• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Wait, THAT'S what the picture is?! Oh my god, I thought it was a very questionable picture to use, but this is straight up disgusting.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Looking at the 'artist' in questions submitted NFT's, they posted what look like a whole lot of AI generated pieces.
Its someone with no fucking conscience just trying to scam everyone.

When I tried that DALL-E thing on Discord to try generating AI art, I noticed quite a few requests including the keyword "NFT". There's nothing they can't ruin.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
This is fucking disgusting, but I feel like people who are into NFTs probably think it's the most hilarious thing of all time.

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017
"Editions:2/25 available"

Can someone explain...? Doesn't that kinda defeat the "purpose" of the nft?

Dec 30, 2020
That is full on The Magic Christian finale where people are diving into a massive vat of shit for money. I hope Gamestop goes under and stays dead.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Vile, vile, vile.

This needs to make the news - like what in the actual fuck.

Vandal Deca

Oct 21, 2018
An entire economy built around artificial scarcity, except without even the pretense of an object that has any intrinsic value. It's like commercializing the sale of fine art, but without the "fine" and a bare minimum of the "art".

If a company has decided that providing a marketplace for the sale of this existential emptiness is their best move, then I have no further use for said company.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
Gamestop should manadate a verification system when you have to send it to your mom and then explain it to her before you can post it.

"I'm very disappointe in you Jules. I raised you better than this!"
"But mooooommm! My tech bro friends are making it rich off these I want to be an ape too!"
"Jules I raised you human you will not become no damn monkey!"

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
On top of everything else about this imagine thinking a dumb 4chan shitpost could appreciate in value.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
There is a report button. Reported.
Wait, I need a wallet to report? I guess no report.

Also people are fools. It was minted for $30 and is being traded for a thousand now. Are people this stupid?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
You can type out a report, I did that. I don't know if it actually sends though.

Kind of fitting for an NFT market, anyway. Remember when OpenSea took down the ability to report art theft because there was too much of it going down for them to bother dealing with?

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Fucking disgusting. I remember seeing this on TV at some point back during 9/11 growing up and to this day it still haunts me. For whatever reason I have pretty limited memories of my childhood and early teens but this one plagues me. Fuck this piece of shit.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Web3 is genuinely a mistake. Between the "meta-slaves" NFTs and this, the whole field is just disrespectful and tasteless grifts. I don't see it going down, I doubt that GameStop with intervene here.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
somehow i had never seen the original, and didn't know it had a name. i've seen pictures and video of people from the news and such but never that one.

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
It will be a nice moment of schadenfreude when gamestop inevitably fails, doing literally anything but making a better business.

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
Just gross. So many gaming companies looking to get in on these scams based on investors willing to turn a blind eye to this stuff as long as they get in on the ground floor.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting, but I can't say I'm that surprised. We have a generation of people who grew up with the internet and weren't alive when 9/11 occurred.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Tbh I dont know if anyone needs to step up nationally. I'd prefer if we got more secondhand gaming stores akin to vinyl shops and used book stores. Probably a bit to optimistic though.
If limited run wanted to expand out of Raleigh I'd be all for it. You need bespoke shops to carry some of the more niche things the big chains won't .

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
What the actual fuck? Is this the way GameStop wants to be remembered when they crater within the next year? I'm all for edgy humor, but to profit of it is a new low. Even for GameStop.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Also people are fools. It was minted for $30 and is being traded for a thousand now. Are people this stupid?

Most nft sales are either between friends or someone with multiple wallets to artificially create value.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Is this how inferior they've become? To twist that image, to make a joke about it and then sell it. That's beyond vile.