• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you dogpiling me right now are exhibiting cult-like behavior and the toxicity in this thread is through the fucking roof. It's especially concerning when I was simply asking a question based on a subjective observation about what *I* see and don't see without appealing to any normative statement.

Quit making yourslelf a victim. You made this thread attempting to platform war and got called out on it.

Oct 30, 2017
I was simply wondering whether the PS5 is punching above its weight or if the PC didn't get the remake treatment it deserves. When I say unoptimized, I'm referring to the rough framerate (frame pacing?) issues as well as the lack of new textures. When ultra PC settings show only subtle differences compared to the PS5, I'm going to think it hasn't been optimized to get the most out of the available resources, which is the literal dictionary definition of optimized. Moreover, I was asking a question, not making a statement.

Some of you dogpiling me right now are exhibiting cult-like behavior and the toxicity in this thread is through the fucking roof. It's especially concerning when I was simply making a subjective comment about what *I* see and don't see without appealing to any normative statement.

Ew, can you please leave your sexist jokes at the door?
1. This isn't a remake, it's a port. It's not a remaster, it's a port. The port team literally took the PS5 version of the game, translated it to PC, and added in several PC-typical graphical options. What you're suggesting is more inherent to the game's engine rather than the way the game operates or runs on a different piece of hardware.

There is no "cult-like" behavior going on in this thread. Either you're deciding to troll or just being obstinate, but numerous people took issue with your incorrect use of the word "optimized" and instead of listening, you dug your heels in and started delivering personal attacks to other members in this thread. You cannot try to obfuscate your own bad behavior in an attempt to deflect from your inaccurate opinion.

2. That poster was directing a playful comment at me. Again, stop trying to attack other members to deflect from your own conduct.

OP
OP
Kavalier_Clay

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
Quit making yourslelf a victim. You made this thread attempting to platform war and got called out on it.

Yo this dogpiling is getting out of hand. Can a mod please step in? I own a playstation, xbox, and a vr gaming pc. I'm not trying to start any platform war. Are users on resetera really emboldened to making assumptions about other users without any evidence??

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yo this dogpiling is getting out of hand. Can a mod please step in? I own a playstation, xbox, and a vr gaming pc. I'm not trying to start any platform war. Are users on resetera really emboldened to making assumptions about other users without any evidence??
This is insane, you literally did the same thing against another poster in this thread. And it's funny because if anyone has any skin in the game it's you.

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
But nobody cares how many systems you own, nor what they are. You clearly don't know what "optimization" means, got corrected on it multiple times, and are now trying to play the victim card instead taking the information that people were trying to give you, however brash some of it may have been, and learning from it. This isn't on anyone else here but you, I'm afraid.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
When is the DF video coming out? As far as I'm concerned only their videos matter when it comes to console+PC technical analysis.

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden

It was pretty obvious what you were trying to do, although I like the "I own all these systems, so I can't be biased" approach. :)

OP
OP
Kavalier_Clay

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
It was pretty obvious what you were trying to do, although I like the "I own all these systems, so I can't be biased" approach. :)

And which platform would you say my question leads you to think I'm biased towards? I'm not biased against the PS5 because I'm surprised it's going toe to toe with ultra settings on the PC. And I can't be biased against the PC because I'm clearly implying that the game doesn't really take full advantage of a high specced PC.

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
Lol

It's probably a lot more cleaner in person, but the PC version seemingly runs really well so it's anything but unoptimised. It's originally a PS4 exclusive, only so much you can do to improve it graphically without it taking a ton of time and resources.
You hit the nail on the head, some people expect too much lol, this is a ps4 port.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Seeing as the thread has been well and truly derailed from the outset I am locking this. Feel free to create a new one to discuss the graphical merits of GoW on PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.