• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Timodus

Oct 27, 2017
8.3. Death Mark (PS4) - platinum trophy
12.3. Dead Island Definitive Edition (PC) - A lot worse than I remembered.
24.3. Nioh 2 (PS4) - platinum trophy - Easily my GotY right now.
27.3. Panzer Dragoon: Remake (Switch)
29.3. Doom: Eternal (PS4) - platinum trophy

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I am counting the game from today because I beat it literally minutes after midnight, lol.

14. Amorous (PC) | 1st March - 2hrs | 2/10
15. Higurashi When They Cry - Tatarigoroshi (PC) | 3rd March - 20hrs | 5/10
16. Higurashi When They Cry - Himatsubushi (PC) | 10th March - 10hrs | 5/10
17. Higurashi When They Cry Kai - Meakashi (PC) | 14th March - 24hrs | 6/10
18. Killer7 (PC) | 26th March - 20hrs | 8/10
19. Panzer Dragoon: Remake (Switch) | 28th March - 1.5hrs | 5/10
20. Sin and Punishment: Earth Successor (N64) | 28th March - 2hrs | 7/10
21. Black Mesa (PC) | 1st April - 26hrs | 9/10

Reviews can be found in my 52 games in 52 weeks posts.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
7 games, which was the same as February.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX
Child of Eden
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
A Short Hike
Nioh 2
DOOM Eternal
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (basegame)

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Replayed Doom 2016
Replayed Vanquish
Call of Cthulhu

But mostly ive fallen down another slay the spire hole. Which is a game you don't really ever "beat" i suppose.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
I don't remember when I beat so many games in a single month last time.

Throne Breaker: Witcher Tales (9/10) - fantastic story in a game which is a mix of a cards game, puzzle game and HoMM. Great music.
Dragon Age Inquisition: Descent (5/10) - pretty meh expansion, some interesting lore but that's pretty much it
Dragon Age Inquisition: Trespasser (9/10) - fantastic expansion, it may actually be on the same level as some of my favourite Bioware games. Highly recommended if you like Dragon Age.
Devil May Cry V (7/10) - this is a looker on One X but I never got a hang of the fighting mechanics, it just never clicked for me. The story is a bit nonsensical as well, but still had a lot of fun.
Ori & The Will of The Wisps (9/10) - I love it, I just wish it didn't have so many technical issues :(

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone - I almost have the Platinum and I still have to clear out the Northern hordes. This would have been in my top five GOTY last year if I had played it then. Surprisingly good character/story moments and very crazy horde gameplay. Can't wait to play DG2.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
Ori and Metroid Zero Mission. I'm now torn between starting the Prime trilogy on the Wii, starting on Dolphin with a mouse and keyboard or waiting for a remaster which may show up later this year and play it on the Lite.

Oct 27, 2017
For the entire month of March I pretty much only played Days Gone. According to my trophies I got the first one on 1st March and I got the Platinum trophy last night (edit - technically early this morning - 1st April) before bed.

I played a couple of other games in small amounts but that was the only one I personally completed.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
In March I completed

Abzu 100% | 6/10
The Last Guardian
First play through, will likely re-play in April & May | 9.5/10
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
Platinum | 7.5/10
Shadow of the Colossus
First play through, will likely re-play in April & May | 10/10

In February I completed

Return of the Obra Dinn Platinum | 9/10
Death Stranding
Platinum | 9.5/10

In January I completed

Untitled Goose Game Campaign done, not sure if I'll go back and trophy hunt | 8/10
Erica
Story completed and played through a couple of additional times to see other endings, not sure if I'll try to platinum | 7/10

burnfout

Oct 27, 2017
Wolfenstein New Colossus on PS Now.
Arkham Asylum Remaster
Bioshock 2 and for the first time Minerva's Den. Was great to have some new Bioshock content.
Oh and just on the first of March I finished Ni No Kuni 2, been working on that for 6 months.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
Wolfenstein New Colossus on PS Now.
Arkham Asylum Remaster
Bioshock 2 and for the first time Minerva's Den. Was great to have some new Bioshock content.
Oh and just on the first of March I finished Ni No Kuni 2, been working on that for 6 months.

Can Minerva's Den be completed stand-alone? I have the PS4 collection from PS+. I've completed all 3 on PS3 and all the DLC for Infinite but never had the DLC for 2.

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
I finished The Outer Worlds on 3/6 and scored a 100% save on Ori and the Will of the Wisps on 3/17.

I also went back and 1000/1000-ed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order after a buggy achievement was patched.

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Elevator Action Returns (arcade) - 4/5
A sequel to the early 80s arcade game, Elevator Action - it's a relatively restrained shooter-platformer where you mainly move through levels by riding elevators up and down (falling more than your character's height will kill you). Has an especially strong presentation even among the other Taito arcade games of the era, with excellent music and amazing, detailed sprite animations. It's on the easy end for an arcade game, but your character's low HP and low amount of lives mean death is always fairly close even if you're doing well. Beaten without dying.

Osman (arcade) - 4/5
A kind of unofficial followup to Capcom's Strider, created by the original game's director / game designer after he left the company. It's a similar melee-focused platformer with a huge emphasis on setpieces and level gimmicks; its big unique element over Strider is its development of that game's afterimages, which you gain as you power up - pressing the attack button will have you place an afterimage at your current location, and boss fights and levels are balanced around using them to offset your character's otherwise limited attack range. This game actually has a lot of really good boss fights (which I wouldn't say for Strider), though they can be very punishing while learning the game since taking damage makes you lose your afterimages. Beaten on one credit.

Darius Gaiden (arcade) - 4/5
The third arcade game in the Darius series and the first I've played with any degree of seriousness. It constricts the game view to a single monitor, unlike the previous games, and adds in screen-clearing bombs. I really like the free-form shooting action in the Darius games, and the way they emphasize aiming your missile weapons carefully (often through point-blank attacking enemies) due to their high damage and enemies' relatively high HP. The boss fights, with their multiple distinct phases, exciting attacks that feel like an early precursor to bullet hell shooters, and multiple destructible parts that affect the bosses in various ways if destroyed are probably some of my favorite in the genre and clearly the highlight of the game. This is one of the easier arcade shooters I've played (though recovery on death is punishing due to how important upgrades are, the prevalence of durable shield powerups offsets it) but is extremely enjoyable nonetheless. Cleared on one credit.

Assault Suit Leynos (PC) - 4/5
Remake of the Genesis game Assault Suit Leynos / Target Earth, the first in the Assault Suit series - a line of mech-themed shooter-platformer games featuring inertia-heavy controls (to simulate the feeling of being in a mech), relatively methodical gameplay, and levels focused around completing various mission objectives instead of just fighting to the end. The original Leynos is an enjoyable yet rough game - maybe a little too ambitious - and this remake does a good job of ironing out the kinks: the addition of aim-lock improves combat tremendously, hard mode places a sensible limit on regenerating health, and the bosses and minibosses are somewhat more developed in this version (though not particularly the game's strong point, still). Giving the player the booster (which enables hovering and newly-added dashing) and the shield from the beginning of the game instead of making them later-game upgrades is fun, though I feel the shield is a bit overpowered (there is a strangely unlockable option to limit its durability, which should have been the default), and some of the early levels have their impact reduced due to being able to use the booster.

The game has two modes - arcade (loosely based on the Genesis game's level layouts with heavily reduced difficulty and enemy counts, but has a lot of new elements, new minibosses and bosses, and voiced dialogue) and classic (sticks closer to the Genesis game, is still overall easier). Arcade is good, but classic is definitely the meat of the game; it loses something without the hordes of semi-random enemies the original game and classic mode stick you with. Beaten without dying on both arcade mode and classic mode.

Really good month for games. All four of these games are honestly among my favorites now.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Princess Tomato in Salad Kingdom (Replay)
Raging Loop
Hammerin' Harry
Fist of the North Star (Game Boy)
One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows
Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds
Lethal Enforcers (Replay)
Raiden (TG-16)
Final Fantasy XV (Replay)
Mario Is Missing!
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Two Point Hospital
Final Fantasy V (Replay)
Gundam: Battle Assault 2
Double Dragon Neon (Replay)
Nioh 2
Ninja Spirit
DOOM Eternal
Pepsi Invaders
Onimusha: Warlords (Replay)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
Onimusha Blade Warriors

Zutter

Oct 19, 2018
Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory
Uncharted 4
Dragon Quest XI (went back to finally finish the end arc after a year break)

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Devil May Cry 1 on PS4

Worst month in a long time, mainly cause I was working more hours, taking care of more stuff due to the virus pandemic, etc

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
I went nuts in March and beat 8 games thanks to quarantine :

Yakuza 0
COD Infinite Warfare (veteran campaign)
Judgment
Resident Evil 2
Bioshock Infinite plus DLCs (platinum)
SW Jedi Fallen Order (platinum)
Erica
What remains of Edith Finch

Now playing on Yakuza 7 I am having a blast with the series.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1: Dragon Quest III. End: 3/3/2020.
2: Shenmue II. End: 3/8/2020.
3: Batman: The Enemy Within. End: 3/9/2020.
4: Yakuza Kiwami 2. End: 3/11/2020.
5: Tales of Zestiria. End: 3/26/2020.
6: Klonoa: Door to Phantomile. End: 3/28/2020.
7: Super Punch-Out. End: 3/31/2020.

I spent quite a lot of time gaming this month.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Just three for me, and they were good ones:

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (PC)
Ori and the Will of the Wisps (PC)
Control: Foundation (DLC Expansion 1) (PS4 Pro)

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I was did really good in january and february. Got to March and played a bit of 2 Point Hospital, Metro Redux and Dragon Dogma, but didn't commit enough. Then Animal Crossing came out. So ended up beating nothing :-(

Dec 31, 2017
Splasher.

Already beaten the game, now trying for all trophies.

The time attack medals are hard.

The speedrun (especially the no death speed run) is looking ridiculous.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Finally beat Mario Odyssey, Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea, and Breath Of The Wild.

Also been playing quite a lot of Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition and StarCraft.

Feb 1, 2018
It's been a while since I finished so many games! I missed the January & February thread so I'll put altogether:

A Plague Tale Innocence: what an incredible experience. I can't wait to see more from this studio in the future.

Assassin's Creed Rogue: a surprising and really enjoyable experience, despite the fact that this is a copy paste of Black Flag. Best story since Ezio's trilogy. Too bad they didn't do anything new regarding gameplay.

Final Fantasy XV: second playthrough (First one was on PS4). This time the problems were more evident but I had fun anyway. Despite all the problems with the story, bland open world and boring side quests, it's kinda of a miracle to have this game in full form.

Ori and Will of the Wisps: fantastic sequel, but the technical issues on Xbox One S almost destroy the whole experience.

Sniper Elite 4: cool, b-tier game. The gameplay is fun and the big environment allows you to have some creativity regarding your approach. Too bad the overall game gets old kinda fast, and each stage lasts for more than an hour. A solid 5,6.

Yakuza 0: over 60 hours and counting. Best game in the series, and I'm there since day one. The story is incredible and Majima is so fun to control. The minigames are so addicting - spent over 10 hours on the cabaret club.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Platinumed all of Crash N. Sane Trilogy.
Feel like I did more than that, but I guess I didn't have much gaming time until late in the month when my workplace shut down.

oldzac

Jan 22, 2020
This quarantine has been horrible, but it's given me a good opportunity to clean up some of my backlog. In March, I've beaten:

1. inFAMOUS: First Light - 7/10
2. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - 8.5/10
3. Dreams - 7.5/10 (This number will probably go up as I dive back in throughout the year)
4. Celeste - 9/10
5. Bully (REPLAY) - 10/10
6. Dragon Ball FighterZ - 6.5/10 (Judging solely on the single player story)
7. Rise of the Tomb Raider - 6/10
8. A Short Hike - 8/10
9. Metal Gear Solid - 9/10
10. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin - 8/10
11. One Night, Hot Springs - 7/10

I'm now up to 20 games beaten for the year, and thinking I should maybe finally post in the 52 games, 1 year thread.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Half-Life Alyx. Both were really good but HL:A was such an insane experience. The first 10/10 I've played in a while.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Doom Eternal: loved the gameplay but was burnt out by the end and didn't like the Marauders and Last Boss.

Off topic a bit but this thread reminds me that it's ok to not have to play the latest and greatest and play some old favorites or backlog sort of games.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
- Replayed Dead Cells, as in started from scratch with an actual new save. Still so so good, and the updates have only made it better. 9/10

- Also replayed Dark Souls in the form of the Remastered version. The first time I played it, I remember struggling a lot with the second half of the game, but not so much with the first. Now it was the complete opposite experience, haha. Those fucking Bell Gargoyles are way too hard for that point in the game.
On the other hand, I had huge difficulties with the final boss on my first playthrough, but I finally got the hang of parrying this time, which makes him trivially easy.
Surprised at how different this playthrough felt despite the fact that I used pretty much the exact same build. 9/10

- Horace: What a weird little game this was. Unique, varied, and lots of interesting ideas, but very little of it is actually fun. Some infuriating sections and boss fights. Super story heavy too, which is unusual for a 2D platformer, but it doesn't really go anywhere. Try it if you want something unique rather than fun. 6/10

- 2064: Read Only Memories: A cute old-school point'n'clicker with retro graphics. The characters are fun, and Turing is adorable (great VA as well), but the puzzles are simple and the narrative is extremely linear. The story is okay-ish. Lots of cameos from game industry peeps as well. Was surprised to hear Jim Sterling in there. 7/10

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Doom 1. First time playing it and loved it

Yakuza 0. Played it through game pass. First time playing a Yakuza game and now i can't wait for Kiwami to come to game pass.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Only one in March. The rest of my month got sunk into a JRPG that I haven't finished yet....

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch, 13 hrs, 8.5/10): I beat the game with 69% completion. Like DKCR it's got creative and colourful levels, and challenging platforming, but without the frustrating motion controls. The difficulty ramps up smoothly and the game teaches you mechanics in an intuitive way. It also has a great variety of worlds, levels, challenges and collectibles. My only real complaint is that parts of certain levels felt a little unfair in that I was almost certain to die on my first run due to obstacles that were not properly telegraphed.

January:

Celeste (Switch , 15 hrs, 9.5/10): Excellent music and atmosphere. Charming and relatable characters with a moving story. Platforming was well crafted, and while it can get intense, mechanics are introduced gradually and the challenge increases at a steady pace. It wasn't just about reflexes but also puzzle solving as there were often unintuitive ways to reach a goal. My only criticism is that some of the levels went on a bit too long which created inconsistent pacing. I saw the credits after getting 106/175 strawberries and 4,251 deaths.

My Friend Pedro (Switch, 5 hrs, 7.5/10): Unique combat system allows for fast-paced but also creative and stylish action platforming. Designed around attempting multiple runs to achieve a high score, so a single play through doesn't feel particularly satisfying as the game is short and will be over by the time you get a more intuitive feel for the controls. There are no significant power ups to vary the game play, but there are some fun environmental items that can be used to bolster your combat options. Given the emphasis on quick action, the need to constantly reload is frustrating.

Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch, 23 hrs, 8.5/10): Combines many of the fun mechanics introduced in Dark Moon with the exploration of a single building like in the original Luigi's Mansion. Does a good job of introducing new mechanics, and implementing them in creative ways, especially for boss fights, however overall gameplay becomes a bit repetitive after a while, and exploring can start to feel a bit tedious. It would have been nice if there were upgrades throughout the game that could be used to get past previously seen obstacles or open up parts of levels. Floors are each well designed but many of them don't seem to relate to one another or a hotel setting, and take you out of the feeling that you're exploring a single interconnected structure.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
I haven't been able to focus on games, even though I've been SIP since mid-March. All this COVID-19 stress - going to the grocery, cleaning packages, doing everything so that it doesn't come into the house and affect my family - and by the end of the day, I'm emotionally exhausted and just pass out watching TV.

But I did end up completing on 3/30:

Goof Troop (SNES)

A nice nostalgic '90s trip. And a fun game to boot!

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! It's one of my favorite games ever and I'm close to getting around to replaying it on Switch.
I had a blast with it, one of my favorite zelda games in a long time with some really lovely gameplay, characters, art style, and top tier music. It has its problems in the first few hours and the slow text crawls were a nuisance throughout but overall it was amazing.

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
World of Warcraft: Battle of Azeroth (PC) - Beat the final raid of the expansion and unsubscribed until Shadowlands. Really liked the expansion thought the dungeons and leveling zones were very good (though the level scaling was a bit wonky). Raids were also very good.

Ori & the Will of the Wisps (PC) - Great follow up to the first one. Found it much more forgiving in platforming areas. The combat was much improved. Beautiful game all round.

Halo: CE Anniversary (PC) - Since I got GamePass to play Ori, I thought I might as well play the Halo games as I had never played more then 5 minutes of any of them. Overall really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to playing Halo 2. One thing I found odd was the changes between the original and enhance graphics. They were a complete departure rather then just remade at higher resolutions. I thought the smaller flood enemies looked kind of crappy too. Soundtrack was amazing.

Samorost 3 (PC) - Another one on game pass. Loved the soundtrack and the art but found the puzzles to be a bit obtuse.

Oct 28, 2017
1 - The Evil Within 2: Enjoyable game while I didn't know what to play
14 - Ori and the Blind Forest: Beautiful game. I suck at 2D games but I finished this one.
19 - Resident Evil 0: The first classic RE I've played. I liked the two characters puzzle solving part.
23 - Doom Eternal: So far my GOTY.
27 - Resident Evil Revelations: I liked the ship but I was meh with the rest of the game.

I also played 24h of Borderlands 3 but I got bored with bullet sponge bosses and ditched it.