• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mangdo

Banned
Sep 18, 2020
Miyazaki x GRRM linkup should produce something legendary... I hope it's coming soon.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Gonna work myself up the microsoft corporate ladder so I can play too! Now, first to get a job at Microsoft...

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
I know people are joking, but I honestly hope FROM will remain independent (and tbh I don't see how/why they'd accept any offer, as opposed to Zenimax).

That said, I would love a Game Pass partnership of some form!
Simply because I'm not really into their games (tried Dark Souls a few times and it never clicked), but I would definitely give Elden Ring a shot if it was on the service.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
76o5wSJ.gif

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, watch the interview, Tam goes in hard about Halo, great questions from him. Asks Phil Halo's current space in gaming as opposed to Bungie Era Halo, and where does he (Phil) think Halo should be.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
well, this is the AAA game i'm most excited for... can't wait to finally see it and know more about it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I know people are joking, but I honestly hope FROM will remain independent (and tbh I don't see how/why they'd accept any offer, as opposed to Zenimax).

That said, I would love a Game Pass partnership of some form!
Simply because I'm not really into their games (tried Dark Souls a few times and it never clicked), but I would definitely give Elden Ring a shot if it was on the service.
From are owned by a fairly large Japanese media corporation already. They are just hands off/not super into game publishing, which is why From work with or go through game publishers.

Monodrone

Nov 1, 2017
Elden Ring is gonna be sooo good.
Phil should get From Software to make a new Otogi game in the same vein as From Softwares latest games. I cant even imagine a "mythical Dark Souls" with destructible environments which reset every time you rest at a "bonfire". Would be the ultimate showcase for next-gen.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
huh I guess this pretty much confirms what we suspected

Microsoft is buying SEGA

Raigor

May 14, 2020
"As somebody who's played all of Miyazaki's games over at least the last decade, this is clearly the most ambitious game that he's done," he says. "I mean, I love his games, but seeing some of the gameplay mechanics stuff that he's tackling, he and the team are tackling this time, of the setting, working with another creator in terms of story. I love it."

The other creator Spencer mentions is, of course, Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin, who has worked on the story for the upcoming open world game.

According to Spencer, Elden Ring is Miyazaki "expanding his horizons." He also says that leaves the room while Spencer plays. "I think that's because I'm a bad player, and then when he comes back we'll have a conversation about things that I think," he says. "He's so passionate about what he does. It's one of the things I just love about getting to work with him on some of these games and seeing them come to our platform."

www.gamespot.com

Phil Spencer Has Played "Quite A Bit" Of Elden Ring, Calls It Miyazaki's "Most Ambitious Game"

Phil Spencer has played the Dark Souls director's next game, and he's very impressed by it.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Big acquisition energy here.

Show the game. I don't want generic impressions he's flexing on us...

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Please keep your massive checkbook away from them

Seriously...this is the one game I would legit be upset about. I appreciate the update by Spencer but I feel uneasy because of their recent spending habits.

Also don't think I'd buy a Xbox for it so soon. Plan on getting one for the new Elder Scrolls but that's years out...

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
Imagine him coming out and saying it doesn't look good and that it's Miyazaki's least impressive game yet.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I really want to see what From Software does with an open world like the one they are teasing.

After playing Hades it made me want From to tackle their own roguelike since I think the formula will work.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
User Banned (2 weeks): Trolling, multiple prior infractions for trolling and console wars
Didn't he say the same thing about Halo?

Really can't wait for Elden Ring though.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Considering that they're owned by Kadokawa that's probably a stretch. Unless Microsoft just decided to buy Kadokawa wholesale.
EET'S not serious. But, you did make me look up Kadokawa. What a sprawling corp - they touch a little bit of a lot of stuff, and so little of it is relevant in the West. Though, the idea of MS publishing manga does tickle my fancy.

Anyway, it seems that buying out pieces of Kadokawa (though.. this is a pretty unique situation) isn't IMPOSSIBLE:
In April 2011, a group of companies consisting of Arkray, Seed Project, Dwango Creative School, Animelo Summer Life, 5pb. Records, and 5pb. Games merged under the parent company Mages. Inc. led by executive director Chiyomaru Shikura.[SUP][4][/SUP] In July 2019, Mages was acquired by Shikura's concept studio Chiyomaru Studio, with the goal of being more flexible and fast in its decisions as a company independent from their parent company Dwango and from the Kadokawa group. With that said, while Mages will no longer be a part of Kadokawa Group following the management buyout, it still expects to maintain the same favorable relationship with the Group that it has so far. Along with this buyout, the company intends to strengthen its branding by consolidating the 5pb. brand into Mages.[SUP][5][/SUP]

In March 2020, Colopl acquired Mages from Chiyomaru Studio for ¥1.612 billion (approximately US$14.92 million).

Not that I expect From to go the same way whatsoever haha ;)

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I can't stand Phil, but I'm glad the game is real and seemingly playable. They announced this one way too early.