• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
I love Gamexplain seriously it was like a little slice of Nintendo power still lives on. I also love how passionate and genuine they are in their discussion.

I wouldn't mind RogersBase joining the crew, however he's at his best when he's not being so extra, dial it down Roger...

If you guys didn't know they do a fun podcast too which is great to listen to as you get to know them better.

Much success and more to come!

Last edited:

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats GX crew! You're in the Millionaire's Club!

FinishedDevotedKoodoo-size_restricted.gif

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
GameInformer gave a shout out to your Luigi's Mansion 3 analysis! Sounds like they are big fans. Maybe we can see a collab or discussion one day!

At 58:27 ish:

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was following the saga of SMM2 analysis rendering with bated breath

happy to see it's finally done and uploaded! This is a two sitting one for sure.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
GX's Sonic comparison video is the number three trending video on YouTube in the US right now.

Nuts!

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just need to say the games of the decade videos have been phenomenal. I personally don't typically care for GotX stuff but the ones GX are doing right now have made it fun and worthwhile.

The presentations are doing a great job at both making me feel nostalgic for the ones I played and want to give a second chance to the ones I missed.

Last edited:

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was just playing some GX videos in the background while working away today,

and Jonneh 's quick joke in each of the Byleth videos keeps catching me off guard

He can't keep getting away with this!!

I feel like I keep getting hoodwinked, but in great way lol

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Happy 10th Anniversary to Gamexplain. Congrats on the one billion views. Here's to one billion more!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Echoing the congratulations! To think I remember watching GX back in high school and now I'm in medical school so many years later. Those Discussion videos brought me through a hell of a lot, so I'm grateful for them (and the rest of the content as well of course).

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Happy 10th Anniversary to Gamexplain. Congrats on the one billion views. Here's to one billion more!

Echoing the congratulations! To think I remember watching GX back in high school and now I'm in medical school so many years later. Those Discussion videos brought me through a hell of a lot, so I'm grateful for them (and the rest of the content as well of course).

Aww thank you both so much! Crazy that it's been 10 years already...(and that it's enough time to go from high school through medical school! 😱)

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

What a great way to cap off the anniversary. Number one almost made me shed a tear because those Smash Wii U discussions are so near and dear to my heart. I've seen them each at least half a dozen times, and I'm not even exaggerating lol

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Thread doesn't see a lot of love, but Congrats to Jon and his fiancé. His fiancé is pregnant just posted on twitter.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Jon needs a Panel de Pon intervention

for real though I hope you guys do some streams of this, it's a ton of fun to watch

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Thread doesn't get a lot of love, but congrats to Derrick and Amy. Amy is pregnant just posted on twitter.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Now I feel for Yakuza not doing well in their poll. Derrick could have learned so many valuable life lessons from Daddy Kiryu.

(Congrats to Derrick and Amy!)

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
hold the phone I always just kind of thought he was like... late 20's

Best of luck you far-younger-than-I-thought-man, you

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Thanks everyone! Still got a little time so we'll try and make the most of it

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Thanks everyone! Still got a little time so we'll try and make the most of it
Ah, I only just saw the news in a Youtube comment. Shame to see you go, love your videos.
Anyway, good luck Jon! Whether you'll still be making content or not (though if you end up doing more videos sometime in the future, I will definitely check them out).
I suppose we will find out soon enough in the inevitable Minnmax video :P

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
God, with really the most prominent GX members leaving..... I can really only think that is has gotten awful to work there. With Jon needing basically 2 jobs to support himself and his baby, and with Derrick leaving..... I really think things have gotten a bit odd there.
Listening to episode 208 of the podcast was also... a bit unnerving.

I definitely don't think any one person is at fault, but I think the channel got ahead if itself. Which is a good and bad thing. I definitely will support Derrick and I have actually been a huge fan of Nintendo life for a bit too. But man. Things seem to not be good. I would have thought that Derrick at the very least, would have some huge part of sway. But it seems like he was creatively shackled.

also, really. I will still watch them, especially for Joey. But man has their content taken a hit a lot of times. Like a lot of their analysis's our basically just top 10s. It's no better than the top 10 things you missed schlock you see at stuff like IGN. I always thought GX was above that..... I don't know. I will stick around a little bit more. But man. Idk what to think with Derrick leaving,

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn this is insane. I assumed he was just on leave for the pregnancy as he alluded to on the podcast. I didn't think it would be a permanent departure.I wonder if he saw growth in Twitch and decided that was just a much better avenue for money than youtube.

Regardless, good luck and godspeed to Derrick.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I think everyone expected Derrick to leave GX, the writing was on the wall for a month or two. The moment Derrick said he wanted to start streaming on his own channel and make partner I was like "yep he's gone", especially when GX announced 3 new members in the span of like a month.