• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is a weird one, I can't remember much so it's a long shot...

I think it was on Mega Drive, or another 16-bit console.

Pretty sure it was a football game, but one stylized with OTT acrion.

I remember it being fairly static, it might not have even been direct control and might have been turn based or something.

There were stills of shots and things maybe a slightly animate image that popped up with special moves. I seem to remember footballs on fire as special attacks and stuff like that..

Any ideas at all?

Edit: Tecmo Cup Football!

Last edited:

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
There was a game I played on an old pc demo discs that had a bunch of shareware on it. It had a demo of megaman x and it also had a fighting game on it. The game had cartoon drawn graphics and you played as robots that were based off of animals.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
holy shit, I've been trying to remember the name of that game for years.

That's exactly it.

battle-beast_7.jpg

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
There was this pc game back in the day. It was a lot like risk. You had an isalnd/map and territories. You can send troops to each territory and then fight it out to try and take over the map. I remember it being an island. I remember (not sure) when the combat started you had to direct your troops how to move across the battlefield and engage.

I wish I could remember its name

Lords of the Realm.

Awesome game, was playing it again recently.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing this arcade game in a Fuddruckers when I was young, but I think I saw it a few other places too. You were in a hovercraft/F-Zero style vehicle thing and you were in a pipe most of the time, and you could shoot things. There were a lot of red and orange colors in it, and a voice said "Good luck" at the start of each mission. I saw something on Twitter about Tube Panic that made me think of it, but that is definitely not it. I feel like I remember between each mission you come out of the pipe and can see the sky before the start of the next mission.

Cantaloup

Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing this arcade game in a Fuddruckers when I was young, but I think I saw it a few other places too. You were in a hovercraft/F-Zero style vehicle thing and you were in a pipe most of the time, and you could shoot things. There were a lot of red and orange colors in it, and a voice said "Good luck" at the start of each mission. I saw something on Twitter about Tube Panic that made me think of it, but that is definitely not it. I feel like I remember between each mission you come out of the pipe and can see the sky before the start of the next mission.

S.T.U.N. Runner

AMD

Oct 27, 2017
Might well be S.T.U.N. Runner.

(Bugger. Too slow.)

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
I'm looking for an old arcade horizontal shooter in which the player controls Songoku (the monkey from the legends, NOT the Dragonball characters) that flies on his cloud and shoots at various enemies.

Important: the game is from early 80's and it is NOT Cloud Master/Chuka Taisen .

Could you help?

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking for an old arcade horizontal shooter in which the player controls Songoku (the monkey from the legends, NOT the Dragonball characters) that flies on his cloud and shoots at various enemies.

Important: the game is from early 80's and it is NOT Cloud Master/Chuka Taisen .

Could you help?
Son Son?

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017

Could you help?
Mighty Monkey

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
So this isnt a video game but it was an arcade game. I saw gator panic a while back and it reminded me of an old arcade game I used to enjoy but havent seen or heard anyone mention in decades.
Here is a image of gator panic which a lot of people are likely familiar with
DUejphOVAAI9uYy.jpg

The game I was reminded of was a physical arcade game like this but it had rows of alien or maybe robot enemies on a track that would try to reach you and you had a light gun to shoot them back the start. Does anyone remember this or know what it was called? This would have been probably around the early 90s I remember seeing it in arcades, but it may be older.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Ok, I'm trying to find this OLD game I want to say its like PS2 maybe PS3 era? I THINK it was on a playstation console.

It was an Anime sort of MMORPG style game, called I think: FANTASY QUEST or FANTASY ONLINE or something? It allowed you to ride creatures and battle big creatures, the art style was adorable and you could even fly on a broom stick? I think there was light farming elements ect.

Anyone remember? There was a Trailer for it that I watched like a hundred times back in the day.

Id greatly appreciate it!

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm trying to find this OLD game I want to say its like PS2 maybe PS3 era? I THINK it was on a playstation console.

It was an Anime sort of MMORPG style game, called I think: FANTASY QUEST or FANTASY ONLINE or something? It allowed you to ride creatures and battle big creatures, the art style was adorable and you could even fly on a broom stick? I think there was light farming elements ect.

Anyone remember? There was a Trailer for it that I watched like a hundred times back in the day.

Hmm it's not on Playstation but you don't mean Flyff Online do you?

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Any chance it's True Fantasy Live Online for the original Xbox? It unfortunately never released but I remember it getting a big marketing push back in the day.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Any chance it's True Fantasy Live Online for the original Xbox? It unfortunately never released but I remember it getting a big marketing push back in the day.
www.youtube.com

True Fantasy Live Online Gameplay Trailer

Found in the Japanese Exclusive N.U.D.E. @ trailer section. Past to Present Online : http://ptoponline.com Facebook : http://facebook.com/ptoponline Twitter ...

Lmao, YES you master!! Wow it doesnt hold up. But that's exactly what I was talking about... thank you and it WAS the Xbox, kept thinking Playstation.

Appreciate it!

Oct 27, 2017
I vaguely remember x play doing a review of a game called red ninja or red sonia, it was just god of war (PS2) but in japan and yoyos? Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
For my entire adult life, this game I remember I thought was Final Fantasy 4 (ff2 on SNES), but in replaying 4 recently, this section was not in the game (or I somehow missed it)

It's a turn based JRPG, probably for SNES. There's a section where your party is riding a log raft down a river. Every now and then, you load into battle, where your party is on the raft, fighting monsters or whatnot on the other side, Final Fantasy style.

I *think* one of the characters in your party is a guest character and acts on his own. Or maybe he's a temporary character you control for this segment. In my mind, this is FF4, but I didn't encounter this section on a recent playthrough.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
For my entire adult life, this game I remember I thought was Final Fantasy 4 (ff2 on SNES), but in replaying 4 recently, this section was not in the game (or I somehow missed it)

It's a turn based JRPG, probably for SNES. There's a section where your party is riding a log raft down a river. Every now and then, you load into battle, where your party is on the raft, fighting monsters or whatnot on the other side, Final Fantasy style.

I *think* one of the characters in your party is a guest character and acts on his own. Or maybe he's a temporary character you control for this segment. In my mind, this is FF4, but I didn't encounter this section on a recent playthrough.
FF6 probably.
7748529.png

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
I'm trying to remember an old PC game from the 90's. You drove around weaponized taxi in a post-apocalyptic city (that's what I remember anyways). You used the money you earn to buy new weapons and upgrade? Played like a doom-clone if i remember correctly (First-person).

I remember this was one of like 10 games that came pre installed on our windows 95(?) machine.

Deleted member 17210

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to remember an old PC game from the 90's. You drove around weaponized taxi in a post-apocalyptic city (that's what I remember anyways). You used the money you earn to buy new weapons and upgrade? Played like a doom-clone if i remember correctly (First-person).

I remember this was one of like 10 games that came pre installed on our windows 95(?) machine.
Quarantine?

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Another long shot for the experts:

- Old game (late 90's I'm guessing? I was a kid for sure, 33 now)
- PC
- Most likely had a demo that I played
- Could be a dwarf (maybe other classes too?)
- Could find an axe
- I remember a bridge

I think it was some kind of RPG and maybe viking related, or just dwarfs..not sure but I think it had swords/knifes too. It was 3D I think and I remember there being torches on the walls (castle walls maybe?)

Super long shot but I never found it again.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
I wish I could find an iso for this game
I think it was AOL The Quest!

youtu.be

The Quest! Opening

Game sampler disk opening from the 1990's.
One of the few things I can find from it. Would love to experience it again.
It was like an edutainment adventure "game".

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

- PC
- Could find an axe
- I remember a bridge

I think it was some kind of RPG and maybe viking related, or just dwarfs..not sure but I think it had swords/knifes too. It was 3D I think and I remember there being torches on the walls (castle walls maybe?)

That doesn't narrow it down much. Are we talking first-person or third-person? 3D? Action or strategic? Real-time? Conversation trees?

Edit: Y'know, I'll go for a wild guess, given the date: Stonekeep?

P2kJU4l.png

I assume not given I'd have imagined the FMV characters would be one of the first things people remember, but it's worth a shot!

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I've asked before with little success so I'll try again to see if I have any luck this time. It's an old PC game, I think originally late 80s. It was a top-down adventure game (actually a lot like Adventure on Atari, but more detailed), it's set in a kingdom where you have to help the king do... something... There may have been RPG elements. I distinctly remember a submarine section of the game, where you navigate through a maze by finding bubbles that teleport you to another section of the maze. I believe it was published in one of those multi-pack gamepacks and one of the other games was the Mario Bros PC port.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

- PC
- Could find an axe
- I remember a bridge

Die By the Sword?
Dark Vengeance?
Rune?

Super vague but try those.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Die By the Sword?
Dark Vengeance?
Rune?

Super vague but try those.

..all 3 look like it might be the game im thinking of, but looks like rune is closest! I'm gonna check some videos of it now to be sure but I think it's that one!

Edit: 99% sure it's that one now after looking at some footage, I remember the axes and shields I see in this multiplayer footage. Though I don't remember any of the levels. Think what I played was a demo from a PC gamer magazine. Also I thought it was a dwarf but I guess it was just a viking and kid me couldn't tell lol.

Last edited:

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know the name of this game I remember playing:

- Japanese Sega Genesis game
- Some sort of 3d space game. You could fly anywhere as long as you had enough fuel (just guessing, didn't understand what I was doing because it was all in japanese)
- You can land in planets and explore them in first person

I might have asked for this specific game here or in a different forum, but I can't remember if I got the answer then

Deleted member 17210

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know the name of this game I remember playing:

- Japanese Sega Genesis game
- Some sort of 3d space game. You could fly anywhere as long as you had enough fuel (just guessing, didn't understand what I was doing because it was all in japanese)
- You can land in planets and explore them in first person

I might have asked for this specific game here or in a different forum, but I can't remember if I got the answer then
Star Cruiser?

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
..all 3 look like it might be the game im thinking of, but looks like rune is closest! I'm gonna check some videos of it now to be sure but I think it's that one!

Edit: 99% sure it's that one now after looking at some footage, I remember the axes and shields I see in this multiplayer footage. Though I don't remember any of the levels. Think what I played was a demo from a PC gamer magazine. Also I thought it was a dwarf but I guess it was just a viking and kid me couldn't tell lol.

Rune is a cool game, definitley worth playing today, its on steam for pretty cheap

EccoCid

Mar 7, 2018
London
Ok I got one!

It was an Amiga 500 game, top down where you control some sort of robot/mech thing. After each level you can modify upgrade your mech. I think levels were short and mission based. I kinda remember you can change different parts of your machine like wheels, arms etc. There is a similar looking game like that which i always end up finding but that doesn't have that upgrade mechanics. I think it can be played by 2 player too.

Deleted member 17210

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok I got one!

It was an Amiga 500 game, top down where you control some sort of robot/mech thing. After each level you can modify upgrade your mech. I think levels were short and mission based. I kinda remember you can change different parts of your machine like wheels, arms etc. There is a similar looking game like that which i always end up finding but that doesn't have that upgrade mechanics. I think it can be played by 2 player too.
Steel Empire AKA Cyber Empires?

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Wonder if anyone can help me out on this. I got a PS2 Christmas 2001 in the UK, so PAL.

It came with a dreadful car game so I only remember it because it was so bad, i also feel like it was open world-ish or a city to navigate.

Any how, the closest I can find is 'Gadget Racer', but apparently this didn't launch here until after 2001 in PAL territories.

Any ideas? I'm sure the title was like a couple of letters then racer (not RC Racing/racer, though).

Vague Rant

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Wonder if anyone can help me out on this. I got a PS2 Christmas 2001 in the UK, so PAL.

It came with a dreadful car game so I only remember it because it was so bad, i also feel like it was open world-ish or a city to navigate.

Any how, the closest I can find is 'Gadget Racer', but apparently this didn't launch here until after 2001 in PAL territories.

Any ideas? I'm sure the title was like a couple of letters then racer (not RC Racing/racer, though).
This doesn't line up with your thoughts on the title, but is there any chance it was a PS1 game that you were playing via backward compatibility? Gadget Racers/Penny Racers is actually an entry in an extremely long-running series of games based on some real-world Japanese toy cars. There was a Penny Racers game for PS1 where you drove around an open world city which was littered with different races and stuff. I personally really enjoyed it, but if I was playing a PS1 game on a PS2 without realizing, I'd probably think it was pretty bad.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
This doesn't line up with your thoughts on the title, but is there any chance it was a PS1 game that you were playing via backward compatibility? Gadget Racers/Penny Racers is actually an entry in an extremely long-running series of games based on some real-world Japanese toy cars. There was a Penny Racers game for PS1 where you drove around an open world city which was littered with different races and stuff. I personally really enjoyed it, but if I was playing a PS1 game on a PS2 without realizing, I'd probably think it was pretty bad.
Thanks for responding, I've actually been speaking with my uncle about this and we found it - Top Gear Dare Devil.