• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
'Twas a big month with two next gen console launches, major software discounts and tons of fantastic games released. Time to brag about all those shiny new games you've played and how amazing they were on the new console(s) you got! We who are stuck on last gen hardware are of course also welcome to post as usual. Any format is allowed: rated, ranked, a list, mini-reviews etc. Correct spelling helps me when it's time to summarize last month's most played game!

October's Game of the Month was a tie between Hades and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, both with 15 people who finished them. Other popular games were Crash Bandicoot 4 and a wide range of horror titles in time for Halloween.

3473242-hades_site_gameplay.jpg
13-Sentinels-Aegis-Rim.jpg

September: Ghost of Tsuishima
October: Mario 64

Hardcore Gamer of the Month was fanboy who managed to finish a whopping 15 games! Humbly bow when you see his avatar next to a post. Congrats on that accomplishment!

15084.jpg

September: KOfLegend
October: KOfLegend

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Taking my time with Demon's Souls but I got:

Bugsnax (Platinum) - Ok game i had a lot of fun actually
Astro's Playroom (Platinum) - Pure joy i wish it was longer

Astroroom

Aug 19, 2020
No More Heroes
Okage: Shadow King
Hitman GO
Tetris Effect
Astro's Playroom
Bugsnax
Rez Infinite
Demon's Souls
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Trails of Cold Steel 4
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Astro's Playroom
Titanfall 2
Doom 2016
Light Fairytale
Mortal Kombat 11 & Aftermath
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Ori and the Blind Forest - Definitive Edition
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Started and finished Dark Souls. Beat it for the first time even though I have put well over 100 hours into various game saves over the years.

Literally the only game I've beaten this month. I've put time into Miles Morales and Demon's Souls (and touched Astro's Playroom but didn't really do anything), but I haven't beaten either of them yet.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Astro's Playroom - PS5, 6 hrs, 8/10: Love all the collectibles, secrets and references to PlayStation history. Gameplay itself was decent and does a good job showing off the features of the controller, though Astro could have benefited from a larger move set.

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition - Switch, 24 hrs, 7.5/10: My first musou game which I beat in anticipation of playing Age of Calamity. Very frenetic gameplay to the point where sometimes it felt like there was way too much going on. Combat was essentially button mashing, but still satisfying. Story felt sloppy but I like how they managed to incorporate characters and gameplay elements from every major 3D Zelda game, even if it was over the top.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Switch, 15 hrs, 7/10: Nothing particularly innovative or challenging but a very chill, low pressure experience. Like that it satisfies the puzzle and collectathon itch but in quick, bite-sized levels. Forced touch screen controls were kind of annoying.

Szczepan

Oct 30, 2017
Hanover, PA, USA
Dark Souls 3
Astro's Playroom
Demon's Souls
Bugsnax
Miles Morales

Astro was the surprise hit. But man did it feel good to put a bow on my final 2 Souls games.

4 years and 11 years after first starting them.

Oct 29, 2017
Demon's Souls RPCS3
Demon's Souls PS3 Platinum cleanup run
Demon's Souls PS5 Platinum run.

I think I need to play something else now lol

snakey2389

May 31, 2019
Astro's Playroom
Bayonetta
Sackboy
Maneater
Death Stranding
DMC 5: Special Edition
Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War
Watch Dogs Legion

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Big month for me :)

Bugsnax
Astrobot
Papers Please
Paradise Killer
13 Sentinels
Hades
Persona 3 Dancing
The Witcher 3

Oct 27, 2017
For me I beat Katamari Reroll (PS4), Astro's Playroom, Spider Man Miles Morales, and Bugsnax. Been a great month for games for me this month, playing Demon Souls and 13 Sentinels now

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Gears Tactics - Just wrapped this up.
Tetris Effect (?) It has journey mode I guess
D2 Last Light - I beat the main campaign but Destiny doesn't end.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I have a huuuuge backlog and I've been playing less the last couple of years (that doesn't stop me from buying games lol)

Finished Alien Isolation (great game and that's coming from someone who hates FP perspective)
Also Ring Fit but started the "bonus" levels

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some short games with Game Pass and Gamefly.

FFXV Episode Ardyn - This was surprisingly fun mini open world DLC.
Dark Pictures: Man of Medan - This was so awkward with weird writing and strangely-directed voice acting. Couldn't wait for it to be over.
Dark Pictures: Little Hope - Better overall and more coherent story.
Tell Me Why - My second favorite Dontnod game.
Deliver Us The Moon - Nice atmospheric walking simulator/puzzle/Dead Space kind of game with no combat.

Aaronsteel

Sep 24, 2018
Bit of a backlog cleanup month.

Donut County - Short but cute
Bioshock 2 - Hilariously late on this one but it was a fun Halloweeny game. Remaster ran fine and looked great too
Uncharted: Lost Legacy - Fun little side adventure with great ND banter as always. Kinda weird coming in after TLOU2 but oh well
Superhot: MCD - Looooved Superhot but did not like this one that much. Way too much to go into here

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Powered through like 60 hours of Yakuza Like a Dragon in three weeks

The game is just that good, and the ending was downright masterful

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
This was my most productive month since May. Okay, maybe "productive" isn't the word I'm looking for, exactly, but you know what I mean.

11/11 - Shantae and the Seven Sirens (PS4 Pro; 100%!)
11/15 - Astro's Playroom (PS5; platinum + all 3 add-on trophies)
11/19 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5; 100%)
11/20 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5; New Game+; platinum)
11/22 - Panzer Dragoon: Remake (Switch)
11/25 - Spider-Man: Remastered (PS5; all 79 trophies)
11/28 - Vanquish (Xbox Series X)

And my wife played through Bugsnax on 11/21 and got the platinum tonight. I helped a bit but can't really take credit.

It was great to revisit Vanquish for the first time in a decade. I fundamentally didn't appreciate it the first time around, but with the near-entirety of Platinum's output under my belt now, I finally get it.

I've loved everything I played this month, but that 1-2 punch of Astro's Playroom and Miles Morales in particular is the most fun I've had gaming all year.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
More than I expected this month, for sure...

1. Alan Wake – Completed 11/1/2020 PC – 15 hours
2. Mad Rat Dead – Completed 11/3/2020 Switch – 4 hours
3. Undertale – Completed 11/6/2020 Vita – 7 hours
4. Astro's Playroom – Completed 11/12/2020 PS5 – 4 hours
5. Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 – Completed 11/18/2020 PS5 – 7 hours
6. Bugsnax – Completed 11/19/2020 PS5 – 11 hours
7. Demon's Souls – Completed 11/23/2020 PS5 – 24 hours
8. Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout – Completed 11/30/2020 PC – 26 hours

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
I got a PS5 this month lol.
Astro's Playroom
Bugsnax
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory
Demon's Souls

Also got to Level 120 in WoW: Shadowlands

XeroxKopy

Oct 27, 2017
Went on a platinum spree.
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Platinum)
  • Astro's Playroom (Platinum)
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Platinum)
  • Rayman Legends (Platinum)
I'm proud of the Rayman platinum. I've been working on it since early September.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I beat No More Heroes and Ocarina of Time.

Tried to beat Ghost but I just don't have a huge urge to play it.

Working through Miles but taking it slooooow.

Also picked up Animal Crossing again. It's best at Christmas time, what can I say?

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
  • Miles Morales​
  • Astro​
  • Sackboy​
  • The Pathless​
  • Demon's Souls PS3 (played it in preparation of the remaster and now I feel burned out lol so my playthrough of the remaster will have to wait)​

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (Fatalis)
What Remains of Edith Finch
Spider Man PS4
Terraria (Vanilla playthrough with the SO, currently on a much longer Calamity mod playthrough)
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Celeste (Holy hell why did I sleep on this game?)

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I beat Man of Medan, Fallout 76, and Halo Reach. All on Game Pass.

I got a PS5 and Series X but both are saved for Christmas morning.

Man of Medan - mediocre but fun short story

Fallout 76 - it has grown into quite an excellent game. I had lots of fun with it. What a beautiful world to explore with some great quests now too

Halo Reach - my favorite Halo game. I was not expecting that. What a blast. And the graphics (especially HDR) were shockingly good for such an old game.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I think I went through a lot, but a lot of them were short games, so that would probably explain the quantity.

Shantae and the Seven Sires
The entire Mega Man X series (X1-X8, Xtreme 1 & 2, and Command Mission, so this is 11 games in total)
Drill Dozer
The Mysterious Murasame Castle

Currently playing Daemon X Machina and have about one more level to go in the Demon's Souls remake.

oldzac

Jan 22, 2020
1. Hades - 9.5/10
2. Astro's Playroom - 8/10
3. Pokémon X - 6.5/10
4. Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory - 8.5/10
5. Sackboy: A Big Adventure - 8.5/10
6. Spider-Man: Miles Morales - 9/10

I'd like to finish Bugsnax, The Pathless, and Demon's Souls before the December 10th A-bomb drops, but it's looking doubtful.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Astro's Playroom - 9/10. Did not plat, I suck at platformers but really enjoyed it nonetheless.
Dark Souls Remastered - 8/10. After getting stuck at the Capra Demon for two years, finally killed it and basically wrapped up the entire game, Manus included.
Moss PSVR - 7/10. A bit too short for my liking but some of the puzzles were inspired. Hope they release book 2?

Playing now: Judgment, Code Vein and FF7R.

Last edited:

M-TRNL

Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
Hades - 9/10
SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE - 7/10
Super Mario Bros. (All-Stars) - 7/10
Super Mario Bros. 2 (All-Stars) - 6.5/10
The Wolf Among Us - 8/10
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 7.5/10
Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders - 7/10
Call of Duty: WWII - 6/10
Katana Zero - 8/10

I started Hades in October and AvSI forever ago but the others were started and beaten in November. Never actually beaten Super Mario Bros. in any form before but 2 was beaten on the GBA back in the day. Despite all the free time November was my most "productive" month all year.

Gonna complete Stretchmo soon after all these years, gonna beat Claire's portion of RE2 before jumping into RE3, and gonna continue with Slay The Spire (which is much better than I was expecting).

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Smaller month than expected for me, but Valhalla basically ate half of my gaming time this November.
- Phoenix Wright: Justice for All: I don't know if it's already a Phoenix Wright fatigue for me but the second one was waaaay less interesting to get through. Still one to go and I am done with OG trilogy.
- The Last Campfire: Nothing special to say. It was a nice little game.

That's it. December should be bigger. Have a wonder last month of that shitty year, people!