• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hamoody

Oct 25, 2017
I had a game I played on the PS2, it had a superhero (I think?) who had blonde hair and a black jacket. All I remember is he had lightning powers and he had this weapon in his hands as you adventure through a carnival.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I played a racing simulator on PS2 that has several championships of the most varied types of cars, the damage system was very good, depending on the beat,you could lost the wheels, the wing, destroy the car and end your racing,it has races since the asphalt to the mud.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
A 2D art indie game for PC where you play as Death or a skeleton or something, with gameplay heavily inspired by Paper Mario. Last I heard it had not yet released. Please tell me I didn't just imagine this, lol.
Going by your description it has to be Flipping Death:

There is also Death Coming for PC:

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played a master system game where you played as a hunter and visited villages castlevania 2 style.

darfreeze

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Behind you
When I was a child, I played this game on the PS1. It has tanklike mechs and hawklike-planes and a base and you can play with your friend on a destroy the base or capture the flag I think. I remember so little but the level designs have this maze like structures on them.

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
Played a master system game where you played as a hunter and visited villages castlevania 2 style.

Master of Darkness?

89101-Master_of_Darkness_(Europe)-1504068577-thumb.png

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i remember playing this on my older cousin's computer, on windows 95 or maybe 98. you were controlling a spaceship, moving only left or right, and jumping with space, and the world was moving towards you (like temple run or subway surfers), there were some blocks that you couldn't land on (not sure on this).
also i believe it was a shareware kinda thing, cuz there were a lot of levels but i could only play the first two or three

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
i remember playing this on my older cousin's computer, on windows 95 or maybe 98. you were controlling a spaceship, moving only left or right, and jumping with space, and the world was moving towards you (like temple run or subway surfers), there were some blocks that you couldn't land on (not sure on this).
also i believe it was a shareware kinda thing, cuz there were a lot of levels but i could only play the first two or three
SkyRoads?

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Okay, so I remember playing this soccer arcade game at Chuck E. Cheese's a long time ago. In the game you could use superpowers to block shots or shoot harder. The only super power I can remember was the goalie being able to erect a wall to block shots

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Going by your description it has to be Flipping Death:

There is also Death Coming for PC
Hmm, I don't think it was one of those, because it was definitely a turned-based RPG with a camera setup like Paper Mario (and, I think, handdrawn graphics like game #1 has). The player character might not have been Death himself, it might've just been a generic skeleton or something; I'm hazy on that detail. Definitely a 'skeleton-type' spooky vibe for the environment at least, lol.

But at any rate, those are two cool-looking indies I hadn't seen before, so thanks!

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
A Pac-Man clone (with carrots?!) released on Colecovision. Not that I need to replay that game but oh boy, so many memories.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing a game way back, not sure what platform to be honest but I was very young.

You were this sort of one legged/wheeled robot thingie, and a big part was building a roller coaster by the beach(?) and it went into first person every time you went on it. All I remember was constantly building roller coasters.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I remember playing a game way back, not sure what platform to be honest but I was very young.

You were this sort of one legged/wheeled robot thingie, and a big part was building a roller coaster by the beach(?) and it went into first person every time you went on it. All I remember was constantly building roller coasters.
I've not played it myself, but I *think* that's probably Rocket: Robot on Wheels

Lopy

Oct 27, 2017
N64 game - Some slime balls racing in some blue background

I remember that each track was different and you should stick to some platforms to continue racing

PolskiGamer17

Oct 27, 2017
On PC there was a game where you could play as two characters, Male or Female, it was a hack and slash game with map screen that allowed for different paths and apparently it was on a PS1 or PS2 too. For the hell of me I can't find the name of the game.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Damn I can't even find it on YouTube. This is tough!
The thing that's interesting here is that it's Colecovision, because that's got a relatively small library - only a few hundred titles. It should be possible to check each and every one. However, looking at Mobygames and filtering the way that seems most likely (Arcade/Action/Top Down) doesn't show any games that seem to fit that bill. Wondering if it's represented in some other way.

FoXR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Ok, Resettis help me out: A PC game with winter sports, pretty sure it had 3D graphics but might be my brain tricking me, it had Bobsled, slalom, luge maybe, it was super hard for me for some reason, I played it in maybe 94-95-96 not sure because it was at my old brother's job and I was like 6 or 7.

alias bean

Oct 27, 2017
There was a game on a PlayStation 1 demo disk I believe? It was an arena type game with an overhead view kinda like DOTA. You fought against other people and laid traps to kill them. I feel like I remember it being kind of anime-ish. My friends and I played the demo so much we broke the disc.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, Resettis help me out: A PC game with winter sports, pretty sure it had 3D graphics but might be my brain tricking me, it had Bobsled, slalom, luge maybe, it was super hard for me for some reason, I played it in maybe 94-95-96 not sure because it was at my old brother's job and I was like 6 or 7.
Winter Olimpics: Lillehammer '94 would make most sense in that time period.

plast

Oct 25, 2017
Like Polk said, probably Lillehammer '94. Or it might have been good old Winter Challenge. Seems like everyone had that game.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Hmm, I don't think it was one of those, because it was definitely a turned-based RPG with a camera setup like Paper Mario (and, I think, handdrawn graphics like game #1 has). The player character might not have been Death himself, it might've just been a generic skeleton or something; I'm hazy on that detail. Definitely a 'skeleton-type' spooky vibe for the environment at least, lol.

But at any rate, those are two cool-looking indies I hadn't seen before, so thanks!

It's not Darkest Dungeon is it?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/Darkest_Dungeon/

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
No, I don't think so; though that's another cool-looking indie game I'm awaiting the Switch port for. I definitely saw a preview article for it some years back on one of the sites I frequented (Dtoid, Polygon, Siliconera). But I'm having no luck Googling, and if no one here knows what I'm talking about either I suppose I should just give up and assume I imagined it into existence, lol.

Goskarrr

Oct 27, 2017
Remember playing when I was 8 a Godzilla like city destroying game on an 8 inch floppy disk running on a very old computer in the 90's. Computer didn't have a GUI but the game was fun, lots of ballistic trajectories. Can't remember much more, I believe it was colored though.

ImLikeTT

Oct 28, 2017
The land of id Software
Growing up, my town's skate rink had a fair number of arcade games and pinball machines they'd bought through the years since opening in the late 60s/early 70s and the newest cabinet they had was Tekken 2 (to give a timeline to help anyone willing to figure this out). I remember playing a car game that had a cabinet design very similar to the upright for Cruis'n USA but I don't remember the game having 3d visuals at all. The gear shift design is the same as Cruis'n and a couple buttons to go along with the steering wheel, but I can't remember if it had two pedals or one (more likely one). A small part of my brain wants to say there were weapons for the car but I can't be sure. Unfortunately the skate rink doesn't have pictures of the arcade cabinets up on their website or facebook page.

Oct 26, 2017
Growing up, my town's skate rink had a fair number of arcade games and pinball machines they'd bought through the years since opening in the late 60s/early 70s and the newest cabinet they had was Tekken 2 (to give a timeline to help anyone willing to figure this out). I remember playing a car game that had a cabinet design very similar to the upright for Cruis'n USA but I don't remember the game having 3d visuals at all. The gear shift design is the same as Cruis'n and a couple buttons to go along with the steering wheel, but I can't remember if it had two pedals or one (more likely one). A small part of my brain wants to say there were weapons for the car but I can't be sure. Unfortunately the skate rink doesn't have pictures of the arcade cabinets up on their website or facebook page.

You say no 3D visuals but was it a pseudo 3d game ala Outrun? Maybe Special Criminal Investigation?

ImLikeTT

Oct 28, 2017
The land of id Software
You say no 3D visuals but was it a pseudo 3d game ala Outrun? Maybe Special Criminal Investigation?
OHMYGOSH IT IS SPECIAL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION! Thank you so much, it's been bothering me for years that I couldn't remember that game. It took me reading a wikipedia page to remember the name of one of my favorite pinball machines there, Roller Games. Bless y'all.