• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
A sneak game. Run and gun. I remember that you could play coop and at some point some guys come out from the river and you have to kill him and then jump on his corpse to progress, or else you fall In a waterfall. The final boss is a skeleton or place full of bones.

Thought it was contra 3, but from I saw, I must be confusing it with something else.
Try Doom Troopers. There's a segment in the first level in which you have to shoot bad guys on a water fall and jump on them to progress.

RiamuFG

Director at Chuhai Labs
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kyoto, Japan
MY LORD. I STILL. DO NOT KNOW WHAT THAT GAME WAS. :(

Liam on the Dad and Sons podcast tried to remember a game, in a discussion about Tom Clancy he thought there was a series of Tom Clancy games about ships and one of them was on the Wii. We already know it's not Battleship or HAWX he's thinking of but nobody knows what it could be.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Whenever I see threads like this it reminds me of some game I played on the NES back in the day. Some segments were like bullet hell flight, like Gradius, and other parts I was fighting in a dungeon. It was super tough, and I beat it one day while a friend was watching me play, and I remember him saying that the game should "suck your dick" for beating it.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I see threads like this it reminds me of some game I played on the NES back in the day. Some segments were like bullet hell flight, like Gradius, and other parts I was fighting in a dungeon. It was super tough, and I beat it one day while a friend was watching me play, and I remember him saying that the game should "suck your dick" for beating it.

Guardian Legend.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Guardian Legend.

RiamuFG

Director at Chuhai Labs
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kyoto, Japan
Is it really that hard to look up a list of Tom Clancy games?

It's either Hunt for Red October, Red Storm Rising, or SSN.

All I remember was a kick ass CGI trailer at E3 once for it. I was surprised because it was a Wii title and it got me super hyped that the Wii might meet the graphics of the competitors (I was 15 and clueless lol).

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I'm trying to remember a Game Boy where it's sort of like an action strategy thing, and you have these formations of Japanese warriors - a ninja, a monk, a samurai - and each one has a different power and can also turn into a huge godly spirit monster.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I'm trying to remember a Game Boy where it's sort of like an action strategy thing, and you have these formations of Japanese warriors - a ninja, a monk, a samurai - and each one has a different power and can also turn into a huge godly spirit monster.
Mercenary Force?

Skip to 0:30 to see the godly spirit monster transformation.

Jeremy Parish did a Gameboy World episode on this game:

Last edited:

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Okay, i'm trying to remember a pre-school to kids game, one of those cartoon simple that tried to be sold as educational. It was at an old computer my aut had, i can't recall if t was a Mac, PC or one of those console-PCs like Amiga. It was around 1994 to 1997, dates could vary. I remember there was like a mode to see videos or something in a cinema and you can control some actions of the espectators and one of them was an elephant that ate popcorn.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to help a friend out and they only really have an old photo of a tv to go off of. From the 90s most likely, Adventure genre perhaps.

yne7mPX.png

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
Hello!
I'm trying to remember a very old Macintosh "game". A bit more like an animation toy where you could record your own "movies".
You could move several preset animations on the screen, and select a background. When moving objects, you'd be recording frames.
Every new "frame" of animation did a "Bleep" in a loop of four, increasing a colorful counter on the top left.
You could also draw custom images and drag them around, add obnoxious sound effects...
Then save everything and replay it.

The logo was a purple flying saucer with lights, spewing a flame from the bottom. In the back, I remember a film strip.
The flying saucer was one of the animations.
Other animations included what I remember being a juggling beaver with big eyes, a boy, a girl, a cyclist, a running leopard, a green alien...

Anecdotally, since I was a kid I thought the game's name was "Untitled", since that was the default name everytime I would save a file (and I didn't understand english).
Probably a similar generation to KidPix (~1995?), since there was a demo of it on the old computer.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There was a PC game where you had to solve a murder and all clues were found online.

It got rave reviews everywhere and I always thought it sounded great.

Edit: I remembered its In Memoriam.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Hello!
I'm trying to remember a very old Macintosh "game". A bit more like an animation toy where you could record your own "movies".
You could move several preset animations on the screen, and select a background. When moving objects, you'd be recording frames.
Every new "frame" of animation did a "Bleep" in a loop of four, increasing a colorful counter on the top left.
You could also draw custom images and drag them around, add obnoxious sound effects...

The logo was a purple flying saucer with lights, spewing a flame from the bottom. In the back, I remember a film strip.
Other animations included what I remember being a juggling beaver with big eyes, a boy, a girl, a cyclist, a running leopard, a green alien...

Anecdotally, since I was a kid I thought the game's name was "Untitled", since that was the default name everytime I would save a file (and I didn't understand english).
Probably a similar generation to KidPix (~1995?), since there was a demo of it on the old computer.
this one is tough. Sounds like one of those 3d movie maker "games" but i don't know.

Ichtyander

Oct 25, 2017
Hello!

You can check out this link for a list of similar software for the Mac, might be something in there.

Ichtyander

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I checked earlier, it wasn't in the "Creative" nor "For Children" lists.

There's Magic Theatre (for Windows), has a lot of similar mechanics but it's probably not it. Apparently published by Knowledge Adventure who did the JumpStart games as well as the Spider-Man and X-Men Cartoon Maker software which is very similar as well.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
A customer came in and asked if I knew this, so I don't have any more details than this.

-Most likely SNES?
- F-Zero-like perspective racing game
- She remembers it having a car, or cars.
- You traverse the track specifically by bouncing around on the walls to get the optimal angles to propel you to the finish. Not just driving!

Anyone?

Do you think that by "F-Zero like perspective" she means a mode 7 game? I took a quick look at the games that used mode 7 and there's a handfull of racing games but none fits the bouncing mechanics from what I saw.

Ruin

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
Help me with this, I played it as a kid on PC.

A top down game, I think it might be classified as real time strategy? But i dnt remember enemies. You control yellow creatures, they have oval bodies, the head is attached to the body , kinda like kirby. They can plant trees and build technologies, they get tired and sick, when they get sick they turn green. Some might turn red, I don't remember why.

Edit: I looked up it's description, someone was asking about it on some thread in another forum too. Here is his description:
"
1.you are controlling a yellow thingy unit and make a village.
2.it will need energy to build, so you need to grow apples.
3.it play the sound "nyum! nyum!" repeatedly while eating the apples.
4. the yellow thingy will die if you order it to make a wall because
it will use all of his energy when building a wall.
5.the enemy is a blue alien."

Edit 2: OMG found it, Planet Blupi
https://youtu.be/cWFkWmwtba8

Last edited:

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I have a few games from my childhood that I can vaguely remember, but I've tried searching for them and couldn't get anything.

I think they're all PS1 games, not sure as my dad had set up an emulator, so I wasn't physically booting up a console that I could remember.

The first game, I believe the main character is some small dude in a yellow/orange suit, running around on a beach or an island, doing platforming and stuff. Don't really remember much more. :(

The second game, it was sort of like a medieval setting, it had a dragon I think and I believe it was themed after some toys. Not Lego, something else, the characters all had straight arms I think. The player character was a knight, might've had some blue-ish armor.

The third game, actually I think this was a demo of a PC game. It was set inside some kind of a mine, the main character was some red devil-ish? looking dude who had a brown staff I think. Again, not much to go on.

The last game, this one's been the biggest mind breaker for me - it was a racing game, I'm 90% certain it was some kind of sci-fi bikes, going at huge speeds on these tracks that were like.. floating? It wasn't like racing in the streets, more like futuristic roads set in a pretty gray world. I think there were some huge towers that the tracks would go inbetween/around and such. This is by far one of the earliest games I've played and thus is the hardest to recall.

e: another one came to mind, also very vague, this was from a game magazine demo disc on PC. It was set in some small town, you played as a guy in a suit, I believe, possibly an adventure/detective game. The most distinctive thing I recall about it is that you could whistle a cab to travel to different places.

Are these it? idk about the PC ones

latest

21832269.jpg

!!e!VVnQB2M~$(KGrHqIOKocE0h!WGQ-MBNP4TrrF2g~~_1.JPG

ucus-98620-game-ss-4

256px-Kinetica_cover.jpg

PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT10_116273.jpg

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
I have a few games from my childhood that I can vaguely remember, but I've tried searching for them and couldn't get anything.

I think they're all PS1 games, not sure as my dad had set up an emulator, so I wasn't physically booting up a console that I could remember.

The first game, I believe the main character is some small dude in a yellow/orange suit, running around on a beach or an island, doing platforming and stuff. Don't really remember much more.:(

Maybe Terra Incognita, one of the PS1 Net Yaroze games?

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
I've been wanting to ask about this game in this thread, then I did a few searches on Google and Mobygames and actually found the name. So I'm leaving it here just in case anyone's looking.

You fly a hover car around a cyberpunk style city hunting down bounties. The gameplay is pretty simple but the design of the city left me a huge impression back in 1999.

I thought it was G Police that I played, but it wasn't. Turns out it's this quite obscure game called bhunter.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/bhunter

https://obscuritory.com/action/bhunter/

Sobig

Dec 14, 2017
Hi guys! Looking for a game. I am unsure about the platform (saw it on stream just briefly before falling asleep so I didn't get a name of it). It is a same concept like Dead by Daylight except it doesn't look realistic. It is more "cartoony". So one killer and 4 people running. It is about some kids that are trying not to be eaten by bad guys. I remember that one of the bad guys was a golden spider (might have been a skin for a different colored spider). When you get caught the bad guy puts you in the chair that gets rocketed into the air when the time is up if you don't get saved. That is all I remember. Thanks :)

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
Hi guys! Looking for a game. I am unsure about the platform (saw it on stream just briefly before falling asleep so I didn't get a name of it). It is a same concept like Dead by Daylight except it doesn't look realistic. It is more "cartoony". So one killer and 4 people running. It is about some kids that are trying not to be eaten by bad guys. I remember that one of the bad guys was a golden spider (might have been a skin for a different colored spider). When you get caught the bad guy puts you in the chair that gets rocketed into the air when the time is up if you don't get saved. That is all I remember. Thanks :)

That's probably Identity V.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
If not Identity V it sounds similar to Lakeview Cabin Collection...but I've not got around to playing it yet so can't confirm for sure!

L4DANathan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fairfax, VA, USA
I've got one for you guys as well. It was a PS2 game similar to X-Men Legends (isometric camera, 4 player coop), but it was themed around vampires/zombies/werewolves/etc. and was fairly edgy for 13 year old me. That's about all I remember about it though, as I only played it at a friend's house for about an hour.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I've got one for you guys as well. It was a PS2 game similar to X-Men Legends (isometric camera, 4 player coop), but it was themed around vampires/zombies/werewolves/etc. and was fairly edgy for 13 year old me. That's about all I remember about it though, as I only played it at a friend's house for about an hour.
Champions of Norrath?

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017

Hunter The Reckoning?

Oct 25, 2017
The original Hunter: The Reckoning was only released on Gamecube and Xbox; the PS2 one is the sequel, Hunter: The Reckoning: Wayward. Then the third game in the series would be an Xbox exclusive, Hunter: The Reckoning: Redeemer. Yeah.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
Here's a game I can't find it. It's basically a shoot-em-up (or was it a shooting gallery game? I'm not sure) taking place in a human's mouth, and you have to eliminate germs before they infect the teeth which will then get pulled out. It's not strictly vertical/horizontal scrolling game, instead you can freely move around the playing field, a little like Geometry Wars. I think the game is endless, but it gets quickly difficult as it throws in too many germs, so I couldn't last more than a few minutes.

2D graphics, and it wasn't really a good looking game. I used to think that infected teeth look grotesque, though. Very likely a PC game. I played it around 2000-ish.

HamsterDude

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hi.

ok there was this game I rented as a kid for the SNES that had skiing, I think snowboarding, and a third winter sport.

And I believe it showed a map of how far you were after the round was over or something.

And I thought it used mode7 but actually it could be that it never did.

I'm sure I rented this game a little late into the SNES life and I really liked it.

If this game really existed and wasn't a false memory of mine, what is it? I've always had that burned into my mind. I loved going into the small room the SNES was in, and playing that winter game I rented on the small TV.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi.

ok there was this game I rented as a kid for the SNES that had skiing, I think snowboarding, and a third winter sport.

And I believe it showed a map of how far you were after the round was over or something.

I'm sure I rented this game a little late into the SNES life and I really liked it.

If this game really existed and wasn't a false memory of mine, what is it? I've always had that burned into my mind. I loved going into the small room the SNES was in, and playing that winter game I rented on the small TV.
Tommy Moe's Winter Extreme Skiing and Snowboarding

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Hi.

Winter gold?
Not mode7 but super fx and very obscure.

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
Ok so I'm having a huge brain fart, I remember this game so vividly but I can't recall the name. I tried google searching some images to no avail.

unknown.png

From this video: https://youtu.be/O6kN73PuygI?t=276

Help will be much appreciated.

Edit: Never mind, a friend helped me out with this. It's "Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure"