• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
The month is over so it's time to summarize what we accomplished in terms of gaming. Write in any format you like, rated, ranked, a list, mini-reviews etc. Correct spelling helps me when it's time to summarize last month's most played game.

September's most beaten game was Mario 64, seemingly mostly played on the Nintendo Switch, by a large margin. A total of 9 people finished it, many with all stars collected. Mario, who just turned 35, had a big month in general with practically all his mainline games having players. Congratulations, Mario!

260px-super_mario_64_box_cover.jpg

The second most played game was Mario Sunshine with 6 players followed by Marvel's Avengers with 5.

cover-art.jpg

For the second month in a row, the undisputed Era King of Gaming was KOfLegend, this month with 16 games beaten. Close behind him this month were Bear Patrol with 14 games and TheAnteroom with 12.
57983.jpg

57983.jpg

If you have any feedback about the thread, feel free to post here or send a PM!

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I beat the following this month:
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim | 10/05 | 7/10
  • Silent Hill 4: The Room | 10/08 | 5/10
  • Hades | 10/14 | 8/10

Hades was the clear winner this month. I loved it. Tonight I'm playing Visage -- I'm about halfway through. I will likely not finish it by tomorrow, but it is a good game to cap off the spooky month.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I've beaten 2 games this month.

1. Costume Quest - Fantastic little game that just pulls at your nostalgia.

2. Bioshock Infinite - Honestly, one of the best games I've ever played. Going to tinker with the DLC eventually.

I've beaten more games this year than I have in probably 11 years. I've beaten 6 so far, which might not be a lot to many, but that's a lot for me.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Quite a few this month and enjoyed all of them:

1. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
2. Star Wars: Squadrons
3. Hades
4. Dark Souls: Remastered
5. Super Mario Galaxy
6. Pumpkin Jack
7. Ghostrunner

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
I've beaten:

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey (started 2 months ago) | 8/10
  • Nights Into Dreams... (an amazing experience, that i wasn't expecting) | 10/10
  • Sonic Colors | 7/10
  • Sonic Generations | 8/10
I decided to play some smaller games after the gigantic AC Odyssey, having some fun with old SEGA games.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Tried to get in the spirit of Halloween, and with it being free on PSNow, I was able to platinum Medievil. I also platinum'd Cities Skylines, but do you ever really "beat" that game?

Cities: Skylines - 10-13
Medievil - 10-21

I anticipate my gaming slowing down until Nov 12

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Hades - 78 hours 10/10
Mafia: Definitive Edition - 13 hours 5/10
I Am Dead - 4 hours 6/10
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - 31 hours 8/10

Hades is probably GOTY for me, Mafia was just a disappointment

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Dishonored Low Chaos run 9/10
Katana Zero : Play this game/10

Katana Zero is sooooo goooood. I'm glad the trailers hid what it really was.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I beat a good bunch. I feel like October lasted for two months.

Alan Wake (third time beating it, this year was the 10th anniversary)

E3tFBaU.gif

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

tumblr_n03sghums91qzqt8do3_500.gif

Medievil (PS1)

Df5S.gif

Gex 3 - Gecko Under Cover

tumblr_nhcz0ihkZX1s3uawvo1_r2_500.gif

Magical Quest 2 - The Great Circus Mystery

again%202.gif
99025-the-great-circus-mystery-starring-mickey-minnie-genesis-screenshot.gif

Ghost Trick

b7bd503864d17d903f9a2edadf4fc031.gif
e6e02f494adc3ecc0fee610edf0bc9eb.gif

Clock Tower
(awesome and legit scary for a 16bits game)

w72xMhe.gif
zb84vmr.gif

Last edited:

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
From the 52 games 1 year thread here are my completions for October.

October 2020

1. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 - Fun trip down memory lane and the devs did a great job recreating that nostalgia from my teenage years. Great soundtrack as well. Some of the songs from the originals were missing unless I'm misremembering what was actually in the game, but the new additions were great as well.

2. Warsaw - Played this game after I saw a launch trailer for it and thought this looks like Darkest Dungeon, but with guns. Had the brutality of Darkest Dungeon and had a similar art style. Didn't quite reach those Darkest Dungeons highs for me, but if you enjoy those type of games would recommend to give it a shot.

3. Wasteland 3 - Liked the setting, but as a whole liked Wasteland 2 more when though you can see the production differences between them. All in all still a fun game with a lot of build opportunities and good characters.

4. Hades - Really good game and my favorite Supergiant game so far. Really enjoyed the combat/build variety and the upgrade systems. Will still be playing it for a bit at least until I beat it 10 times. Up to 4 atm.

5. The Dark Pictures: Little Hope - Really enjoyed it a lot more then Man of Medan. Didn't quite reach Until Dawn, but was still a fun B movie kinda game. The only part I didn't like was the ending, but that could've been caused by only having 2 people survive.

That's 5 games for me this month and 68 for the year. My game of the month was Hades.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
  • Katana Zero - So many vibes with outstanding gameplay, a killer soundtrack and a story to match. 10/10
  • Ori and The Blind Forest - Solid platforming with such a melancholic soundtrack and very disney-esque story. 10/10

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Persona
Royal

Finally. As I mentioned in the OT for the game, I just feel totally empty now. Absolute masterpiece.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty light month with a few spooky games.

Maid of Sker
Remothered: Tormented Fathers
Luigi's Mansion 3

Going to play Man of Medan tonight, but that'll technically be into November.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
  • Bloodborne (including getting the Plat)
  • Bloodborne: The Old Hunters
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered
  • Hades

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, pretty slow month for me:

The Last Campfire (iOS) -- Resubbed to Apple Arcade to play this. Enjoyed it quite a bit, although I ran into some crashes (7 Plus), and performance was kinda all over the place. Solid experience though.

The Mummy Demastered (Switch) -- Not the best performance and I didn't feel the urge to go back to 100% it, but I thought the graphics, animation, and music were good, and it's a solid Metroidvania.

Currently playing through Ghostrunner (PC), Cuphead (PC), Yakuza 0 (PS4 Pro), Hyrule Warriors DE (Switch), and World's End Club (Apple Arcade).

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Good month for me.

Ghost of Tsushima - almost have the platinum, too
Jedi Fallen Order

Two AAA games during a hectic month.

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Not the most wildly eclectic month, as I slowly worked my way through Super Mario 3D All-Stars:

10/2 - Super Mario 64
10/14 - Super Mario Sunshine
10/28 - Super Mario Galaxy

This was my first time playing 64 and a triumphant return to Sunshine (which I didn't just abandon in the GameCube era but inexplicably gave away). Galaxy is the only of these three games I'd previously played all the way through (and even then well into the Wii U's lifespan).

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I only beat one game in October (I know, that's a rather small number from me).

Fairy Tail (Switch).

I spent a lot of free time watching movies and TV shows on streaming in October.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
  1. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  2. Paper Mario: The Origami King
  3. Hades
  4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
A good batch of games, right there.

Fukuro

Feb 24, 2020
It's horror month, so:

Rule of Rose
Kuon
Siren: Blood Curse

Rule of Rose in particular is a real gem.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
None....

Played more Fall Guys, on the 6th planet for the Jedi Knight story in SWTOR, and level 23 for Doom 64. Basically same three games I've been making progress on for the past 2 months. I'll probably blast through the rest of Doom 64 in the next few days and I seem to clear a planet in SWTOR every two weeks.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
This month only 2 games:
bulletstorm clip edition on PS4
alice madness return on one x

both mediocre games...
started tales of vesperia this month.
Played a lot of FIFA 21, nba2k20 and faction in TLOU as always...

this is what I've been playing if anyone interested...
www.exophase.com

An overview of mcruz79's gaming activity.

An overview of mcruz79's gaming activity. Earned a total of 7,208 trophies/achievements. Last played game was EA SPORTS FC 24 on PSN.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Iron Man VR
Resident Evil 7 VR
Resident Evil 5

Working on Sakura Wars, and Pikmin 3 Deluxe now.

Mochino

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Only game I've finished this month is Final Fantasy IX. The climax kinda confused me, but the ending-to-credits sequence was phenomenal and totally won me back over. I loved the cast so much, and the world was so fun to explore! I can totally see why it's still ranked so highly.

Hoping to finish Shadowbringers and Hades in November, and possibly Miles Morales if the length isn't too bad.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Persona 5 Royal. Good game, though a bit bloated snd I hated half the cast so Persona 3 Portable still stands as the best Persona, but overall it's still a good JRPG.

7.5/

Final Fantasy VIII Remaster: Really reminded me why I adore Rinoa and still think she is the best FF leading lady, though Squall felt more like a douche this time around.

9/10

Last edited:

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Platinumed Persona 5 Dancing Star Night and finished up (relatively) Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town

Started on some hefty games this month, but I'm almost done with them so next month!!

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima. Platinum'd. The soundtrack SLAPS! Can't believe I waited this long to play it, bought it on release day.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Excluding the 4 SEGA demo like games released.

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
Costume Quest (Steam/PC)
Sonic Forces (Steam/PC)

---
Hours clocked total

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D (3DS) - 31 hours
Costume Quest (PC) - 10 hours
Sonic Forces (PC) - 6 hours

---

Score out of a 100

-The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D - 97
-Sonic Forces - 87
-Costume Quest - 84

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (Switch) - 108 hrs. 9.5/10. Amazing quest design. Came close to feeling like I was playing Game of Thrones.

Last edited:

finally

Jul 22, 2019
Celsete. (Second playthrough) 10/10
Mega man X1.8/10
Mega man X2.6/10

Got bored and couldn't play X3 and X4 though, mainly because each of them having enemies or bosses where it's almost impossible to dodge their attacks and also bad performance on Switch.

Hades 5/10
An average rogue lite game.
ETG(masterpiec), NT, Rogue legacy, Deadcells were all much better.

Bloodroots 4/10
Not as good as Hotline miami 1&2, or Ape but I'm waiting for PS5 and willing to play anything.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Breath of the Wild

Just in time for Age of Calamity. Amazing game from Nintendo, didn't think they had this kind of thing still in them. But also lots of areas for improvement too. Give me better dungeons!

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Finally beat hand of the king on dead cells. I know that's not exactly beating the game in a way as you can play forever, but I'm taking it as a "beat the game" as he's the last boss in normal mode.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
03/10 - Lonely Mountains: Downhill - PC - 7
08/10 - Star Fox Adventures - Gamecube - 7
10/10 - Doom (1993) - Switch - 8
14/10 - S.C.A.T.: Special Cybernetic Attack Team - NES - 6
16/10 - God of War II HD - PS3 - 7
19/10 - Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? - Switch - 6
24/10 - Syberia - PC - 8
30/10 - Horace - PC - 6

sQr

Jun 28, 2019
  • Super Mario Galaxy [NSW]
  • New Super Luigi U [NSW]
  • Theseus [PSVR]
  • Robinson: The Journey [PSVR]
  • Carto [XBX]

painlanguage

Jan 9, 2018
I've only finished one game this month and that was Watch Dogs 2. Really fun game. I'll get Legion later when there's a sale. Currently, I'm working on:

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. Only around 10 hours in.
Fist of The North Star: Lost Paradise - Just started this one
Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Had to bring out the PS3 to play this masterpiece. Around 15 hours in. I'll probably play through Mankind Divided again once I finish HR.

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
I beat the following games:

• 1. Half-Life: C.A.G.E.D. (Steam) | October 4th
  • 2. The Darkside Detective (Steam) | October 14th
  • 3. Ghost of Tsushima: Legends (PSN) | October 17th
  • 4. Streets of Kamurocho (Steam) | October 17th
  • 5. Space Lancer Haya (PC Download) | October 21st
  • 6. Pumpkin Jack (Steam) | October 25th
  • 7. Monster Prom 2: Monster Camp (Steam) | October 25th
  • 8. Haunt the House: Terrortown (Steam) | October 31st

Last edited:

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the following:

Resident Evil 3
The Evil Within
Resident Evil 2
Hades - multiple times

Almost finished Bloodborne, but not quite yet. Taking my time with it.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
  • MINIT
  • Hotshot Racing
  • Tell Me Why
  • Afterparty
  • Hidden Folks
All pretty good. Year to date i have 48 games finished, only 4 left for the yearly challenge