• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
wauw eso76 wrote the exact same games while I was googling for pictures.. lol

It's ok, we can share the "connoisseur of semi-obscure C64 games" medal :)

Yo Spin Master is right on the money!

I've always wondered what that game was cause the pixelart looked interesting, thanks man!

Hah! Wasn't 1000% sure tbh, it's been a while, but glad to be of help.
It's some sort of spiritual sequel to the more popular Caveman Ninja which looks very similar, so you might want to check that too if you don't already know it.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This is seriously just beyond insane. Those are the exact games. That Blood and Guts is something I've tried googling for so many times. And immediately I saw that still on Law of the West I could remember the pharmacist dialog.

You peeps are just goddamn awesome. In less than thirty minutes I got answers. Now just gotta find the ROMS :)

you could even try to combine both games.. and play Western games.. it is a "Games" like game, and it has a Western theme.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
It was for the longest time a game I guess my parents bought for me in the early 90's for DOS that was basically an adventure/educational game and I had no clue what the name of the game was until like a decade ago when someone on the Something Awful forums brought it up in a lets play or something. The game was called Peppers Adventures In Times and it was put out by Sierra in 1993. It's no Monkey Island but it's decent from what I remember.

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
So, lately I've been struggling with remembering the name of an old PC game (it used 3D graphics and looked early 2000s at best) where you control a futuristic transformable vehicle on alien planet and the gameplay were mostly based on utilizing multiple vehicle forms to overcome the obstacles (like you could like inflate the wheels to pass the little lake or something). I also remerber this game having a space scenery with planets floating around the orbit on a main menu.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Firehawk sounds about right. I think it had a switch in the back, as it wasn't a certified Nintendo game.

After watching some of that video, yes, that's totally the game.

Game was awesome.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I'll try one more time then give up. Here's what I know for a fact:

It was on a Sega system, most likely Dreamcast, maybe Saturn
it was 3d
Your lives were items that resembled carabiners, those things you use while rock climbing on the ropes.
Isn't one of those disaster games that had multiple games on Playstation. Don't remember the name. Maybe it was disaster report or something.They were the suggestions earlier in this thread.

What I think I know but may be wrong:

Close to the system's launch in North America
top down
Was set on an island
Last level was near a cliff and maybe a waterfall. I remember a lot water.
Think it was based on a natural disaster.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

it was 3d
Your lives were items that resembled carabiners, those things you use while rock climbing on the ropes.
Isn't one of those disaster games that had multiple games on Playstation. Don't remember the name. Maybe it was disaster report or something.They were the suggestions earlier in this thread.

top down
Was set on an island
Any possible chance it's Blue Stinger? There's a lot of water in that game and it was an early Dreamcast release.

Give Expendable a look too. It's a top-down game that kinda fits your description.

Last edited:

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Any possible chance it's Blue Stinger? There's a lot of water in that game and it was an early Dreamcast release.

Give Expendable a look too. It's a top-down game that kinda fits your description.

Expendable has the right camera angle but the game I'm looking for has slower action in it. I remember you were more likely to fall to your death than die from enemies and that's why the extra lives are carabiners.

Oct 26, 2017
Wow Firehawk! I used to love that one but totally forgot about it. For some reason the name 'The Rebublic of Lafia' was always stuck in my head though.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Neither of those. I think the main character was a woman. I wish I could remember the enemies or something. I remember the end was surviving waves of enemies.
Was it a shooter or was it more of a brawler?
I think shooting but nothing like Resident Evil 6 where you got lots of guns and ammo. Only two parts of the game I remember. Going through a store and the end was you surviving until a helicopter arrived. All I remember is my older brother never beat it so I don't know the ending.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Neither of those. I think the main character was a woman. I wish I could remember the enemies or something. I remember the end was surviving waves of enemies.
I think shooting but nothing like Resident Evil 6 where you got lots of guns and ammo. Only two parts of the game I remember. Going through a store and the end was you surviving until a helicopter arrived. All I remember is my older brother never beat it so I don't know the ending.
Carrier?

Illbleed?

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

it was 3d

top down
Was set on an island
They don't fully match the descriptions but D2 or Carrier?

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I used to play this adventure/point and click game on a Windows computer, circa 2009 or so I think. First person perspective, and it was from a casual game developer like Sandlot Games IIRC. Very much like a hidden object game.

I think I remember an area like a greenhouse, and a globe in it.

trippyturtle

Mar 11, 2019
Friend showed me a visual novel about a guy whose senses are distorted & it's a horror game? Perspective switches between normal everyday life & a hellscape that literally freaked me out & I had to stop playing 5 mins in out of sheer fear.

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Friend showed me a visual novel about a guy whose senses are distorted & it's a horror game? Perspective switches between normal everyday life & a hellscape that literally freaked me out & I had to stop playing 5 mins in out of sheer fear.
Song of Saya! Its pretty scary and definitely has some super not ok moments in its more NSFW scenes but overall its a really cool story and it made me think and reflect a lot

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Mega Drive/ Genesis game where you play as a female knight(not sure, she's fully clad in armor) you could upgrade/change your armor, it was a platform game with RPG elements. I've tried to google it several times, but to no avail. I remember you could press up to enter caves and portals and such.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Drive/ Genesis game where you play as a female knight(not sure, she's fully clad in armor) you could upgrade/change your armor, it was a platform game with RPG elements. I've tried to google it several times, but to no avail. I remember you could press up to enter caves and portals and such.

Alisia Dragoon perhaps?

ZPMD

Oct 25, 2017

Cadash?

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
So. Here's what I remember:

This was a game for DOS or early Windows
It was some sort of helicopter shoot-em-up
It was a side-scroller shmup specifically (not top down, definitely not isometric or polygons)
I believe the first couple levels were in the clouds and then around a city. I don't remember being good at it, but I was really young when I played it.

The game over sound was really memorable to me, because it sounded really goofy. I think it may very well have been this stock sound clip. I thought it was hilarious, but, again, really young.

I've asked around a few places. Nobody really seems to know.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017

unlikely = sword of sodan
more likely = legend of galahad (fairly confident this is the one)

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
There was a text chat game and I think it was called Claude.

I got it on PC on a cd that had lots of small games on it.

I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know it by any other name.

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
Hi.
This is really wierd but fore some reason I got a game in the back of my mind. It came out somewhere in between 93-96 and on pc. In Sweden it was inkluded in a demodisk for a swedish gaming magazine. I remember there beeing som mention in the newspaper about games beeing more then games because it was some sort of yoga/therapy interakive video of some sort. I really don't remember much but I probably played it a lot because it was free.

So... some sort of therapy/yoga new age -ish game from the 90is. The name would probably not say so much to me but I'm hoping on a youtube video.

Ichtyander

Oct 25, 2017
Hi.
This is really wierd but fore some reason I got a game in the back of my mind. It came out somewhere in between 93-96 and on pc. In Sweden it was inkluded in a demodisk for a swedish gaming magazine. I remember there beeing som mention in the newspaper about games beeing more then games because it was some sort of yoga/therapy interakive video of some sort. I really don't remember much but I probably played it a lot because it was free.

So... some sort of therapy/yoga new age -ish game from the 90is. The name would probably not say so much to me but I'm hoping on a youtube video.

Maybe Endorfun?

David Addison

Oct 28, 2017

Going with Blades of Vengeance (because mostly everything else was taken already).

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
Racing game, roughly mid 90s, running on one of those pseudo voxel-engines like the Novalogic games (and Outcast).
In my memory I 'think' it was on Amiga but that could be wrong and it was PC - but without a name I haven't been able to find media of it online either.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Alisia Dragoon perhaps?

Going with Blades of Vengeance (because mostly everything else was taken already).

Nope, but thanks for the help.

unlikely = sword of sodan
more likely = legend of galahad (fairly confident this is the one)

Yes! I think this is it? I used to think it was a woman, but I guess my child eyes were wrong!

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! I think this is it? I used to think it was a woman, but I guess my child eyes were wrong!

when i read your post the sprite for that game popped into my head straight away,it took me a while to find the name of it again.the reason being is skirt like lower half and the horse tail plume on top of the helmet making you think the character was a woman,or changing your memory of it.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Racing game, roughly mid 90s, running on one of those pseudo voxel-engines like the Novalogic games (and Outcast).
In my memory I 'think' it was on Amiga but that could be wrong and it was PC - but without a name I haven't been able to find media of it online either.

Amiga and voxels ? Hmm.
Unlikely, though not impossible. At least it narrows down the search to a handful AGA titles.
Wheels on Fire is the only Amiga voxels based racing game I can think of from that era; there's a couple more but those are post mortem releases.

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
Mega Race I still remember rather well, so sadly no (it's using prerendered CD tracks as is).

Unlikely, though not impossible.
I know - it 'is' possible I got things mixed up with a PC release, I mean it has been 20-25 years.
Anyway Wheels on Fire looks like it might fit the bill, thanks (voxels and all), although the art-style of Desert Racing 'felt' more familiar (and given that was released in 2005 that's obviously wrong).

Piotrek

Oct 28, 2017
Warsaw, PL
I just remembered a game from my childhood and can't remember the name. It was a PC game (maybe a console port), most probably mid to late 90s, top down or slightly isometric perspective, and quite nice 2D pixel graphics. In my memory it kind of resembles the top-down sections in Albion. I remember it being an adventure game that took place in a monastery of sorts and the main character was most probably an apprentice. I remember that there was a bell tower and garden section, and gameplay was based around talking to people, using items and solving puzzles.

I'd greatly appreciate any help, I can't get it out of my head.

Last edited:

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I know - it 'is' possible I got things mixed up with a PC release, I mean it has been 20-25 years.
Anyway Wheels on Fire looks like it might fit the bill, thanks (voxels and all), although the art-style of Desert Racing 'felt' more familiar (and given that was released in 2005 that's obviously wrong).

There's at least another one on Amiga:
AMRVoxel. Might want to check it out.

If not that, then it has to be PC but to be honest I don't remember many voxels based racers on PC either at the time.

BordyDogue

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
- Racing game for PS3 and/or X360 where, at least in the 2P mode, you select your desired car brand in a grid-based menu. One of the brands was Land Rover so it was probably a high-profile game like Gran Turismo, but I can't find any footage to support this

- Point-and-click game from late 90s / early 00s where the objective is to rescue turtles. I don't remember what the player character looked like, but one segment requires you to help a crocodile with rhyming

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
- Racing game for PS3 and/or X360 where, at least in the 2P mode, you select your desired car brand in a grid-based menu. One of the brands was Land Rover so it was probably a high-profile game like Gran Turismo, but I can't find any footage to support this

Could it be Off-Road (or 9Ford Racing Off-Road as it was called in NA)?

BordyDogue

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Could it be Off-Road (or 9Ford Racing Off-Road as it was called in NA)?
Thanks for your help but I finally found it, it's Gran Turismo 4. That brand select screen is so distinct, I'd never forget it. I guess I played it on PS3 but forgot it's a PS2 game
186488-gran-turismo-4-playstation-2-screenshot-arcade-car-selection.jpg

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
Bit of a long shot: It was a PS1/PSX-era game, I think it was a survival horror? There were 3 or more protagonists you played as them and you could switch through them at will. I think it was set either in space or in a facility.