• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I used to be able to wring enjoyment out of practically any Sonic the Hedgehog game, but Sonic Forces is the first one in a long time I haven't bothered picking up yet.

One day when it hits $10 I'll add it to my Switch library but that'll be a while I'm thinking.
As someone that watched a friend play the 2D sonic games when I was very young in the late 90s... What makes these 3D ones not appealing? I have noticed that ppl do not like the 3D ones from the mid 2000s, like that one on ps3.. Or this new one Forces.

I think the new one at least looks great visually. I love the look of the fast Sonic in that 3D space. I can appreciate how cool the sonic mania game looks though.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
Any of the Musou games. I just find them really fun to play, although I haven't picked up Dynasty Warriors 9 or Berserk Musou.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anything by Volition. So far there has been a lot more hits than misses, Agents of Mayhem being the only complete disappointment.

Not that it comes up often but I am also a sucker for anything with Splatterhouse plastered onto it.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
it might just be smash bros and splatoon. I was gonna say "major nintendo releases" but i realized there's been exceptions in all the others.

Mario 2d: skipped nsmb2 and nslu, only played mario maker at a friend's place.
mario 3d: skipped 3d land
zelda: skipped triforce heroes if that counts, took multiple years to go back and touch skyward sword
metroid: didn't buy other m til the price cratered under the logic of "how bad could it have really been?" and was still disappointed my god it's trash on every level.
mario kart: skipped 7 in that same 3cs blind spot, haven't double-dipped on 8deluxe
pokemon: didn't try gen 5 until years after the fact. haven't touched let's go.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I buy any game I'm interested in. I don't care what others think of it.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Assassin's Creed. I find the fact that we got virtual recreations of ancient cities (ehm, countries lately) lying around simply mesmerizing. RDR is nice and all, but MEMPHIS.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I think it's a good game. I don't care about what other people think, but I don't have brand loyalty like OP either.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It didn't matter how much people trashed it pre-release, Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite was always going to get my money.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
Tony Hawk. I bought them all*, including spin-offs. Had Pro Skater 5 pre-ordered despite knowing it would probably be bad judging from Pro Skater HD. Would be there to pre-order any possible future release were there to be any. Although I'd played video games before it was the original TH that really sunk its claws in me and truly got me into video games, so I'll always be there for this series.

(* not the obscure weird stuff like the N-Gage game or whatever, but every console game and every Nintendo/Sony handheld game)

Scutebrute

Oct 27, 2017
For me it's LEGO games. I'll love them forever since they have been a huge part of my life since I was young. I like that they're all kinda similar and easy but typically high quality for games aimed at kids. They're sort of the game equivalent of comfort food for me.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I'd still have bought Star Fox Zero even with everyone having hate boners for it.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Driver: I bought every game in the series, even that one on PSP.. well, it was better than Driv3r tho
Tenchu: Same here, sadly both of them died

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
If online only games dont count than I buy bioware games eventually and have bought every non mmo elderscrolls and fallout game.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Anything I'm interested in, I very rarely read reviews. I can usually tell if I'm going to like something.

In terms of franchises I Day 1'd every Pokemon RPG release until Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
That's about all of the games i play. I don't care what other people think, i buy and play what i want, no matter how good or shitty they may be.

Sometimes i try games that i wasn't interested in initially because other people convinced me to and i've always regreted it. Latest culprits are Monster Hunter World and that Smash thingy everyone is raving about theses days for some reason.

I prefer following my guts despite what every one else is saying and they are yet to displease me.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Any MMORPG that comes out I tend to buy (if it has an entry cost) and I've played pretty much every major MMORPG. I will always support the genre as it's something I really enjoy, even if most of them have turned into F2P cash grabs. People shit on them a lot because they are grindfests, or pay to win, or just a waste of time and life. But I really like them.

Just recently I bought Project Gorgon and Legends of Aria, no regrets.

Also I buy every Call of Duty. Love multiplayer shooters and always hope they are good. Even if I get lumped in with idiots who support yearly rehashes.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Pretty much any game honestly. I'll check out some people's impressions and reviews but nothing ever deters me from picking up a game if I'm interested and really want to play it. I would have missed out on a number of games I had fun with otherwise.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
Fire Emblem and Ace Attorney. I've enjoyed every Ace Attorney game so I'd need to get personally burned before I stop and I like Fire Emblem too much not to at least need to know about the newest game even if it's not great.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
God of War. Even if they would have continued the old ways and released something like Ascension 2, would have bought it Day 1.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
- Main Persona series. In the past was also The first original Shin Megami Tensei series.
- Extreme Beautiful Pixel games like Owl Boy and the new Bushiden.
- Games which some specific gameplay style like Undertale, Fight Knight, Blue Omen Operation and Knuckle Sandwich [I Backed the last 3 on Kicksatrter]
- Quake, Unreal, Blood and DOOM Single player campaigns. The same was at first with Duke Nukem games, However I was lucky and played the Demo of Duke Nukem Forever.
From that day I knew I shall not buy a Duke game with blind Fate.

EDIT:
Now that I think about it....
- Any game which include the art of Alex Aha. I am addictive to his art style!!!
- Haaaaaaaaahhh.....Diablo and StarCraft...but I am not sure anymore...
The last games was a disappointment for me [NOT bad games, just disappointed with the stories...].

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Destiny.

Barely any other game or franchise in the last years has given me as much fun and camraderie as the Destiny Franchise.
I buy that stuff the moment it's out.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
I was part of the problem with the multiple ports of Skyrim.

That was a simpler time where ignorance was bliss for me.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Battlefront 2 fuck it

I'm a Star Wars junkie. HvV is where the game is at. Modes like Blast and GA are just fun distractions. Very casual, but it's fun to play when you wanna break from the Heroes.

I can't justify the bullshit EA tried to do, but I can tell the developers really put their all into the game. Inconsistent communication aside, I've been pretty satisfied with their dedication to updates and content. I can't believe we have Grievous and Obi-Wan and are looking to get Anakin and Dooku over the next couple months. The fanboy in me is screaming.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm. Can't think of any.

HOWEVER, I play 3rd party games on my Xbox One vs my PS4, despite inferior graphics. I just rather do it that way.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Any game I buy I don't take into account what other people think. I'm not buying anything wild but the point stands. Nor what movies I watch or novels I read. What do I care what other people think of it? They aren't the ones playing it. I am.

Jerry Orbach

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Old Sega and Capcom games, over and over again, no matter how lacklustre the port or emulation quality.

You could probably expand that to "inferior" versions of any game I consider great. I'm a proponent of backward compatibility because I want to own MORE versions of the same thing, not fewer.