• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that GameSpot knows anything, they would've make a separate article if this was an exclusive info from an insider

TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
That'd be disappointing. Since only GS is saying this it's still possible that it comes out sooner. We'll see.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Zero issues with this. Even having a demo is a miracle today, nothing obliges them to release it ASAP.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
obligatory

source.gif

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that is actually the worst possible scenario from all of this, lmao.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was always going to be the plan. Its why they embedded the 'BUY NOW' at the end of the demo and didnt fully scrub it thinking data miners would get at it. It was also placed on the server next to the full game before they took it down. Problem is they didnt change the plan after the leak.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Well I will day one this game so I don't care

At least there is a demo for those who still hesitate

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's real dumb. They already know fans are hungry enough to just buy it sight unseen, so why not give them a taste early?

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder where GameSpot got this info as Square Enix has said nothing.

I'll try to get in touch with Square Enix to find out.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Even happier it got leaked now. I did not expect a launch date demo at all, what's the point?

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I mean it doesnt seem confirmed that way at all, but also this is what I expected it to be anyway. It's just too generous a demo.

(Episode duscae was more like early access than a demo)

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
makes sense the full game leaked alongside it. damn dataminers made the wait a lot more excruciating for us.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Whyyyyy?! I have it pre-ordered but i wouldve played and replayed this demo until the full game to quench my thrist for it like i did with demos back on the ps2...

So is it just gonna sit on PSN's servers for 2 months or something now?

Dec 6, 2017
US
Cool, I'll give the demo a shot when it comes out. I haven't played an FF game since FF9 so I have no concept what these modern iterations even play like so I'm definitely not buying this Day 1. The episodic bullshit also turns me off majorly so this'd have to be a monumentally awesome demo for me to buy.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
that's awful. why do that. and dataminers got 3 months to mess about with it too, revealing full game spoilers.

Edit: wait this isn't confirmed? Rumour should be in the title anyway if it's just a Gamespot claim.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Makes sense. Try before you buy will benefit gamers new to this, old timers too.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
If true, this is such a dumbass decision on a massive scale. For such a major release, the logical reasoning would be to let everyone get a taste for the game we have waited a long time for. If it has something to do with the hacking, why punish the loyal fans? I honestly don't believe launch day demo is true, but I'm really hoping Square speaks publicly about this.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Maxilian was right that the dataminers probably had an effect if the demo didn't release or in this case seemingly delayed till launch.

squall211

Jan 24, 2018
I'm indifferent to this. I was always getting this day 1. Being able to try the demo would have been cool and all, but I have more than enough gaming to keep me busy between now and March 3rd.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
you mean that some people have had access to since before Christmas 2019 ?

fuck off SE lol

Mar 10, 2018
Things like this make me miss the days when gaming as a whole wasn't so damn corporatized. A lot of that communal spirit is gone. How cynical as a corporation do you have to be to release the demo of a game on the same day as the actual game itself. Get that dough SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.