• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Immaculate

Oct 27, 2017
UPDATE: THEY FIXED IT, IT'S DEAD

Not sure if this is allowed sorry if it isn't just a PSA I guess

gamestop.com

Gamestop seems to have messed up and every game is REALLY cheap right now. Orders are still going through but we'll likely be cancelled its worth a shot though. You can do store pick up as well

3Qsic6v.png

Last edited:

lonnie413

Jul 9, 2018
The store pick up orders are just HOLD REQUESTS™, they don't reserve you the price just the item.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, everything is super borked. It looks like it's applying some ThinkGeek promo of $50 off anything over $49.99 which.....doesn't seem accurate lol. Maybe some sort of individual user promo that got flagged for everyone site-wide or something? At the checkout screen it also took Fire Emblem down from $9.99 to 0.00 for some reason, and it only charged me for shipping. It also wouldn't let me checkout with a credit card, I had to use Paypal.

100% these will get cancelled, but figured I'd give it a go because why not.

Jun 22, 2019
Normally I'd jump at discounts like these, but I find the chance of GS sticking to those prices ("free" in some cases, lol) so unlikely that I'm not gonna bother.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah when I went to check out, Breath of the wild was just free and only had to pay shipping. These are definitely gonna get canceled

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017
Damn, was about to check out with Fire Emblem and Mario Maker 2 and the prices reverted.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Was able to place one order at least for Resident Evil 2 and Samurai Shodown, here's hoping.

Jun 22, 2019
Anybody who snuck an order in quick enough, make sure to let us know if it works out.
Amazon is so big it allows price errors to go through on a regular basis, but GS tends to penny-pinch so much that I can't see them doing the same.
However, if you get your games and only had to pay shipping... well, I'm definitely not gonna dawdle next time!

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
They just fixed it you may have gotten lucky. I had 30 games in my basket and they all reverted to normal price.
I had like 7 things in my cart and the discounts were being split amongst everything so most were full price. When I dropped it down to 2 things then it had the discounts and both were free. Granted, that was like 15 mins ago so might be dead now.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
only thing I managed to order for "free" was No Man's Sky, cause I wanted to try the VR.

local store isn't open for 2 hours, so I'm sure I'll get a cancellation email soon.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I got in Fire Emblem for store-pickup before it got fixed, I'll see if it works if I don't get a cancellation email by the time I go to lunch lol

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
the one time i don't check era before leaving for work

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ordered a gaming statue and vinyl figure for free. I highly doubt it'll process but would be nice if it did.

Gangrel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I did the pay online thing and it had the price as $0, it'll probably be canceled but hey, why not try
Damn, I didn't see a pay online option for in store pickup. Just asked for my contact info and there was a hold button. :/ Hopefully the stuff I ordered to be shipped slips through.

OP
OP
Immaculate

Immaculate

Oct 27, 2017
My online order I had shipped to me updated to preparing to ship but I doubt that means anything

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Canada never gets this good shit anymore. That's just my luck for getting that free Sailor Moon DVD.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I posted about this on a Discord thread a few hours ago, and Wario64 didn't even post about it. I just came across it because I had a sudden urge to trade in some stuff and rebuy a Switch (the newer longer battery model).

I managed to get in Smash Ultimate and Mario Maker 2 together for only a little over $21, and got the "Your Order has been received" email. I'll go in tomorrow to see if they honor it, if not no biggies.

EditorWiki

Jan 10, 2018
Price matched this deal with Sears (brought a patio set and got tons of points installments and had some giftcards) with a rep and the rep allowed it, first order. I tested my luck and went back to a new rep hoping for a second PM deal, price matching some headphones (diff item) from GS to Sears but right when the rep opened the GS link, deal was fixed that second. Wonder if others PM'd with other stores?