• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
- Death Stranding
- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
- Control
- Shadow of War
- Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Résident Evil 5

And I'm currently playing Persona 5 and The Division 2

LoNe_eXiLe

Oct 25, 2017
Jedi Fallen Order - I think it is vastly overhyped/overrated strictly on it not being a terrible Star Wars game
Destiny 2 Competitive - got to Legend and got my Not Forgotten, solo, so I'm counting it.
The Outer Worlds - A bit buggy and had my hyped for Obsidian's next game until I saw what it actually was.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
I replayed and re-beat all 3 of the Banner Saga games, which I highly recommend to everyone - they're not massively long.
Finished Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order which will probably ended up being my sleeper GotY, I'm really surprised at how much I enjoyed it even though I think it's a very flawed game. On the other hand I also beat Pokémon Shield, a game I was very hyped for and very let down by. It ended up being the most boring game I managed to finish this year.
Also playing through the whole TLoH series again before playing ToCS3 and just finished up SC yesterday and now going onto The 3rd. About to start playing Gris and finally get that off my backlog.

Last edited:

Neifirst

Oct 27, 2017
Took just over 2 months, but finally wrapped up Dragon Quest XI S on Switch. Portability made this possible; I couldn't even get through Act 1 on PS4 last year.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I started three really long JRPGs and I'm not that far in any of them...

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Ring Fit Adventure
Pokémon Sword (actually half way in this at least)

Just realized, I did re-play Bastion on Switch. So I've beaten one at least!

NovaXz

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
New York, New York
Great month of gaming:

The Outer Words (X1X)
Grindstone (iOS)
Afterparty (X1X)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (NSW)
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (X1X)

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is the only one I've finished this month.

About halfway done with Death Stranding and Outer Worlds.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Games Completion for November 2019
-Metal Slug XX (PS4) - 1 hour

Total: 1 hour

----

Game Completion Review Scores for November 2019
-Metal Slug XX (PS4) - 93

Expecting Dec to have a longer list for sure.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- kemono friends picross
- the missing: jj macfield and the island of memories
- link's awakening remake

enjoyed all 3, but the big surprise for me was the missing.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
* South Park: Stick of Truth
* Civilization 6 (100%ed)
* Afterparty
* Outer Worlds

Stick of Truth was my fourth playthrough although i was aiming for a 100% completion but i couldn't find some of the costumes and chinpokomons. Civ 6's achievement was a joy and crazy how i actually got all of the achievements.

Afterparty was a bit eh, to be honest but maybe I was expecting a bit too much out of it. I really liked Oxenfree but Afterparty felt a bit disappointing since it wasn't able to create an equally amazing atmosphere. Outer Worlds was an absolute joy and probably one of my favourite RPGs in recent years.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
- Uncharted 1/2/3 since the collection was on sale
- Got 64 hours into Death Stranding (prolly my GOTY) and will probably mainline it soon
- Got 22 hours into Pokémon Shield and will probably finish over Christmas break

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
All of these on Switch:

- State of Mind: A cyberpunk adventure game by Daedalic. Plot and characters are only ok, but the game is very immersive and filled with interesting scenes. Loved it.

EHckJ28UYAUdg6p

- World of Final Fantasy: found it a bit boring at first, but it grew on me and by the time I finished it I found it excellent. One of my favorites this year.

D1O_FAiWoAE_-Rw

- Zelda BOTW: Found it very boring at first, but it grew on me and by the time I finished it I found it only a bit boring :P Still glad I played it. Even if I'm not a fan of the overall package, there are still many things in the game I admire.

EJF76fBU0AAWhZl

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Muv-Luv Alternative
Guacamelee! 2
Pokemon Sword
Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair
Tokyo Xanadu eX+

Enjoyed them all to varying extents. MLA was probably my favorite of the bunch, but definitely had a lot of high highs and very low lows. Guacamelee 2 was great. Pretty much felt like the first game in most ways, which I was fine with since I really enjoyed the first a lot. I liked Tokyo Xanadu a lot more than I was expecting based off the impressions I've read on the game. Story wasn't special and got very stupid in the endgame up through the epilogue/after story, but I liked the rest a lot. Cruising through the dungeons was a joy. Yooka Laylee was a good-but-unspectacular 2D platformer. I thought the Impossible Lair itself was a neat idea that wasn't actually implemented in a very fun way. I didn't really have the patience for it. Pokemon Sword was fine, I guess.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of very short games this month.

Ghost Giant (PSVR) - Gorgeous and well made but the puzzles were a bit too much "throw everything at everything" and the story didn't touch me as much as I had hoped. Good/10.
Batman: Arkham VR (PSVR) - Super well made tech demo and with high production values and a bit of a story but too short and felt like yeah, a tech demo. Good.
inFamous: First Light (PS4) - Excellent gameplay, god protagonist and fun collectibles but the story missions were uninspired and repetitive. Good.
The Order 1886 (PS4) - Second playthrough for platinum trophy and it's an enjoyable but short game. There are definitely tings that could have been better but it's a bit underrated at this point. Good.
Shenmue II (Xbox One) - Fantastic attention to detail, amazing atmosphere and a unique game. Full of jank and questionable design but I love it. Outstanding.
The Outer Worlds (Xbox One) - Starts out amazingly but becomes less and less interesting with time. Big disappointment overall but enjoyable. Good.
Condemned 2: Bloodshot (Xbox 360) - Lacks a bit of the atmosphere of the first game and the story goes Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy but gameplay is an improvement and it has a few clever levels. Good.
Shadows of the Damned (Xbox 360) - Lots of unique ideas, good gameplay and design but it drags a bit and some humor is a bit too much. Good.
Star Wars: Battlefront II (Xbox One) - Played through the campaign and it was actually surprisingly good. Many small missions with a decent interconnected story, good gameplay and solid Star Wars fanservice. Good.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
* Avernum: Escape From The Pit
This was brilliant. I'd already effectively played through it before two remakes ago in the late nineties, but it's a really solid RPG in the Ultima-esque mould. Perhaps a little too much emphasis on combat, but what there is is pretty enjoyable once you get your casters powered up reasonably well.

* Old Man's Journey
A nice short lightly puzzley adventure, although on occasion it was a little overly fiddly to get the elements quite where I wanted them, and the brief sequence which was dependent on doing so rapidly (in order to get an achievement) was a big frustrating because of it.

* Ichidant-R
One I've had a soft spot for for a little while. I'm not quite sure it quite works as a game, because it's too dependent on arcade difficulty; allowing just a few seconds more on some puzzles would make a world of difference. It does, however, get some credit; I've ranted massively in the past about the overuse of the Towers of Hanoi, so this absolutely deserves a firm nod for having an interesting variant of Hanoi that adds enough complexity to challenge me.

Currently ongoing:

Luigi's Mansion 3: Nearing the end, I think; the elevator panel is about three-quarters full. I do note I haven't bagged any Rare Ghosts yet, so there's clearly avenues of content still to be explored.

Linelight: I started this ages ago, and didn't really take to it; I'd only lightly dabbled and the game hadn't got interesting. Now, though, I'm just mopping up the last few bonus gems, and I've really enjoyed it. A nice mix of puzzles that are challenging, ones that are quite satisfying even if they're not all that difficult, and lovely ambience. However, needs to get one ding; I'm playing it on mobile, and the controls are a little fiddly, in particular trying to distinguish between the controls for 'move very slowly and carefully', 'stand still and let the orange blobs move' and "use the magnet ability" when you're having to react quickly can often cause mistakes

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I think the only two games I've beat are the touryst and Ori and the blind forest for November

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Batman: Arkham Asylum
The House in Fata Morgana
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Demon's Souls
Asura's Wrath
Pokemon Sword
Astral Chain
Dark Souls 3

Currently playing: Dead Cells, The House in Fata Morgana: Requiem for the Innocent

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Spirit Hunter: Death Mark (PC)
Got it on sale for Steam. I wanted to play this first before moving onto the newer game NG which I heard good things about. Got it in October for some scary gaming but didn't actually beat it until this month. It wasn't really that good, IMO.

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout (Switch)
My first Atelier game after hearing good things about the game and the series as a whole for awhile now. I'm already at 100 hours played. Game is fantastic and made me a fan of the series. Ended up downloading the Arland pack since it was on sale during the Black Friday eShop sale and looking forward to the Dusk trilogy on Switch in January.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (Switch)
The story mode for this game was pretty fun but short. The transition from modern graphics to old school 8/16 bit was a cool idea. Some of the games are stinkers but there is definitely a good assortment of fun games. It's just a shame Sega messed up the online so bad. It's already pretty dead. I would wait until this game gets discounted before buying.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PS4)
I thought the campaign was excellent for the most part. Still suffers from typical COD stuff like dumb AI and some frustrating sections during play, though. Story is also nothing outstanding, but the presentation is top notch. Even though the AI was dumb some of the reactions were super lifelike which was very impressive. The MP and especially Special Ops is terrible though, IMO.

Death Stranding (PS4)
Episode 3: This game is kinda wack.
Episode 14: This game is a masterpiece.
My personal GOTY. It has the most insane production values I've ever seen in a game. One of those games where it's more than just a game, it's like witnessing and taking part in an actual experience.

I'm currently making my way through Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order but I probably won't beat it before November is up.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
The Messenger

I like to think only 2 games finished this month means i was a lot more productive and had more social life. Which is 100% false lol

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
1. Bloodstained. 8/10.
2. Luigi's Mansion. 8/10.

I also played a fair amount of Pokemon but decided to drop it.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Metro Exodus

Death stranding took most of november to complete, lost legacy 3-4 days and metro exodus took me a week.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been fairly productive by my standards. Beat:

Disco Elysium
Outer Worlds
Jedi Fallen Order

Not sure what I'll go for next but I think Tales of Berseria is on the agenda. I'm also about 40 hours through Three Houses but haven't touched it in about a month. The combat is too easy and the monastery is too boring so dunno if I'll pick it up again.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Death Stranding, Drakengard 3, Pokemon Sword, Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, Gears of War Ultimate

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, nothing. I've been playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses, mostly, but haven't been able to put as much time into it as I'd hoped. Should hopefully finish it next month though. Next up I want to finish off Control, and then see where I go from there.

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Call of Duty Modern Warfare (PC)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Sayonara Wild Hearts (AppleTV 4K)
Wolfenstein Youngblood (PC)
Need For Speed Heat (PC)
Pokémon Shield

busy busy busy

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
I only beat mobile games this month!
Donut Country: This is a feel good game. No challenges, but lots of charme and cuteness. I got what I wanted. 3/5
Part Time UFO. This was installed on my phone for a long time. Touch controls hampered my enjoyment, this game would have benefitted from tactile feedback. If it wasn't for that, it could have been a very well suited mobile title. 3/5

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 4 (XB1 Game Pass) - Yes, I own the disc on PS4, but why not play it again?

Anthem (EA Access trial) - I played about 34 hours and did all of the content. I started skipping through the Fort Tarsis dialogue unless it was from Faye or Yarrow. Probably hate-played at least half of the content. There were still interesting bits of story here and there, but it was mostly boring. The action and visuals kept me going at least.

Blair Witch (XB1) - Not really scary and I couldn't see or tell where the heck I was going most of the time. I felt like this could have not been a Blair Witch game at all, just a Firewatch-type of spooky woodsy game.

Life is Strange 2 Ep 4 - Really ramping up after a slow start with the first two episodes. I'll have to avoid spoilers for Ep 5 until I can play it on Game Pass in three months.

Assassin's Creed Origins: Discovery Tour - Last achievements. Kind of neat and zen way of going through the environments without having to worry about combat, loot and XP.

Going to focus on The Outer Worlds and some shorter EA Access games this month.

tomd96

Jul 6, 2018
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (PC)

A Link to the Past (finally! Having missed it when I owned a SNES in the 90s, and after trying it via PC emulation and the SNES Classic but bouncing off, I finally finished it on Switch Online)

DKC 2 (replayed on SNES Classic, but this is one that I did fully complete back on the actual SNES)

DKC 3 (as with DKC 2)

TMNT IV Turtles in Time

N-Sane Trilogy (PC, all three games)

Goldeneye 007 Reloaded (PS3)

Dishonored 2 (PC)

A relatively quiet month as none of those are especially long games, but I enjoyed all of them. Certainly a retro/nostalgia month!

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Technically only one this month:

Curse of the Blood Moon

Just a casual arcade game that's fun for short sessions.

Poured another 50 hours into DQ11 S and am currently going through post game content.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
In november I finished Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and started my Shenmue journey.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Shining Resonance and Blue Reflection (just a few hours ago on this one).

I've had both of them since they came out in English, so it's been a 1.5-2 year trek for them lol. Strangely sad to finish them, since they took way too long for me to really feel invested in them. Also just a bit miffed that BR didn't give the "there's no turning back if you proceed" message until AFTER I missed out on 4 of the final character events, just because I went to a certain characters before doing all the rest.