• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't about "gamers". This is just a guy who has reached his breaking point. When i saw this on facebook it was said that he was pissed that they wouldn't give him a refund. Not that it was about disliking the game.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, trashing that shop will surely teach those horrible game devs a lesson!

Fuck, some people are just hopeless. Entitlement taken to the extreme coupled with being a fucking psycho. Hope someone trashes his house in return

Starting to question who's behind the keyboard that push this "an unsatisfied customer is entitled" narrtive.

This guy was nuts, make no mistake, but to imply that someone who PAYS for a service is somehow entitled when they are not pleased with it is absolutely insane.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't about "gamers". This is just a guy who has reached his breaking point. When i saw this on facebook it was said that he was pissed that they wouldn't give him a refund. Not that it was about disliking the game.

Well, considering he trashed the store over a refund on a video game I'd say it's definitely about gamers. Imagine being angry enough over a game to knock over a bunch of shit because you couldn't get a refund.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I dont get it... like, there was a beta really close to release, you could play the game and see if was worthy. The only one he could be mad is at himself (thinking about it, he probably was).

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, considering he trashed the store over a refund on a video game I'd say it's definitely about gamers. Imagine being angry enough over a game to knock over a bunch of shit because you couldn't get a refund.
I want you to reread this post you just made, but replace the word 'gamers' with the phrase 'this individual man's personal and social dysfunctions', and observe how much more sense your post suddenly makes

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ple-store-smashes-iphones-dijon-a7339311.html

Fucking phoners.

https://nypost.com/2011/07/11/drunken-jobless-actor-trashes-late-show-theater/

Fucking actors.

https://boston.eater.com/2012/3/5/6608457/guy-trashes-south-station-mcdonalds-counter

Fucking eaters.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210836196699653&id=1793478433

Here's the video of them wrecking shop. The clerk tells him their policy first.
F62eejy.gif

I can see this becoming an incredibly popular reaction gif in the future.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
#toxicgamers lmao

Seriously this is terrible, guy should be arrested. How can you return a game and how is it gamestops fault that the game is ass?

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gamers are a mistake

Hyperbole much?

Some of you need a reality check, yes some gamers are toxic, but so are book readers, movie watchers, or any hobby. I'm not going to stop playing games just because some other people are asshats.

Edit: can't even tell who's serious or just being funny.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely would've ended up starting a fight if I was in the store while he was doing this because when he was leaving I would been singing "Take me home, country roads..."

Don't see me wrecking shit after buying Operation Raccoon City for full price.

I thought they had a 7 day return policy?

EB Australia will return a game and give a refund no questions asked within 7 days.
thought they got rid of that out here because people were treating Gamestops like a free rental store.

NeoandGeo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
FO3 was great for its time, Fallout NV was far ahead of its time (at least on the PC). 4 rode the wave of rose tinted glasses and 76 is just a WTF moment.

Oct 27, 2017
He's angry over the $60 he isn't getting back. He's probably like me and returned tons of games that he didn't like to Gamestop not realizing that the policy only applies to used games.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Yeah but the best part is the super cool headed clerk. Dude is either a pro or he regularly sees some shit. Maybe both!

I'm guessing it's the latter while leaning towards both. There's no shock from the clerk at which would to show that they're just not phased by these situations. Which you can tell by how calm they are on the phone.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you not get refunds for games at GameStop? Just wondering in general. Obviously the customer has some other issues, I'm glad no one was hurt.
Nobody lets you return digital media. Games. Movies. CDs. Been like that forever. The only thing you can do is exchange. Anywhere that I can think of. Best Buy. Walmart. GameStop.

Oct 27, 2017
That...that doesn't excuse trashing the store?
I'm not trying to excuse trashing the store. Nor, do I care about that. The store is fine. They cleaned the shit up and will be back to business as usual tomorrow. It was an overreaction. But this happens in retail. I've seen it when I managed a grocery store for fuck's sake. It's not a Gamer thing. It's just another pissed off consumer.

Edit To be clear, it is not okay to trash stores. That was never my point.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210836196699653&id=1793478433

Here's the video of them wrecking shop. The clerk tells him their policy first.

Okay, I laughed. GameStop's shit is so cheap and easy to break, and then the ending with him walking out and the manger on phone, "hello sir, how can I help you today!?" Timing was perfect.

Hope dude pays for damages though. Very unacceptable.

Can you not get refunds for games at GameStop? Just wondering in general. Obviously the customer has some other issues, I'm glad no one was hurt.

Full refunds for video games are only when the game is unopened and in plastic. If the game was opened, you can only get replacement or sell it for way less than you bought it. GameStop will refund a preowned game bought up to 7 days after purchase I believe.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do all gamestop have the same layout, this look like the same layout here in MD.
Virtually, yeah. Registers opposite the door with a gift card rack not too far from them, games on the left and right walls, and a bunch of shit in the middle with demos closer to the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.