• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Sea of Thieves
Tetris Effect
Call Of Duty MW
Gears 5
Crackdown 3
Spiderman Remastered
Forza Horizon 4
Ori Will of the Wisps šŸ˜‰
Gran Turismo

All are very poppy easy to see an improvement
Co-signed. These all really show what HDR can do. Personally I'd add recent RE games to the list although I know a lot of people don't like the color correction they use in certain locations giving elevated blacks at times... But it's an artistic choice and when they shine, hoo boy do they.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
What's bad about it in Cyberpunk? Looks great to me, on PC that is.

The color space on PC does exactly the same thing as the next gen consoles are doing. Go to a very dark scene or location at night and compare with and without HDR on your PC. HDR is using fake HDR implementation based on SDR. the blacks are severely raised. Update 1.05 didn't fix it either

If it looks good for you, that's great, but it isn't doing what it should be

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Sony First Party and Frostbite games usually do very well.

GT Sport, but the game and intro video look incredible.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Horizonn zero dawn, sea of thieves and shadow of the doom radar all set the bar imo. The opening segment of tomb raider at the Mexican street festival is some next gen shit. It looks so incredible.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man Remastered kind of blew me away tbh. gonna replay Miles in HDR soon and see how that looks. played a bit of Ori and that looks amazing too.

conversely, I tried out RDR2 and thought it looked worse

Oct 27, 2017
Child of Eden with Auto HDR on Xbox Series X is blowing me away. It looks great on my TCL 6 Series, but I shudder to think how good it must look on an OLED.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gears 4 and 5 are the gimmes. If you've got an OLED, Gears 4 really stands on its own. Seeing the sick orange glow of Swarm pods against the thick of night along with the cool blues of your squad's armor really brings the game's strong art direction to the next level. It only gets better with Gears 5, especially in its second act (though I can't speak to Hivebusters, given I have yet to play it).

Call of Duty: WWII and Modern Warfare both have excellent HDR implementations (MW being a significant improvement on the already astoundingly pretty WWII). They both made me wishing I had an HDR10 monitor for when I play those games on PC.
Modern warfares' was amazing

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
The Last of Us Part II stands out to me as having the best black levels. That section at night in the forest *chef's kiss*

Demon's Souls remake and God of War also had really good HDR.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing through Gears 5 now on an LGCX, damn this is a beauty

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Astro's Playroom's HDR implementation is quite nice IMO, mainly because the image looks almost photorealistic and the HDR doesn't draw attention to itself. Just a really clean, vibrant visual presentation through and through.

OP
OP
wafflebrain

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the recommends ya'll, will likely check out all of these in time but will probably start with the Sony exclusives plus the stuff on Game Pass like Ori, Gears 5, and FH 4.

Btw has hdr on Windows 10 improved at all? I know it was sorta broken when first introduced but see conflicting info on whether its been fixed now.