kickstarter was successful! That doesn't somehow change the fact that Nintendo not funding the game isn't a "bad look."
Maybe I misunderstood your earlier comment because it sure sounded like why waste money on a game that only sold 200k. The WiiU was not exactly a commercial success so to me it's great to see this title get a second chance.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Platinum had a choice, Switch only would get them Nintendo funding, Multi-platform no Nintendo funding but Nintendo would allow it.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to wait and see what happens. But I can say with confidence that there will never be a W101 port to the PS4. Nintendo is pretty protective of their IPs. Besides Zelda being on the Phillips CDi, and a few Nintendo games being on smartphones, there hasn't been another Nintendo game on a videogame console that wasn't made by Nintendo. At least not that I know of.

Will there be a W101 port? Probably. But it'll only be on a Nintendo console. I mean the Switch is doing fantastic. Why would they want to put one of their IPs on another console?

And since when is 4chan considered a reliable inside resource?

Sorry boys and girls. Wanna play a Nintendo IP? Better get a Switch.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.