• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I knew it, 2021. I hope it gets ported to Xbox sooner rather than later (unless its a full exclusive?).

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
didn't square just get done describing covid as a sudden stop?

this would have to be REALLY far along in order to still make 2021

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
picking this magazine up is useless when SE's official teaser site is launching at the end of October.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
PS5 line up is starting to look like the PS2 2nd year line up, in terms of quality titles I mean.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
So does Sony owns this magazine or not? I'm getting conflicting answers in this thread.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Not even XV got a full Switch release, no way this would ever get one
Luminous was a tricky engine - there's a reason their other projects at that time switched to Unreal, which is definitely more easily scalable. But yeah, XVI isn't coming to Switch - it's pushing the next-gen hardware supposedly. VII Remake might though.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
didn't square just get done describing covid as a sudden stop?

this would have to be REALLY far along in order to still make 2021

My general take was that was when COVID first hit Japan, that really froze all development for a good month or two. FFXIV gave us a pretty good insight into how that panned out at SE, they needed about 2 months to transition the team into WFH and to operate at a good enough level. Since XVI is similarly under CBU3, that's probably a good guess at how much of a hit they took as well.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Luminous was a tricky engine - there's a reason their other projects at that time switched to Unreal, which is definitely more easily scalable. But yeah, XVI isn't coming to Switch - it's pushing the next-gen hardware supposedly. VII Remake might though.
Maybe, but we have heard literally nothing about VIIR other versions, really thought they would've announced the PC/Xbox versions by now

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
So does Sony owns this magazine or not? I'm getting conflicting answers in this thread.
Nah, they (and OXM and ONM before they were discontinued) are owned by Future plc. The official part will just be a licensing thing.

Also, where did all of this "It's coming to GamePass later" come from? Y'all realize a game going to PC later doesn't automatically mean it's going to GamePass right?

Tbf, that's probably based on pretty much all of Square's Japanese games that arrived on Xbox (various Final Fantasies, Kingdom Hearts, NieR Automata, DQXI) went into Game Pass.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Not really, just one hurts me while the other benefits me. I don't care which billion dollar company is doing what, just let me play on my goddamn pc in a timely manner. I don't know what the fuck is going on with FF7.
That's exactly what it means. If you are against money hats on principal, you would not reward any company that does it, period. Pardon my crudeness but your attitude is basically "Fuck you, got mine".

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
That's exactly what it means. If you are against money hats on principal, you would not reward any company that does it, period. Pardon my crudeness but your attitude is basically "Fuck you, got mine".
Yeah, sure you can say it like that I don't care. They're all gonna do it anyway and I'm not gonna boycott the entire industry, never said any of it was good. But I'm sure as hell gonna go with the one that isn't fucking me over.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
They're just behind on info. They don't have new stuff. No way they already know about the release date.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Yeah, sure you can say it like I don't care. They're all gonna do it anyway and I'm not gonna boycott the entire industry, never said any of it was good. But I'm sure as hell gonna go with the one that isn't fucking me over.
Feel free to side with any company you want. This isn't directed at you but just don't criticize another company's wrongdoings while supporting one that does the same thing. I don't criticize MS whenever they moneyhat something because that'd make me a hypocrite.

Also, just to cover my bases, expressing disappointment is not the same as criticizing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.