• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I'm happy to hear that some devs love the architecture. Both consoles seem to have happy developers singing its praises. I really hope that we get some different experiences on both that play to their respective strengths.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it means in terms of ease of development rather than any technical capabilities.

Even in that regard. It's to be expected that they have learned from everything what happened before and from their own experiences.

Will something new always be designed better? No. But claiming so isn't in any way bold or special.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
tenor.gif

Oct 31, 2019
Well it was obvious to anyone who watched Mark Cerny's seminal 'Road to PS5' presentation but some people were hellbent on being unconvinced... let's see the games as proof then.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Is XSX getting the same sort of praise, and if so, why aren't people writing articles about that?

Even as a PS4 only guy it just seems weird to me

Dec 8, 2018
I mean we heard developers left and right praise the PS5 and even have a thread about it but always nice to get even more confirmation of it.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
On top of that, mobile CPUs are 4000 despite being the same architecture.
When people started talking about 4000 desktop series I assumed they were all confused. But nope, it's going to be a thing. Desktop 4000 series are a generation ahead of mobile 4000 series which are just mobile version of the desktop 3000 series. I think AMD is just trying to take some of the heat off intel and their 10xxx series.

IOTS

Dec 13, 2019
Developers have been constantly heaping praise on the PS5.
Cerny must have done a fantastic job .

MAL

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 25, 2020

We won't know until multi-plats come out.

we will see. First party games might impress more with sony's tech while third parties really shine on series x. Similar to the disparities between xbox 360 and ps3 releases. Though the series x is no sloucn so i expect those exclusives to be rather impressive as well
First party is a different matter surely, but if multi-plats are better on the competitor console, this article will look very stupid in hindsight.

Are you a developer? Fuck you gon "see?" Lmao

Shut your "I wear white airforce ones" looking ass up.

How dare you disrespect us armchair developers!

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Even in that regard. It's to be expected that they have learned from everything what happened before and from their own experiences.

Will something new always be designed better? No. But claiming so isn't in any way bold or special.
I guess given the difficulty of developing for the ps2/3 people want to know if they're continuing down the path of the ps4 and it's easier to develop for nature.

I agree though that a small paragraph plucked from an article isn't necessarily worth creating a new thread for!

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Didn't we hear same "Best shit ever!" hype from devs when current-gen was approaching?

To me that is just indication that HW and SW has kept evolving and improving, which is logical.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Excuse me? You think the differences will be on the level of 360 and PS3. Lmao
Yeah I really dont understand why people think theres going to be such a massive difference between the consoles.

Like, where are people getting this from???

I will say, as someone buying both consoles day 1, it's very odd that there are very few developers praising XSX in comparison to what we've seen with PS5.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
"A joy to develop for"

I hope developers are having as much fun making games for other consoles and PC!

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Next gen gonna be glorious, no loading screens, 3d audio, tons of shit on screen, 7 years went by real fast.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Neat include these links in OP, to spare this thread from rubbish gotcha takes. Thanks
Yeah, please could you do that Neat. I'll embed the tweets too so it's less likely for people to miss:
Andrea Pessino said:
Dollar bet: within a year from its launch gamers will fully appreciate that the PlayStation 5 is one of the most revolutionary, inspired home consoles ever designed, and will feel silly for having spent energy arguing about "teraflops" and other similarly misunderstood specs.
Jason Schreier said:
I don't know how many teraflops (lol) the PS5 has, but this is the sentiment I've heard from several technical-minded folks. One told me it was "the most exciting hardware in 20 years." Will be fascinating to see how it stacks up to the impressive Xbox Series X specs

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
And here I thought Cerny was just sightseeing around the world and trying out the various cultural bathtubs.
Guess he was actually working too, imagine that.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I love this stuff, only because it makes me interested in the under dog here, the XSX. I cant wait until both systems are out and the actual hardware is being tested.

Let's go !!