• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JimmyJacking

Oct 28, 2017
Green lighting things like the adaptive controller while the bean counters were no doubt saying "this will never see a ROI"

.. can't help but agree this accolade is well deserved in the industry.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
As someone who was skeptical of GP and not a current subscriber I think it offers a lot of value if you have no backlog or are really casual, I think it's a great deal.

Nah, it adds value even if you're "hardcore" and have a backlog. I fit into both those camps and subscribe, and it's well worth the money imo. As well as MS exclusives hitting the service day one, there are so many cool games I've been introduced to, that I'd likely never have checked out, like Hue, Skyforce Anniversary for example. Not to mention 3rd party games like Mutant Zero arriving day one and PES 2019 a few months after release.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Nah, it adds value even if you're "hardcore" and have a backlog. I fit into both those camps and subscribe, and it's well worth the money imo. As well as MS exclusives hitting the service day one, there are so many cool games I've been introduced to, that I'd likely never have checked out, like Hue, Skyforce Anniversary for example. Not to mention 3rd party games like Mutant Zero arriving day one and PES 2019 a few months after release.
That's fair, I just prefer to buy the first party releases because as we are seeing the with Horizon 4 the monetization is gonna be different as well moving forward. The price is great right now because they want to herd in a bunch of subs, interested to see how this plays out a decade down the line. It has huge potential clearly.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Gamespass is probably the best investment I have ever made as a gamer. Just this month alone I've played ashen, below and mutant: year zero. The cost of those games alone equals the $60 I paid for a year of the service. The crazy thing is that I dont even like below and I got bored with ashen halfway through but since I didnt pay any money for those games directly I dont feel any sense of buyers remorse.

I got the one X back in june, it was my first entry into xbox this generation and the power of the machine combined with the convenience of gamepass has me neglecting my ps4 way more than I imagined I would.

GG Phil Spencer, you've done a great job turning the xbox brand around.

Oct 27, 2017
He's done great.

This gen was a write off after the xbone reveal. But he has started to get all the pieces into position for next gen, and things are looking great.

Nice job by him and his team

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He deserves recognition for giving us Gamepass alone, im playing a game like Below, something I thought i never would as its a curiosity rather then a need. Same goes for Ashen.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Deserved. Best exec in gaming and seems like a legit dude. He took the Xbox brand from the absolute pits to a fantastic platform to be invested in. Good job, Phil.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Deserved. Best exec in gaming and seems like a legit dude. He took the Xbox brand from the absolute pits to a fantastic platform to be invested in. Good job, Phil.
Yeah I think anyone can applaud the absolute dumpster fire that Mattrick caused to becoming an example to be followed that Phil produced as a testament to his work.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Am here for the salt. :-)

However I must say it is humbling to hear "we can do better" when asked at the GameAwards. Not sure Nintendo even said anything like that when the WiiU was out.

Aiustis

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cybertronic Purgatory
I love gamepass. I don't have time to play all the games, but I've been using gamepass to test and play games that I might one day buy. I would have never touched Forza if not for gamepass and I love it.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
He's done an amazing job righting the ship at Xbox for sure. The last pieces of the puzzle are a stream of quality first party content, and with all the studios they've been scooping up, they'll hopefully put those pieces in place within the next couple of years.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. When the Xbox One debuted, I said to myself "I'm never getting an Xbox console ever again." Phil and the team have done so much great work that I had to eat crow and buy an X. Fantastic hardware and services, I cannot wait for the first party software to become a powerhouse. That's the only thing missing.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Deserved. He's done a great job since he get the position, with the positive momentum continuing to build. Can't wait to see what next gen looks like under his leadership from the start.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Deserved. Even though I think the Xbox Exclusives situation this year and the last few has been pretty dire, I think this is a logical and fair pick, since in other aspects he's done an incredible job improving the system, it's features, services etc, and the acquisitions should at least help somewhat on the exclusives front a few years from now.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bringing the Xbox brand back on the right track, always super interesting to listen to also, you guys should listen to the GB interviews with him during E3 if you haven't already.

Well deserved.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
A bit tasteless, lol. First it was Kotaku, now GI.biz - the thing is, Sony actually hasn't run out of things to announce, since games get announced on the blog all the time, Shuhei says they have unannounced PS4 games in development and Dreams beta release timing was just announced, they just don't have what is considered impactful enough to fill a conference with. Why wouldn't Nintendo focus on one of their biggest games? Good article otherwise, though. Phil knows what it takes for a successful turnaround for Xbox. Poor year for its lineup, but all the right investments are being made.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
My monthly reminder that with Xbox rewards you can get games pass for free.

Aug 26, 2018
Congratulations to Phil.

Also feel Reggie & Shawn Layden have done a good job too. Shoutout to them!

Switch being the fastest selling console this gen is no small feat as well as PS4 continuing its fantastic sales and Exclusives.