• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Release Date

Nioh 2 is scheduled to release on March 14, 2020. It'll be a timed-exclusive for PS4 up until November when it'll then launch for PC.

Its from the Nioh 2: Length, Release Date, Impressions, Pre-Order Details, And What We Know So Far feature article published way back in February, 2020.

Does gamespot usually make these mistakes in these sort of articles or is this genuine news that we didn't notice at all lol. Either way I do expect it in November also just like with NiOh 1.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It would be weird for this game to not release on PC after the first one did, but is this GameSpot guide the only source there is for this?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Hopefully the keyboard/mouse controls are massively improved in the sequel.

It's not that hard.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
So same as Nioh 1.

Going to pick it up on PC this time because playing it on base PS4 is... uh, not great.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
This is the first I am hearing of this but it would make sense as the first game followed this format and came to PC in November as a complete edition once all the DLC dropped. I really enjoyed my time with Nioh 2 but I shelved until PC or PS5 because I just could not stomach the load times.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I feel like this isn't new information but its also the same source?

I mean it is totally getting a PC port but it might be delayed considering what's been going on.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
This game is legit, hope it will get ps5 patch too.

Yeah the game is legit...a legit disappointment it was. much easier than the first one thanks to burst counter and yokai skills, worse leveldesign, a bit too much reused stuff and an alarming lack of creative new ideas. for someone who played a lot of the first game it was "more of the same, but worse"

Team Ninja nerfed the game into oblivion after the beta and it wasn´t for the better, some bosses do less damage than the trash mobs and most bosses were oneshot material because their movesets are very simple.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It may not necessarily need one. I think the resolution and frame rate are unlocked in the 60fps mode so it may automatically benefit from boost mode on PS5.

Honestly a resolution increase is exactly what it needs. The game runs great and there are times it look quite good but it's very muddy looking due to the resolution.

Don't think the resolution would go higher just because of boost, there's no doubt a cap.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Great, been patiently waiting for this. Loved the first game.

I hope so too.
Yeah I expect the same. Release all the DLC for PS4 and then follow up with a GOTY Edition for PC just like NiOh 1.
Hopefully the keyboard/mouse controls are massively improved in the sequel.

It's not that hard.

Its very hard apparently since Koei have issues doing it! But either way I pray that someone like QLOC is doing the port cause i simply don't trust Koei to do it justice :(

It would be weird for this game to not release on PC after the first one did, but is this GameSpot guide the only source there is for this?
Nope, its the source for this thread. Its a feature article on NiOh 2 and it claims to have all the info on it a month before its release in March.

Last edited:

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great news for PC users, game is fantastic and the more people play it the better. Hoping to get some DLC news in the coming weeks, want to go back to this.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Koei Tecmo hasn't said anything about other platforms yet. It's definitely coming to PC at a later date (judging from the first game), but I don't know where GameSpot is getting November from. It's not citing any sources or inside knowledge, which leads me to believe this was posted in error / is simply using the release gap from the first game as precedent (which was February on PS4, November on PC).

Plus this is old. Pretty sure I saw this GameSpot post brought up here or elsewhere many months ago.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Sony publishes the game out of japan and gets a time exclusive, dont get whats wrong with it.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm slightly off topic here but is the first one worth playing? I enjoy a good third person action romp but I'm worried the combat will be too deep for me (as shallow as that sounds lol - I don't want a punishing experience I have to spend hours and hours learning).

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
When did 1 PC get announced? TGS? I expect the PC port get announced in September.

Lol whats wrong with saying fuck you to a faceless greedy corporation?
I guess I will start every thread by posting "Fuck off Sony", "Fuck off MS", "Fuck off Valve", "Fuck off Epic" without explaining why.
Please remember to defend me by saying nothing wrong with these posts.I think they are quality posts and self explanatory

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I haven't picked it up because i've been waiting on PC again.

I'm slightly off topic here but is the first one worth playing? I enjoy a good third person action romp but I'm worried the combat will be too deep for me (as shallow as that sounds lol - I don't want a punishing experience I have to spend hours and hours learning).

I enjoyed the first game and the combat only gets as deep as you want it to. I beat the whole game and didn't do anything crazy combat wise (Though the option is there).

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Nioh 2 is way better than the first one. You'll have a blast, PC players.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
When did 1 PC get announced? TGS? I expect the PC port get announced in September.

I guess I will start every thread by posting "Fuck off Sony", "Fuck off MS", "Fuck off Valve", "Fuck off Epic" without explaining why.
Please remember to defend me by saying nothing wrong with these posts.I think they are quality posts and self explanatory
I would defend you in a heartbeat. I'm not insane so I don't give a fuck about giant companies or take offense when someone curses at them.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020

It's self explanatory why that poster said fuck off Sony. Are you offended?