• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
I dropped Valhalla , it drove me crazy.

The visual bugs , the quest bugs , the fucking clipping .

Pretty much everybody has long hair and long beards in this game and they couldn't figure out a way to prevent clipping ? I couldn't stand it

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Any mobile game that tries to emulate a console controller. Not happening.

Metro Exodus on PS4 felt like I was wading in mud, and button presses were suggestions.

Torchlight/Assassin's Creed - Switch. Controls feel like convoluted crap. Not fun to play at all.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
I've never dropped a game due to performance. Couldn't matter less to me unless the game is literally unplayable (and no, 30 FPS with drops does not make a game unplayable)

Nov 1, 2017
This was most likely something to do with my PC but whenever I quit Resident Evil 4, the screen would turn dark and my computer would completely lock-up; Ctrl+Alt+Delete did nothing. I had to force shut down the system every time. I figured it wasn't worth putting my Windows partition at risk from doing that too many times, so I ended up shelving it.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Jak & Daxter on PS VITA because performance and controls were abysmal.

Minlack

Oct 29, 2017
Batman Arkham Knight, and The Evil Within 2. Both on PC. Both for performance issues.

Batman got patched eventually, but was still not great shakes.

The Evil Within 2 ran poorly, and seemed to max out GPU at just 80%, no bottleneck anywhere else. It never got fixed. I eventually played it maybe two years later after having paid full price on release. Annoying because it seems to run pretty great on next-gen console backwards compatibility.

Tho I guess I eventually stomached the performance issues for both of these...

May 29, 2018
Watch Dog's legion. Got it for free with my 3080. Couldn't get it to run well whatsoever so I turned it off and uninstalled it. There are too many good games to play to waste time with that.

While we're on the topic, haven't had too many issues with cyberpunk. I've had 2 bad glitches maybe? And no crashes at all on my PC. My complaints with it are less on the technical side and more about the inconsistent quality of the content.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Two Brothers, the previous game from the YIIK maker. It's just a 2D top down RPG game, the kind you could make with RPG Maker but it's just severely broken with the progression logic just breaking.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Recently I got Deadly Premonition 2 on launch, played it a bit but didn't last long due to the performance being just dreadful. I haven't tried the patches yet, but I will do when I've finished up other stuff I've been playing. Otherwise I also got Age of Calamity recently, and while I wouldn't say I've abandoned it, it's definitely not high on my priority list to play since it looked rather blurry due to the resolution drops and played kinda poorly in handheld mode - was kind of hoping for a patch there too.

I'd say the worst was Skyrim. While it wasn't really immediately, since the issues didn't crop up right away. I dropped Skyrim as soon as the game was rendered practically unplayable on PS3 due to the memory issue that occurs after you've played the game for a certain amount of hours. That kind of just soured me on Skyrim in general, I've bought the PC version since but like, I've just never managed to get that far again. :/

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been really lucky, hasn't happened to me in ages. I only buy a handful of games a year on Day 1, from developers known for polish (Nintendo, SSM, Insomniac, though even they messed up a bit with Spider-man: Remastered, MS first parties, too)

Even if new games aren't broken at launch, so many of them run/look better or have extra QoL features a couple months after launch, I stopped buying day 1 and wait for impressions on Era or Reddit

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Borderlands 2 on Vita was pretty much unplayable for me. I forget exactly why that was, whether it was framerate, controls, or both. I played it about 30 minutes though.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
My save in The Messenger got deleted one time after a hard crash somehow and I never went back to it. I'm still mad about it.

Westonian

Oct 27, 2017
Hellgate: London

I was so excited to play this First Person spiritual successor to Diablo from some of the original Diablo devs. This was years before Diablo 3 finally came out.

The game was pretty much in the same state as the infamous Half-Life 2 hack dump. Just completely unfinished and unplayable.

panda-zebra

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Tomb Raider 2013 on PS4. The frame rate was in that horrible headache-inducing never smooth sitting around 50, rarely 60, over 40 range that simply made it impossible to continue. It being pretty dull proabably also a factor. It physically hurt to play. EDIT: OK, I was also forced to give up Fallout 3 PS3 when my save got too big and one of the DLC expansions simply crashed after a few minutes, leading to loading times that were longer than play sessions.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Turok PS3 and Skyrim PS3.

Bad frame rate/pacing, screen-tearing, glitchy ragdoll physics and poor image quality.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Genshin Impact on PS4. Holyshyte it ran like garbage. I stopped playing until the PS5 arrived. So much better now.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
That Call of Duty game on Vita had an issue that meant I couldn't play it online. The campaign was dreadful so I got rid of it pronto.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most games on Switch imo. Xenoblade 2 & DE, Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem, Pikmin 3, Pokemon etc....I'm pretty much tired of horrible framerate and how ugly the games look in handheld/portable mode.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Considering I'm refusing to continue Cyberpunk until my progression-blocking bug is fixed... I'd say Cyberpunk.

Ego

Banned
Dec 6, 2020
The Last Guardian

I abandoned it because of the terrible framerate and wanky controls. But I'm re-playing it right now on PS5 @ 60fps. It's certainly a transformative experience.

Etoh

Oct 25, 2017
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Ori and the Will of the Wisps on release. I still remember battling a boss at, like, 5 frames per second.

A shame, too, since Blind Forest is one of my favorite games and I was STOKED to play its sequel. I'm back to it again on Series X, and while it looks (and plays) gloriously, the sour taste of that first impression remains. :(

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Fallout New Vegas. Ended up reaching pretty far, but i dropped it due to the save files getting corrupted.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Black ops cold war crashed so hard on my series x that it shut off the system. Then i read about it bricking other peoples consoles. I deleted it immediatley

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I abandoned Crysis 1 Remastered due to not being able to play the game in 1440p fullscreen. 1080p and 4K worked just fine, but 1440p the screen went haywire. This game runs terribly even on a 3080 and 1080p is too low of a resolution for me as I wanted to play with RT. Just started the game back up last night and now it finally works! No idea if it was a driver issue or a game issue.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I dropped Killer is Dead for Xbox 360 pretty quickly due to screen tearing. That game had a bunch of other issues, both technical and non-technical, but the screen tearing was what drove it over the edge for me.

It was a huge shame because I finished No More Heroes 2 and Lollipop Chainsaw enjoying them both, and was looking forward to Grasshopper's next game.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
There was some shmup I picked up on PC a couple years ago, that I'd heard good things about. Couldn't get it to run in full screen (or borderless, it was determined to run in a window at some fucked up resolution), couldn't get it to recognize the industry-standard Xbox controller (even though it had Xbox button prompts in the game). Basically couldn't get the damn thing to work at all. Refunded it within twenty minutes of downloading it.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My boyfriend borrowed Cyberpunk off his brother and he played it for like an hour on his PS5 and came across multiple bugs and then the game crashed without saving and he lost all that progress. He just ejected it and said he isn't going to bother lol

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
The Need for Speed launch game on PS4. Bugged out of the track within 5 minutes of starting. Put it back in the case and returned it the same day.

Dec 15, 2017
Horizon zero dawn PC. The game is improving patch after patch but at some point they made the decision of catching shaders all the time instead of just one time.
The game is now a stuttery mess as it used your cpu a lot more.

How could they make such an idiotic choice?

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
F1 2019 didn't lauch using the Xbox App on PC. It kept asking me to sign in, but it wouldn't trigger the pop up to do that.

I didn't try to fix it.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Yoshi's Crafted World on the switch. The shimmering low res backgrounds made my eyes water. There doesn't seem to be much going on with the game so the devs are either inept or just didn't give a fuck.