• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Who here is simply hating on someone because of their wealth? This criticism is coming out of nowhere. People are criticizing because of the things someone says or not using their platform properly (or coddling to racists). If you have a problem with that, then say it, don't hide behind "wow you guys must hate rich successful people".

Don't @ me.
I specifically quoted a post that sarcastically said don't be mean to millionaires, as if being a millionaire is automatically a bad thing. So I asked why that was the case. And eat the rich is a common sentiment I've seen on this board. Mods even had to start banning people for talking about executing the rich.

I don't even like Matpat...but him being a millionaire has nothing to do with it. Yet for whatever reason, we always hear about how wealthy an individual is prior to bashing them or when calling out someone defending them.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised at all the posters rushing to his defense and wanting to shit on era as a whole for no reasons. He doesn't deserve any defense especially when he's backing pewdiepie.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I specifically quoted a post that sarcastically said don't be mean to millionaires, as if being a millionaire is automatically a bad thing. So I asked why that was the case. And eat the rich is a common sentiment I've seen on this board. Mods even had to start banning people for talking about executing the rich.

I don't even like Matpat...but him being a millionaire has nothing to do with it. Yet for whatever reason, we always hear about how wealthy an individual is prior to bashing them or when calling out someone defending them.

So one off shitposters and people that got banned by the mods are "Era"? I think the fact that they got banned speaks Era's values more than your post. But also, why should I care so much that the poor millionaire is being attacked? At the end of the day, he deserves some legitimate criticism.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
So one off shitposters and people that got banned by the mods are "Era"? I think the fact that they got banned speaks Era's values more than your post. But also, why should I care so much that the poor millionaire is being attacked? At the end of the day, he deserves some legitimate criticism.
Well I wasn't talking to you with my original quote so if you have legit criticism with someone than I have no problem with you expressing that, even if they're rich. Like I said, I myself don't like Matpat nor was I ever defending him here. It just has nothing to do with him being a millionaire.

I also didn't say that those people make up Era as a whole, I said it was a common sentiment and it became a big enough deal that the mods had to address the more extreme examples, which was good. I did not generalize the site, nor do I believe everyone here is like that.

So what if he's a millionaire, if I had money(big if)I would feel just as shitty if someone said something about me online.

But whatever, I guess you have to expect to be shitted on if you "make it"
What this poster said it pretty much how I feel. I don't understand why being a millionaire makes it OK to treat people harshly is all.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
So what if he's a millionaire, if I had money(big if)I would feel just as shitty if someone said something about me online.

But whatever, I guess you have to expect to be shitted on if you "make it"

I don't understand what's wrong with criticizing someone who made a lot of money off trite analysis.

"What if the Game Theory YT channel was dead the whole time?"

Mod post - get back on topic and cut out the derail

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This thread is meant to house a discussion on how YouTube is affecting the games industry, it is not a thread meant to house metadiscussion about the community or a discussion on wealth inequality.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't aware YouTube had tightened up so much, even censoring the E3 coverage. I heard some noise about changes and thought it was just same old complaints, they've really put the prison walls up, incredible.

Definitely changes things in how they've worked in recent times but I think game coverage will find a way of sorting itself out

I felt TLOU got a huge boost from YouTube back then.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't aware YouTube had tightened up so much, even censoring the E3 coverage. I heard some noise about changes and thought it was just same old complaints, they've really put the prison walls up, incredible.

Definitely changes things in how they've worked in recent times but I think game coverage will find a way of sorting itself out

I felt TLOU got a huge boost from YouTube back then.
there are roumers going around that google plans to remove children's content on to its own platform. it seems like even google is starting to relize that they went way to far. that being said, even if google relizes it will be months before any changes are seen.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
there are roumers going around that google plans to remove children's content on to its own platform. it seems like even google is starting to relize that they went way to far. that being said, even if google relizes it will be months before any changes are seen.
Maybe Google should just do the big snap on the entire site and slowly add in more reputable channels.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Google should just do the big snap on the entire site and slowly add in more reputable channels.
feel like that might end up being a anti trust issue. google by far is the main site for hosting personal videos. thought they could side step that, if they allowed private hosting, and only let a small hand selected group be public/monetized.