• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
When I was a kid, I played a game (pretty sure it was via Snes emulator on pc) at a friends house. It was from ego perspective and the mainchar was a drug dealer. The soundtrack was limited to coolios gangsters paradise. Always thought the name of the game is Street Life, but last time I've checked I did not find it.

Apr 9, 2019
CLT
Does anyone here remember a weird mostly-FMV game peppered with mini-games for PC that involved cartoon characters escaping from the television set and transforming your apartment building into an anarchic toon playground? The objective is to track down the characters and try to wrestle the remote back from them.

The game was weirdly dark in the vein of a lot of early 90's Nickelodeon shows, but even more menacing. The toons were so powerful they were basically like Eldritch abominations.

MisterBleach

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone here remember a weird mostly-FMV game peppered with mini-games for PC that involved cartoon characters escaping from the television set and transforming your apartment building into an anarchic toon playground? The objective is to track down the characters and try to wrestle the remote back from them.

The game was weirdly dark in the vein of a lot of early 90's Nickelodeon shows, but even more menacing. The toons were so powerful they were basically like Eldritch abominations.

Cool World?

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Another game from that day was some electric light puzzle type of game. The main interface was this grid of windows on a building. Also mostly black and white. It was confusing, but one of the teachers said it was fun once you figured it out.

Sounds like Lights Out

Probably Stay Tooned.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like Lights Out
I couldn't find a standalone game called like that, but then I searched for it under MECC and found it! It's in Multiplication Puzzles. I remember the game being darker, but it seems just as confusing as I remember it. And if even has that rock-paper-scissors game where the computer always wins! Strangely, I didn't remember any math being involved.
Yes, this is what I've been trying to remember all these years. Thank you!

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
There's a game I played on PC over 20 years ago I barely remember. I remember it was a DOS game. it was a 3D probably action RPG adventure.
the first scene was the main character waking up with a woman by his side.
My memory is a bit fuzzy here but I don't remember if the setting was fantasy or hunter gatherer age. I think the main char wears animal skin (I don't remember). It's not Akuji the heartless.

prid13

Mar 31, 2019
There's this Flash game I've been trying to search for for years now -- I just can't remember the name. I remember the gameplay being a "redneck"-type of guy with red caps or something, standing in the back of a pickup truck with a gun of choice. It's a 2D game where you can control the truck along the horizontal road and also shoot at other cars around you.

The main theme was the instrumental of Bobby Valentino - Slow Down. The intro starts with the main guy sitting behind his TV, watching news of a live car chase or something, and then the car/helicopter comes crashing down through his wall.

I've tried and tried searching, but searching for Flash games isn't easy. The game is from around 2006-2009. Would appreciate if someone also remembers this :)

Poor Illustration of the Game:
Slow-Down-Flash-Game.png

---------------------------------
EDIT: FOUND IT!

The game is called Streets of Valhalla

Real screenshot of game (not too shabby):
1948-640x480.jpg

Last edited:

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to find the name of an old PC game that I vaguely remember from being a kid, mostly because I never ended up playing it.

I think it was some plane or helicopter game. I was trying to install it on my 486 PC with a whole 4 or 8 MB ram. I remember that throughout the installation process, the game would generate various maps (landscapes) that I assume were levels for the game. I have no idea because this painstakingly slow process would go on for hours and hours and I never saw the end of it, even after letting the game generate them for an entire night. You could see them getting drawn as they were getting generated. At some point I just gave up and assumed my computer was too slow to run this game anyway considering how long this map generation process was taking.

Does anyone know what game this is? I never got to know what it actually looks/plays like in gameplay.

Thanks!

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to find the name of an old PC game that I vaguely remember from being a kid, mostly because I never ended up playing it.

I think it was some plane or helicopter game. I was trying to install it on my 486 PC with a whole 4 or 8 MB ram. I remember that throughout the installation process, the game would generate various maps (landscapes) that I assume were levels for the game. I have no idea because this painstakingly slow process would go on for hours and hours and I never saw the end of it, even after letting the game generate them for an entire night. You could see them getting drawn as they were getting generated. At some point I just gave up and assumed my computer was too slow to run this game anyway considering how long this map generation process was taking.

Does anyone know what game this is? I never got to know what it actually looks/plays like in gameplay.

Thanks!

Maybe its Strike Commander
an interesting article on it is here and specifically mentions the map generation.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
Trying to find this game I played on arcade long time ago. It's a top down (or isometric?) dungeons and dragons type of game which you choose character or class. I distintively remember playing this on arcade table.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe its Strike Commander
an interesting article on it is here and specifically mentions the map generation.

OH YES!! That's exactly it! Wow!! Thank you! Holy hell I vividly remember that map generation screen, no doubt about it! I can't believe the article says the map generation process took just one hour on a 386 because I swear I left that thing running overnight on my 486 and it still wasn't done in the morning! It must mean that either something was very wrong with the game disks, or that maybe my PC at the time (a Compaq Presario) had something very unusual about it (because, I mean, all other games ran just fine)...

Quite a shame because it looked like something way ahead of its time, but now looking at the screenshots I'm not sure I'd even want to play it.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay guys, hoping you can help me help a friend. There is this game he played back when we were young, he remembers it a little bit but I have no memory of it at all. After a long conversation, these are the details he was able to give me to work with.

Played in 94-96
Believe it was on genesis
Male knight
gameplay somewhat mega man like
Gained new abilities from killing bosses, armor would change depeneding on what ability you had selected
One ability let you shoot three projectiles from your sword
Doesnt remember there being any sort of rpg element to it
Color pallet was kind of muted, graphics kind of along the lines of golden axe/golden axe 2

Not Ys 3.

I'm kind of doubting anyone can help us figure this out, but thought I'd give it a shot.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Okay guys, hoping you can help me help a friend. There is this game he played back when we were young, he remembers it a little bit but I have no memory of it at all. After a long conversation, these are the details he was able to give me to work with.

I'm kind of doubting anyone can help us figure this out, but thought I'd give it a shot.
Saint Sword?

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not completely forgotten as I remember the franchise, but for the love of god I can't remember which one it was.

It was one of the Army Men games on PS1, maybe one of the Sarge games. I vividly remember a level on a large kitchen table with cups used as portals, as well as a freezer/ice cube tray level??? and a strangely out of place hot tall lady???? There may have also been mortars in a desert level and multiplayer

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

Not entirely the same but I remember that the game GODS had a similar gameplay style and one of the weapons was throwing 3 daggers at the same time.

gods-05.png

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017

Long shot but maybe Leander / Legend of Galahad ?

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
There's a game I played on PC over 20 years ago I barely remember. I remember it was a DOS game. it was a 3D probably action RPG adventure.
the first scene was the main character waking up with a woman by his side.
My memory is a bit fuzzy here but I don't remember if the setting was fantasy or hunter gatherer age. I think the main char wears animal skin (I don't remember). It's not Akuji the heartless.
Here are some other tidbits I remembered the other day. At one point something happens to the main character. He either turns into a monster or his skin gets burned or he switches bodies with someone. He gets attacked by a guard. the MC start yelling "stop! I'm <character name> in which the guard replied "no you're not. I now that guy you're not him"

I appreciate it you guys.

Oct 26, 2017
Let's see if some of the older folk can remember this one:

Back in the early 90s, I believe, there was an arcade that featured a small wizard boy / small person and you traversed through a medieval setting. The first boss was a giant skeleton. I think the game was a clone of Ghouls n Ghosts.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Let's see if some of the older folk can remember this one:

Back in the early 90s, I believe, there was an arcade that featured a small wizard boy / small person and you traversed through a medieval setting. The first boss was a giant skeleton. I think the game was a clone of Ghouls n Ghosts.

Legend of Heroe Tonma?

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Im looking for a pc racing game from the nineties. The main theme was beach buggies I believe although there were other courses. It used large sprites for the racers and felt like a japanese game. Very colorfull, almost manga like characters. Controlled like Mario kart I think.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Here are some other tidbits I remembered the other day. At one point something happens to the main character. He either turns into a monster or his skin gets burned or he switches bodies with someone. He gets attacked by a guard. the MC start yelling "stop! I'm <character name> in which the guard replied "no you're not. I now that guy you're not him"

I appreciate it you guys.

This one should be Ecstatica.

Can't remember if I or II.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Im looking for a pc racing game from the nineties. The main theme was beach buggies I believe although there were other courses. It used large sprites for the racers and felt like a japanese game. Very colorfull, almost manga like characters. Controlled like Mario kart I think.

Beetle Crazy Cup? Doesn't quite fit the criteria but...

I loved this and played it for ages when it came out, so any excuse to remind people of it :)

actthafool

Oct 27, 2017

I know this is super obvious but it sounds a lot like Ghouls N Ghosts to me.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Chakan The Forever Man?

Oct 25, 2017
Noir York City
How about this one. PC Science Edutainment game from around 1998 or so. Was on CD, where you played as a super hero with a red suit, blonde hair and I believe a blue cape. He was a dingus who didn't know a lot about science but his spunky girl sidekick did. They were fighting a mad scientist type that I believe had a lair in a volcano???

I distinctly remember a laser puzzle of using glass to reflect lasers around that was super annoying. Had voice clips, sorta of ok animation, and silly sound effects. I can't recall the name for the life of me but I remember struggling through it while I waited for Dark Forces 2 levels to load.

Any one have any ideas? Been thinking about this one for a while.

Benes

Apr 17, 2019
Hello everybody. Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Circa 1999 on vacation I remember playing on handheld device (probably GB but I am not 100% positive on it) a game which was some sort of High School Track&Field simulator but with a lot of RPG/managerial sides (you need to decide how to train the team, lot of dialogues).

This game was in possession of a guy I never saw again.

Many thanks for whoever is going to solve this 20 years enigma.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everybody. Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Circa 1999 on vacation I remember playing on handheld device (probably GB but I am not 100% positive on it) a game which was some sort of High School Track&Field simulator but with a lot of RPG/managerial sides (you need to decide how to train the team, lot of dialogues).

This game was in possession of a guy I never saw again.

Many thanks for whoever is going to solve this 20 years enigma.

Could possibly be a Kunio-Kun; there's a Game Boy version of Crash 'n' The Boys Street Challenge, which certainly ticks a few of the boxes.

Benes

Apr 17, 2019
Could possibly be a Kunio-Kun; there's a Game Boy version of Crash 'n' The Boys Street Challenge, which certainly ticks a few of the boxes.

It definitely strikes a great resemblance to my distant memories, thank you.

The only "weird" thing is that (according to Wikipedia) it was never released in EU, even though I am from EU and I played it on PAL GameBoy. Could have been some sort of bootleg version? I could be mixing up stuff, but I remember also a selection menu for different games in the same cartridge, which could sustain this hypothesis.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
It definitely strikes a great resemblance to my distant memories, thank you.

The only "weird" thing is that (according to Wikipedia) it was never released in EU, even though I am from EU and I played it on PAL GameBoy. Could have been some sort of bootleg version? I could be mixing up stuff, but I remember also a selection menu for different games in the same cartridge, which could sustain this hypothesis.
That does sound like bootleg behaviour, yeah. Might also have had some romhackiness on top, too. Worth bearing in mind that GBs were region-free, so being from EU wouldn't necessarily have mattered.

One other possibility that strikes me with the mention of multigame choices which wouldn't necessarily mean bootlegs is the Konami GB collection, which included the GB version of Track & Field in its line-up, and the GB version differed a little from the other versions (although not, as far as I'm aware, to the extent of including management elements)

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I'm trying to Find a game that i played in my childhood on my 286 pc.
It was a sci fi Game and you were this guy going around some sort of base or space station and at one point you get on a ship and at the captain's chair you have to input some code or coordinates to advance. Never got past that part as i never Did Find them.
The graphics were pretty basic (cartoon like) with it just showing an area (environment) and i think you Could use the arrows to get to the next area (which would trigger a walking animation of the Main character)and mouse (if i remember correctly) to click on items in the scene.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
A Game that came out between 2006-2010, was on at least the PS3.

Really basic first person shooter. Think the opening level was set at night and you fought through back gardens in like a suburban neighbourhood against weird alien creatures. You were a military dude i think, against an alien invasion?

vicegold

Oct 27, 2017
I once played a PS1 game which was coop if I remember correctly. It was a 3D game where the camera wasn't behind the player but observing from the ceiling. You could pick up random items like pipes or hammers as weapons. The level I played was indoor. Sadly I don't remember much more.