• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Press information of gamescom

The gamescom organisers have updated their plans for this year: Even though the world's largest event for computer and video games will not take place for five months, some of the planned measures have already been announced in lig

After millions of fans throughout the world followed gamescom online last year, records are also expected to be surpassed in 2020. Koelnmesse and game – the German Games Industry Association jointly announced that gamescom will definitely take place at least in a digital format from 25 to 29 August. They say it will not be postponed. The same goes for the devcom developer conference (22 to 24 August), which starts off gamescom week

This seems to largely imply that they have no clue on if they can or not organize a large scale physical event at the tail end of August but that they're already anticipating that scenario by organizing a digital format of the convention at that date. Which seems to me like a good idea and a lot more prepared than what E3 has been doing.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
In recent years I've found myself looking forward to Gamescom more than E3. Good to see they have contingency plans in place.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine they don't want to be the ones kicking off a second wave of infections in the fall. Glad to see they are at least thinking about having the event, we're all going to need it.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Even if Corona "stops" at the end of July, I would do any conventions until at least for another two months just to be safe.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Even if they don't cancel the actual fair, i see many exhibitors cancelling their participation.

There are so many people in those halls during Gamescom, so many foreign attendees as both, visitors and exhibitors. It basically just needs a handful of people not aware they're infected for this to turn real bad.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
It's the age of streaming anyway. Do it.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
It doesn't matter if the spread stop before august, its not a good idea to go to any event this year.