• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
There may still be hope. I got a gamestop Xbox bundle that day, and the gift card supposedly $20 also showed the full balance. I didn't even get a shipping confirmation, but the XSX has arrived a few days later. (at purchase, the X bundle was estimated to be shipped immediately, which made my anxiety a lot less than OP)

stangthang26

Aug 15, 2018
I know that, but this user ordered the bundle, got a gift card too, but still got the bundle. They said that the bundle comes with a gift card, so the OP probably got the digital giftcard when the bundle was shipping.

I hope this clears things up. Maybe OP will be able to see my journey and know that it works out.

stangthang26

Aug 15, 2018
A chargeback is not "ultra aggressive." It's literally for this situation. OP paid for something, and instead of refunding him the money when the seller (GS) could not produce the item, they kept his cash. If GS wants to say it was a glitch or something, they can explain that to the bank.

I agree, it takes no effort to call your bank and have them issue a chargeback. They'll take great care of the OP. Why on earth should they be doing anything else to help GameStop here? They're the ones who took his money, they can be the ones doing any legwork on fixing this if they want to. OP wants his money back, a chargeback will get it much faster.

Worst case scenario is GS blacklists that card. Which, OhNoAnyway.jpg on that one. Why would they even want to shop there again after the store tried to rob him of $600? I would never walk in again.
I'm sure OP is like me and his gift card is for like $20. It just shows the price of bundle, which is odd, but doing a chargeback will harm OP in the long run. I'm fairly confident that GameStop is sending OP his PS5 as we speak. He should sign up for the FedEx app to see if he has a label creation. Mine appeared in my FedEx app a few hours after the gift card hit my email.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I agree with the premise of your post, but CS hanging up on people is a minor reason why companies like Apple, Dyson, and Miele exist. It absolutely does happen and people end up sticking with premium brands like the aforementioned because of it.

(i've been hung up on by a major appliance manufacture TWICE, two big box retailers, a furniture store, and a newspaper CS in the last two years...)

nevertheless, OP should follow the spirit of your post and try to call in calm maybe a couple of times to see if it can be escalated, politely.
I've definitely been hung up on before for no reason talking to customer service. Either the person didn't understand what I was explaining or they were getting swamped but it does happen.

Keep calling back until you get someone that is willing to listen or will transfer you to someone who can fix the issue. There's a huge range of experience and problem solving capabilities that customer service reps have within big companies like gamestop.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I'm sure OP is like me and his gift card is for like $20. It just shows the price of bundle, which is odd, but doing a chargeback will harm OP in the long run. I'm fairly confident that GameStop is sending OP his PS5 as we speak. He should sign up for the FedEx app to see if he has a label creation. Mine appeared in my FedEx app a few hours after the gift card hit my email.
I'm getting the feeling he's found out that his experience is the same as yours, and ghosted the thread out of embarrassment.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
There is always something missing from a story involving this kind of situation. Would be nice if OP would update if it is infact a GC that came with the bundle.

"I've been banned and I did nothing wrong!" VERY similar to all those kinds of threads...

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
YMMV, but GameStop can refund cash from a gift card. They did it for me on the spot when they overcharged me for the One X. Have them call corporate office and they should be able to help you out. Shitty part is having to go In person to get it done.

OGM_Madness

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2019
I would definitely go to the store and ask to talk to a manager. Print the email if you can and the card statement or whatever. And tell them that you would have to do a chargeback on the card, unless they can revert the charge themselves or offer taking cash back for the card.

Lawyer. BBB. Don't stop until you get your money on your card.

lawyer? A little too much, don't you think?

"Congrats! Here's your $600 back. Also, here is the $700 invoice for my services."

faint

Oct 27, 2017
The OP was likely calling CS and screaming at them given he openly threatened to harass employees in a store and yet you have folks here saying "CS hanging up on people is part of the job." Absolute clowns.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
got short changed this morning at the bodega. might fuck around and do a couple chargebacks.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did op really just ghost us or is their response in here somewhere?
Ghosted, not a peep from OP although they've been active. Hi, OP!

This thread is really typical ERA hysterics, from OP threatening to harass retail employees all the way to everyone advising chargebacks before having a full understanding of the situation.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Ghosted, not a peep from OP although they've been active. Hi, OP!

This thread is really typical ERA hysterics, from OP threatening to harass retail employees all the way to everyone advising chargebacks before having a full understanding of the situation.
OP come back. You can blame it all on Era. Op charge back

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Oh man this fool got an email like I did when I just did the recent Xbox series x bundle. It said the full amount but when you check it it's the $20 gift card from the bundle. Hahaha

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man I can't even order from GameStop.com right now. Trying to pre-order Monster Hunter Rise amiibo which are GameStop exclusive and when I get to the billing address screen it's saying my email address is required. But the email address box isn't a text field so I can't type anything in there lol. Tried the address book in my profile and there's no spot for my email address there. Also, the site says you get free shipping on orders over $35, and the two amiibo are $39.99, and yet it wants to charge me $5.99 for shipping for each amiibo. WTF.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know whether OP made an innocent mistake or gamestop is at fault, they should take a temp ban if there isnt any update soon.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
What if OP
went to GameStop to harass
and found out the people working
weren't in the mood for sass

OP might actually be at the hospital
with a beaten ass.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the chargeback is a little old thing we
can instill forever
chargeback baby
(chargeback baby)

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
apolgy for bad english it is my first languagen't
where were you when ps5 order die
i was at house eating dorito when phone ring
"ps5 is gift card"
"no"

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
You usually want to be careful with chargebacks, but it seems fine here and is probably the go-to option.

Maybe put that gift card away in a drawer somewhere, then in a couple years when your old credit card expires, give the gift card a shot to see if it still works (assuming GS is even still around).

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Wow, that's messed up. But it fits the picture, it's into why I stopped buying at Gamestop years ago. I completely ignore them, no matter what deals they have. I would rather have waited a few more months than buying a PS5 from Gamestop.

Op update
OP
OP
duxstar

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017
Ok here's an update on what happened, and the story has a slightly better ending than we had originally thought.

So here's what Happened exactly

I ordered it from gamestop and it was the $620 bundle that included a Playstation 5, a Controller, a headset AND a $20 gift card. Like I said above they never gave me a confirmation email but I did get an order number and was never charged. On friday I got this email and was charged $680

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ph9i92hch0w8gCADzWBKXEX8yP1WQKUn/view?usp=sharing

So Naturally I was like what the fuck, and thats when I made this post.

Well here's where everything got messed up; I never got a confirmation from them they were shipping, and it turns out that it's all a big glitch in their system, and for some reason they added the price of the PlayStation 5 to the gift card in the email, and the gift card isn't actually worth $620 but is just a $20 gift card. I actually have a PS5 thats in processing and according to them should be on the way by Tomorrow (According to them)

It took me a few hours to hear back from customer service and I was out with the girlfriend for the weekend, but figured I'd updated it, so yeah it was confusing as fuck and I was furious until Saturday night, thinking of what I can do, because I've honestly never charged anything before, but I guess in the end its a win for me since I secured a PS5 without knowing it ?

padsports

Oct 28, 2017
Good for you, OP.

Next in line: Some poor soul opening the thread "Gamestop just gave my PS5 Pre-Order away!!1"

stangthang26

Aug 15, 2018
Ok here's an update on what happened, and the story has a slightly better ending than we had originally thought.

So here's what Happened exactly

I ordered it from gamestop and it was the $620 bundle that included a Playstation 5, a Controller, a headset AND a $20 gift card. Like I said above they never gave me a confirmation email but I did get an order number and was never charged. On friday I got this email and was charged $680

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ph9i92hch0w8gCADzWBKXEX8yP1WQKUn/view?usp=sharing

So Naturally I was like what the fuck, and thats when I made this post.

Well here's where everything got messed up; I never got a confirmation from them they were shipping, and it turns out that it's all a big glitch in their system, and for some reason they added the price of the PlayStation 5 to the gift card in the email, and the gift card isn't actually worth $620 but is just a $20 gift card. I actually have a PS5 thats in processing and according to them should be on the way by Tomorrow (According to them)

It took me a few hours to hear back from customer service and I was out with the girlfriend for the weekend, but figured I'd updated it, so yeah it was confusing as fuck and I was furious until Saturday night, thinking of what I can do, because I've honestly never charged anything before, but I guess in the end its a win for me since I secured a PS5 without knowing it ?

I'm glad it worked out OP! To save yourself even more anxiety download the FedEx app and enter your address. It'll let you know where it's at and roughly when it should arrive.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Glad you didn't follow the majority of this thread's advice on rushing to chargeback without fully understanding the situation.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
91EDI7zrnHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
A few times he's been around that track
So it's not just gonna happen like that
'Cause OP ain't no chargeback girl
OP ain't no chargeback girl