• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukemon

Oct 27, 2017
An indie game on PC and PS3 I think.
It was a 3D action game the may have been a boss rush, but it looked like a mix between Souls and MediEvil in terms of aesthetics, where you played as a knight, and I think the game was numbered as a sequel, even though it wasn't.

This sounds like it's almost certainly Strength Of The Sword III, which was awesome. Think the Ultimate version met its Kickstarter a few years back, so it's supposedly coming to current platforms... one day.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A Jurassic Park RTS lite game that came in (I could be wrong) Windows 98 disk. Basically you can control humans and some dino that you can hatch.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This sounds like it's almost certainly Strength Of The Sword III, which was awesome. Think the Ultimate version met its Kickstarter a few years back, so it's supposedly coming to current platforms... one day.

Ah, that's it!
I thought I remember mention of a sequel, but I wasn't sure about that.

Thanks!

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Here's a weird one i tried to find for so many years:

I believe it is called "Geotran" or"Geotrun" (or maybe even "Geo-run"), and it was for MS DOS. (pretty sure about that)

The goal of the game is to solve an enigma, or an object to find, you play against other players (CPU or local multiplayer), and to do so you need to travel the world to find hints using planes. The player who solves the enigma (or find the object) first wins the game.

You could choose the CPU characters to face before starting the game, and i remember one of them was called Natasha and she was russian.

Each CPU character also has a little jingle that either introduces the character or it plays when one of them win the game, and i remember her jingle, i can even sing it, i believe it's a popular song but i can't name that either.

The gameplay is basically the world map (with a bunch of UI stuffs around), you have to travel the world visiting cities to find hints and you need to plan in advance your travels checking things like the weather and other events in order to save time.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
Here's a weird one i tried to find for so many years:

I believe it is called "Geotran" or"Geotrun" (or maybe even "Geo-run"), and it was for MS DOS. (pretty sure about that)

The goal of the game is to solve an enigma, or an object to find, you play against other players (CPU or local multiplayer), and to do so you need to travel the world to find hints using planes. The player who solves the enigma (or find the object) first wins the game.

You could choose the CPU characters to face before starting the game, and i remember one of them was called Natasha and she was russian.

Each CPU character also has a little jingle that either introduces the character or it plays when one of them win the game, and i remember her jingle, i can even sing it, i believe it's a popular song but i can't name that either.

The gameplay is basically the world map (with a bunch of UI stuffs around), you have to travel the world visiting cities to find hints and you need to plan in advance your travels checking things like the weather and other events in order to save time.

The closest i can find from a quick search is this one. It sounds very similar and may help you find similar games?

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/bush-buck-global-treasure-hunter

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
The closest i can find from a quick search is this one. It sounds very similar and may help you find similar games?

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/bush-buck-global-treasure-hunter

Omg you did it, THANK YOU!

How did you find it so quickly? O_O

I think the italian localized version was maybe called Geotran or i don't know why that name, the game is exactly how i remember it. (i hope it holds up, i had a great fun playing it with my family back in the days)

EDIT: the jingle was actually the main theme lol

Last edited:

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Old PC game, in 2D. You have to annoy your neighbour by sneaking into his house and setting traps.

Nov 3, 2017
Omg you did it, THANK YOU!

How did you find it so quickly? O_O

I think the italian localized version was maybe called Geotran or i don't know why that name, the game is exactly how i remember it. (i hope it holds up, i had a great fun playing it with my family back in the days)

EDIT: the jingle was actually the main theme lol

Cool! I've just had a look back through my tab history but it the tab used was not in the list :(
I just searched for something like "geography search world map dos game" or maybe retro game and a few clicks later the moby games description was too close to not post :)

Hope you still have fun after all these years.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think this game is out yet but there was a co-op game featured in a nintendo direct some months ago. It might have even been e3. It looked like an overhead adventure/puzzle game where each player was a red or blue shape that would interact with the envionment to solve things. Kind of like Brothers but more kiddy. I dont remeber ever hearing about it since even though it sounded like it was coming soon. Any ideas?

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
I dont think this game is out yet but there was a co-op game featured in a nintendo direct some months ago. It might have even been e3. It looked like an overhead adventure/puzzle game where each player was a red or blue shape that would interact with the envionment to solve things. Kind of like Brothers but more kiddy. I dont remeber ever hearing about it since even though it sounded like it was coming soon. Any ideas?
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/snipperclips-switch
Snipperclips? It's a launch title for Switch.

Nov 3, 2017

Pode? There's an Orange glowing blob and a blue tinged cube wandering around doing co-op puzzles.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pode-switch

Nov 9, 2017
MS DOS game which is a dungeon crawler I got from Radio Shack on a Tandy computer. I think Quest may have been in the name. All I really remember is that it was fun, had better graphics than Rogue and you collect gold ingots and other loot.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
What was that game with the girls slapping each other? I never played it but it looks like it may have been a visual novel or similar. All of the screens I saw had a lot of dark color. Black dresses, dark backgrounds, etc. It was from several years ago.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Rose & Camellia?? It was a flash game from 2007

Hell yeah!
i8kFoM.gif

Thanks!

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
this one is probably easy:
It is one of "Tales of...", I played a little on Ps3, it started with a boy, short and black hair and I believe the game take place in the sewers in the first hour. I remember that you walk in the city at night.

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I remember my friend had a Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) and we used to play a 2 player game that was similar in style to R-Type / Apidya. I can't remember it's name but it had loads of power ups and the screen was filled with enemies all the time. Pretty sure it went vertical as well as horizontal. Would love to find it again and try it on an emulator.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember my friend had a Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) and we used to play a 2 player game that was similar in style to R-Type / Apidya. I can't remember it's name but it had loads of power ups and the screen was filled with enemies all the time. Pretty sure it went vertical as well as horizontal. Would love to find it again and try it on an emulator.
That could be a lot of games but the Apidya mention makes me think of Biohazard Battle.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Okay, there are two arcade games I cannot remember the names of. Both shmups, 1 from the early 80s, the other from maybe the late 80s.

The one from the early 80s (which I played in the late 80s) was like a glorified version of Galaga but with bright backgrounds and intricate enemy patterns, I remember the arcade machine was a table-top, not an upright.

The other game, probably from the late 80s which I played around 1991 was like a semi future WW2 vertical shump where you play as a red biplane. The enemies were small and the backgrounds were kinda detailed.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Okay, there are two arcade games I cannot remember the names of. Both shmups, 1 from the early 80s, the other from maybe the late 80s.

The one from the early 80s (which I played in the late 80s) was like a glorified version of Galaga but with bright backgrounds and intricate enemy patterns, I remember the arcade machine was a table-top, not an upright.

The other game, probably from the late 80s which I played around 1991 was like a semi future WW2 vertical shump where you play as a red biplane. The enemies were small and the backgrounds were kinda detailed.

Not a biplane but could it have been Raiden as you flew a red plane in that series?

EDIT: Or possibly Flying Shark (or Sky Shark in the US)?

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

Or possibly even Fire Shark!

fire-shark-04.png

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
this one is probably easy:
It is one of "Tales of...", I played a little on Ps3, it started with a boy, short and black hair and I believe the game take place in the sewers in the first hour. I remember that you walk in the city at night.

Tales of Xillia, character you were using was Jude, the Main Male Protagonist, Milla being the Female Main Protagonist (long blonde anime hair, magical swordsman lady)

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Twin Hawk maybe..? it´s got a blue plane..

and you probably have already googled the 1942 games.. like 1942, 1943: the battle of midway, 1941:Counter Attack,

and if it is a side scrolling game.. maybe P-47 the Phantom Fighter

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
A rather obscure one that has been bothering me.

Amstrad CPC game. It's a racing game of some sorts. I'm pretty sure the perspective was from behind the car. I can't remember what the vehicle looked like, other than it was solid black, and the sides of the road were red and white, which blurred into pink when you were going fast enough. I think the ground and sky would change colour the longer you drove for, but I might be misremembering.

The key detail I remember is that when you crash the car into the side of the road, it blows up and the game calls you a Curb Crawler. That sticks in my mind because I was around 4/5 years old trying to play this janky old game and could not figure it out.

I went through the entirety of the Moby Games section for Amstrad racing but nothing looked familiar. Figured I'd try my luck asking here.

Thanks in advance.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Twin Hawk maybe..? it´s got a blue plane..

and you probably have already googled the 1942 games.. like 1942, 1943: the battle of midway, 1941:Counter Attack,

and if it is a side scrolling game.. maybe P-47 the Phantom Fighter

Sorry but neither of these are the one, and P-47 the Phantom Fighter is horizontal shmup, the one i remember was vert scrolling.

EDIT:
the first early 80´s game.. could be Exerion

OMFG, that's the 1st game! You found it thank you! I remember playing this at a steak resturant in the Chicago suburbs in 1988, it was so much fun but for the life of me could not remember what it was called. BTW those background were kinda mesmerizing at the time.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Old DOS game, you walked around as a knight on a tile based map.

Simple colors, the knight sprite was just gray.

I only remember walking in some sort of sub screen (cave) where a witch was who could turn people/you into a frog.

The game was on a shareware disc so I have no idea if this even was a fully realized game.

But for the longest time I had this in my head wanting to know more about it, it was sort of intriguing. Unfortunately, this was at a friend's house so I only had this brief encounter with the game.

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
Please anyone tell me the name of this game. It is a 8-bit NES game, in the game there is a man who is running forward but as he jumps he transforms into a fighter jet and when he lands he transforms again from fighter jet to man.

it's all i remember, was a little kid when i played it.

Oct 30, 2017
Please anyone tell me the name of this game. It is a 8-bit NES game, in the game there is a man who is running forward but as he jumps he transforms into a fighter jet and when he lands he transforms again from fighter jet to man.

A bit of a stretch, but could it be The Guardian Legend, maybe?

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017

hmm... this bothers me...
Ghost Pilot?

Gun Frontier?

Lightning Fighters?

Mission 660?

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Nevermind guys, I found the second game, it was a Taito arcade game called Scramble Formation, known as Tokio here in the U.S.

ZPGZP1j.jpg

Been looking for this game forever. Now I wanna play it.

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017

this would be "Formation Z"

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
I'm not expecting somebody to know this game but I'll try anyway:
- It was a cheap shovelware game that came with a magazine somewhere in the years 2000-05
- I think it was from a collection of games called 64 something. 1 game each week/month packed with the magazine
- it had ps1/early 3d pc graphic
- you played as a turtle with a baseball cap(you can play later as other animals as well)
- it was some sort of racing game, when the game started the turtle run down 3 different paths, you decided which path it took and there were some holes to jump over/other things as well, you were constantly switching between the paths to find the perfect route
- you won if you finished the race before the time was up
- I remember a hub world when the game starts
I tried googling it for years but no luck. It was weirdly addictive to my whole family. I hope I find it someday.

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
A rather obscure one that has been bothering me.

Amstrad CPC game. It's a racing game of some sorts. I'm pretty sure the perspective was from behind the car. I can't remember what the vehicle looked like, other than it was solid black, and the sides of the road were red and white, which blurred into pink when you were going fast enough. I think the ground and sky would change colour the longer you drove for, but I might be misremembering.

The key detail I remember is that when you crash the car into the side of the road, it blows up and the game calls you a Curb Crawler. That sticks in my mind because I was around 4/5 years old trying to play this janky old game and could not figure it out.

I went through the entirety of the Moby Games section for Amstrad racing but nothing looked familiar. Figured I'd try my luck asking here.

Thanks in advance.

could it be Chase HQ?